PDA

View Full Version : Where did/do you buy your Xbox & games at?

Ninja Scroll
06-06-2002, 10:38 AM
The headliners speaks for itself fellow XBA homies!
Your XBA Icon-Ninja Jubei is curious to know where you fellow comrades bought their Xbox consoles and software at!

I bought my Xbox at Best Buy and most of my titles and accessories come from their too. I feel they have the best prices (at times they run good sales) anywhere.
EB & Software Ect. are cool too, but I will only go to them if Best Buy is sold-out of a game or if im in a hurry since their more convienient for me.
How about you all? :)

Kooster
06-06-2002, 10:41 AM
I got my Xbox at CompUSA on launch day along w/ Halo. I barely buy games from there, though. For games, I usually go to Gamestop, Toys R Us, and Best Buy.

Duke
06-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Ordered the box from eb, fastest way to get it here around Christmas time.

Couple games from EB, a few from Circuit city, and one at Funcoland on a trade-in.

Taranis
06-06-2002, 10:50 AM
I bought everything XBox, Halo, PGR, Max Payne, Oddworld, NFL Fever 2002, DVD controller, and controller S at ebgames.com all at one time.

Snake Eyez
06-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Bought everything at best buy. As backup I check Walmart if best buy is out.

SkoalMint
06-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Got my bundle on launch day at Sears. Was there when the place opened, and they had received four units (small town). Circuit City and Wal-Mart sold out quick, but when I went back to Sears that evening they still had three left. Amazing how many people forget they carry this stuff. I normally look to ebgames.com or Wal-Mart for games. We recently got an EB tho so I'll be looking there too.

Casper
06-06-2002, 11:31 AM
I got my Box from Circuit City about a few weeks before Xmas (it was a gift to myself :D ). My games, well I prefer to get them from Best Buy, but I have been preordering quite abit from ebgames.com and gamestop.com . I just got Outlaw Golf for $40 preordered, can't beat that with a bat ;)

Hugh_Jass
06-06-2002, 11:33 AM
I bought my XBOX at Walmart.

I get my first-party titles at the MS store for $10 each.

I've purchased other titles at Funcoland, Best Buy, and Walmart.

LynxFX
06-06-2002, 11:36 AM
I got my Xbox and first three games at Mediaplay. I've bought games at Circuit City, Amazon.com, Compusa, and Best Buy.

Hugh_Jass, is the MS store employee and friends only or is it public?

FuNkY mOnK
06-06-2002, 11:56 AM
I hate to spam but is this all we have to talk about?

UltimateAg
06-06-2002, 11:59 AM
xbox from sears, 2 games from circuit city, 2 games from EB, I've bought 3 off of ebay, and a couple more from playcentric.com, extra controller from Best Buy and a memory card from target. To sum up, I buy from whoever has the best prices and if I want it urgently then the cheapest nearby.

Scarlet Spider
06-06-2002, 12:45 PM
though i personaly dont like what wal*mart does to the small independant buisness man, i do buy all my xbox stuff there for one reason. My mom works there and i get 10% off!
but i dont know how much employee discounts are at other places, wal*mart is the only place i get one so thats where i get my stuff from

Xtopia
06-06-2002, 01:17 PM
My first Xbox and first four games were gifts, bough at Target.

I ordered my second Xbox from www.ebgames.com

I have gotten one game from Wal-Mart

I have purchased a game from a fellow XBA member

I bought RSC at Software Etc.

I pre-ordered Morrowind from Software Etc.

I'm all over the map!:eek:

ftyards
06-06-2002, 01:20 PM
See the sig mostly ebay

Ninja Scroll
06-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
though i personaly dont like what wal*mart does to the small independant buisness man, i do buy all my xbox stuff there for one reason. My mom works there and i get 10% off!
but i dont know how much employee discounts are at other places, wal*mart is the only place i get one so thats where i get my stuff from

Wal-Mart owns all yo! I wish I had one around my way. But in DC everyone think a brotha tryin to rob dem or somin!Naw mean!:D

btw, what is wal-Mart doing to da independent business man yo?
You mean by having cheap ass prices everyone will go to them and not da small man because he charges a Ninja high ass full prices?

CodeMonkey
06-06-2002, 02:55 PM
I buy mine from this shady character called Malcolm that works for asda collecting trolleys

Scarlet Spider
06-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Wal-Mart owns all yo! I wish I had one around my way. But in DC everyone think a brotha tryin to rob dem or somin!Naw mean!:D

btw, what is wal-Mart doing to da independent business man yo?
You mean by having cheap ass prices everyone will go to them and not da small man because he charges a Ninja high ass full prices?

they do whats called dumping, they sell a couple of items cheaper than the independant store, so people will go there to buy it, and while they are there they will buy everything else they need, then when no one is going to that independant store anymore it goes out of buisness then wal*mart slowly raises they prises back up

batman46st
06-06-2002, 03:37 PM
The headliners speaks for itself fellow XBA homies!
Your XBA Icon-Ninja Jubei is curious to know where you fellow comrades bought their Xbox consoles and software at!

