PDA

View Full Version : Just popped Morrowind into my Xbox

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 10:21 AM
my cousom Ninja class is ready . . .

so u prob wont see me too much on here . . . .

DrUnKtAnK
06-06-2002, 10:25 AM
See you on the flip side :) Have fun and take some breaks and come back and fill the Morrowindless people in with your adventures....

Ninja Scroll
06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
my cousom Ninja class is ready . . .

so u prob wont see me too much on here . . . .

You what?! you trying to rip off my gimmick junior!?
Then again, I am your role model and XBA Icon so I can see how you want to follow in my footsteps, jerky! :D

btw, how deep is the create a character? Anyone?:)

studepaber
06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
I'm raging with jealousy ... have fun and remember to come up for air.

xbaaddict
06-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Aint that some shiot, my software etc said the would be getting it in today and they didn't they **** me off so badly. Hey Opium where did you get your copy of this game?

Duke
06-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Dam, day off. Do I go buy it now or wait for the reviews to come in tonight. Guess it depends on how much I drink today.

Please post thoughts on the game anyone who has it.

Kooster
06-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Im waitin for a call from Gamestop.....

Hermes
06-06-2002, 10:49 AM
My local EB said mine was in. I will be picking it up at 2:00 EST. Hehehe. I can't wait. It's been nice knowing y'all.:) See ya sometime next year.

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 10:51 AM
accually Ninja my cousom class is a "Jedi Ninja" and the character cration is wonderfull just finished up . . . then i stole everything in the room . . .opps

i got it at a babbages in a mall

xboxfan
06-06-2002, 11:19 AM
I wanted to pick up this title but was unsure of the framerates for the xbox? Does it run smooth?

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 11:47 AM
no probs here . . . and the devs said it runns smoother on the box anyway

xbaaddict
06-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Yes! I just called software etc. and they got it in i will be playing this game at 5:45pm! Good thing i had it on pre-order cuz looks like this game is gonna go fast.

Oh, and how are the graphics? Tought i better ask before i pass out.

X-Ray
06-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Great, that probably means mine is in the mail!

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 12:39 PM
graphics r fine. . . . nothing spectacular but cant complain real time shadows r cool . . .water effect is awsome havend done any spell casting yet just exproling and talkin as of now . . .

so far about 2 hours of play . . . . im happy but kinda overwelmed i mean this game is huge u could spend 5 hours exploring this one town and still not see everything

JimmieDoogan
06-06-2002, 12:53 PM
But does it look better than a PS2 game? It better!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA PLAY...... :( :p

Master Gracey
06-06-2002, 12:56 PM
My local EB said that someone screwed up in distribution and they're not getting their copies until tomorrow. :mad: Just watch... I've had the past two weeks off work (my boss's dad died) and now I'll probably have to go back tomorrow morning. WHY CAN'T I JUST GET THIS GAME???

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
But does it look better than a PS2 game? It better!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA PLAY...... :( :p

com'n bro do u really need me to answer this one. . . can PS2 games even handle a real time weather system and real time shadowing??

JohnB
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Don't seem like there's a lot of people here right now. Must be playing Morrowind or getting it. But anyway, I posted my first impressions (only gotto play for 20min for now) in the New Releases forums in the sticky if anyone wants to check it out.

Plewis
06-06-2002, 02:00 PM
im not sure if i wanna buy this game yet... im gonna get 1 game at the end of the week and im not sure what game to get yet... i will wait and see more reviews come in... and by the way oppium, i sent ur game and money yesterday 2-3 days priority

Xbox Owner
06-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Tell me how it is...

EHWfedPres
06-06-2002, 02:28 PM
Im gonna call my EB now and see whats up...i called yesterday and they said they should have it by friday...but no guarantee.

Anyway, i played it on my friend's computer a while back. The water is amazing. And yes, you could spend 30 minutes in one building and still not have done everything. Its a downright enormous game.

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 02:31 PM
sweet dude!
i mite be pickin morrowind up soon!

peace

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
im not sure if i wanna buy this game yet... im gonna get 1 game at the end of the week and im not sure what game to get yet... i will wait and see more reviews come in... and by the way oppium, i sent ur game and money yesterday 2-3 days priority

i got tied up and i accually sent your today . . . . .

Shoua
06-06-2002, 03:37 PM
i want this game so bad!! i phoned my eb and they told me tomorrow. I hate my eb they always get thier games one day behind everyone. I am gonna go down there after work to trade in nhl 2002 and rallisport challenge and that should pay for morrowind. *cough* *cough* i just might have to be sick from work tomorrow so i can play it all day ehehe. I just hate these damn 24hr sudden sickness's lol.:D

lightsout
06-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Hey Opium...if u find the time, can you answer a few questions for me!?! :) (I'm totally clueless about how Morrowind works) does it have a currency, like gold or something so you can buy stuff from item stores? does it have Inns (like in FF games) where u can rest? and one more....can you see really far back in the horizon? I really like that in games, because they look soooo purrty lol. Thanks for your time! ;)

p.s. did ya play and splash aroudn in the nice beautiful shinning water? :cool:

13 Days :mad: until i FINALLY own an Xbox:cool:

lightsout
06-06-2002, 03:56 PM
One question i forgot...does it have save points, or can you save whenever you wish? thanx, and sorry bout the double post ppl:cool:

Master Gracey
06-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Alright... I just called nearly every store in the Denver area and noone has even received their shipments yet!!! It seems our area got missed... :mad:

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by lightsout
Hey Opium...if u find the time, can you answer a few questions for me!?! :) (I'm totally clueless about how Morrowind works) does it have a currency, like gold or something so you can buy stuff from item stores? does it have Inns (like in FF games) where u can rest? and one more....can you see really far back in the horizon? I really like that in games, because they look soooo purrty lol. Thanks for your time! ;)

p.s. did ya play and splash aroudn in the nice beautiful shinning water? :cool:

13 Days :mad: until i FINALLY own an Xbox:cool:

gold yea . . . .theres plenty of that to steal . . . and there is plenty to shop for in stores

Inns like places u can rest yeah. . . but u can rest anywhere out side of towns also but u might get robbed or something
whenu rest its a save so anywhere otuside a town or in an "Inn"

Kooster
06-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Ive played Morrowind for about 30 minutes now and heres what i have to say:

-the graphics suck
-theres A LOT of reading
-im confused on how to fight
-slow loading times

i think it will get better as i learn how to do things. u can save wherever, whenever. ill post some stuff later.

Spaztic
06-06-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
graphics r fine. . . . nothing spectacular but cant complain real time shadows r cool . . .water effect is awsome havend done any spell casting yet just exproling and talkin as of now . . .

so far about 2 hours of play . . . . im happy but kinda overwelmed i mean this game is huge u could spend 5 hours exploring this one town and still not see everything

....sounds kinda pointless, are you just wandering around and reading stuff?

Spaztic
06-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Ive played Morrowind for about 30 minutes now and heres what i have to say:

-the graphics suck
-theres A LOT of reading
-im confused on how to fight
-slow loading times

i think it will get better as i learn how to do things. u can save wherever, whenever. ill post some stuff later.

.....huh....sounds fun! I like buying a reading game with minimal action, and no progressive story! I am getting it:confused:

OppiumNitrates
06-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

....sounds kinda pointless, are you just wandering around and reading stuff?

well i havent played any elder scrolls games yet so im getting a feel for it . . . but i am doing quests for prople just havent attacked the main story yet . . . . and by the looks of your posts u r knockin the game so y not just stop posting in Morrowind threads if your so negitive about the game . . . . or post in the i think morriwng sucks thraed . . . . :cool: guy

Kooster
06-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Ive gotten used to the game now and its a lot more fun. i joined the mage guild. its a very open-ended game. when ppl arent looking i steal stuff! i need more gold, though. i look very poor. i need to buy some magic lessons too.

Hugh_Jass
06-06-2002, 08:28 PM
There is a *LOT* of reading. Don't play this game when you are tired because you'll miss stuff. Fortunately, the important facts are automatically recorded in your journal.

khaos2005
06-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

.....huh....sounds fun! I like buying a reading game with minimal action, and no progressive story! I am getting it:confused:

I can't seem to place why you are knocking on a game you don't even have. If you don't like RPGs, or Morrowind, for some reason, then your opinions are not very valid. However, if you generally like RPGs, or you actually played Morrowind for a while, and still don't like it, then that's fine. But why are you being so negative about it?

monkeyman
06-06-2002, 10:05 PM
god im such an idiot i forgot to call the places by me to ask for morrowind:mad:
oh well ill ask tommorow i cant wait for this game its gonna be great i just dont get the fighting system someone explain it to me

Nato King
06-07-2002, 12:36 PM
like I said before I should be getting morrowind bye the end of today or next week sometime. I must get this game everybody is talking about it in a good way and I must see it for myself.:)