I bought my Xbox at Best Buy and most of my titles and accessories come from their too. I feel they have the best prices (at times they run good sales) anywhere.
EB & Software Ect. are cool too, but I will only go to them if Best Buy is sold-out of a game or if im in a hurry since their more convienient for me.
How about you all? :)

dude i got my ish at toys r us in time square and now i buy my stuff at a lil corner vid store called new line but i shop at circuit city.....

E-Vader
06-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Gets all me gear from www.topshop.com.au anyone in aus I highly reccomend 'em.

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 08:36 PM
xbox pkg and most of my games from EB!
and a few games from wal-mart!
thats bout it..

peace

Hugh_Jass
06-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Hugh_Jass, is the MS store employee and friends only or is it public?

It's only for employees.

Shorezy
06-06-2002, 10:10 PM
I got my Xbox plus all my controllers, halo and Max Payne @ Future Shop. I got amped and my G-Pak case @ Electroniques Boutique.

spliffdUP
06-07-2002, 02:49 AM
I got my X-box and most of my games at Future Shop.

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 09:42 AM
Game Stop, love the return policy and fair trade $$.
90% of my XBOX stuff came from there.

Of course we always look for that Best Buy or Circuit City sales.;)

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 12:38 PM

they do whats called dumping, they sell a couple of items cheaper than the independant store, so people will go there to buy it, and while they are there they will buy everything else they need, then when no one is going to that independant store anymore it goes out of buisness then wal*mart slowly raises they prises back up

Well it a business bro, somebody's gonna get screwed.
I take it you or someone you know has their own small business cause your taking this pretty personally homie?

dave_m123
06-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Game in the UK

LOL :D Good one Codemonkey :D

Scarlet Spider
06-07-2002, 12:58 PM

Well it a business bro, somebody's gonna get screwed.
I take it you or someone you know has their own small business cause your taking this pretty personally homie?
yeah, my dad owns a couple computer shops around here, and the comic shop owners are my best friends

Nerrad529
06-07-2002, 01:36 PM
Gamestop for new games Blockbuster Qmart they have good used games cheap.

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Software Etc. for all my gaming needs.:cool:

~ SpartanSniper

Xbox Owner
06-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Best Buy, Babbages, or Funcoland.

Ninja Scroll
06-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
Best Buy, Babbages, or Funcoland.

Doesnt Funcoland charge more for regular games than everyone else,.. kinda like KB Toys tries to do. Trying to be sneaky about it.
Like say if Hunter is MSRP of $49.99 but Funco & KB's will try to get you for $54.99!
I know Software/Babbages used to try this B.S. but have stopped in recent memories.
Nice try cheap skates.:rolleyes:

Scarlet Spider
06-08-2002, 02:08 PM
i have a software ect. over here, and they want 55 bucks for marrowind!!

E-Xbox
06-09-2002, 05:39 PM
i have a software ect. over here, and they want 55 bucks for marrowind!! its morrowind man..
not marrowind..
lol

peace

ShannonX
06-09-2002, 07:36 PM
i got my xbox and first 2 games at best buy where i worked, got some good discounts on the games, but not hardware (sold at cost)... now i usually buy my games at ebgames.com i'm to lazy to go buy them in a store =)

monkeyman
06-09-2002, 07:50 PM
i got my xbox at k mart and i get my games wherever theres a sale and just where im close to at the time

Plewis
06-09-2002, 07:57 PM
i got my xbox from circuit city
I get my games from best buy and wal-mart

Young_Fledgling
06-09-2002, 09:25 PM
xbox at toys r us

halo at compucentre i think

wwf raw at eb

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
i got my xbox from circuit city
I get my games from best buy and wal-mart

D@mn, I should have made this into a poll. It looks like Best Buy & Circuit City are leading the way big time.... not that it's surprising.

Looks so far that the Wal-Mart's, Tagets, & K-Marts are coming in 3rd, 4th, & 5th respectively.

I just bought my KiddyCube over da weekend over at Best Buy along with RE & a memory card.
I was honestly not excited at all when I hooked this thing up over the weekend.... then again, I got it just for Wrestlemania X8. Which btw I ordered over at EB about an hour ago!:)

Ninja cant wait to see da infamous: SPINAROONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 03:34 PM

D@mn, I should have made this into a poll. It looks like Best Buy & Circuit City are leading the way big time.... not that it's surprising.

Looks so far that the Wal-Mart's, Tagets, & K-Marts are coming in 3rd, 4th, & 5th respectively.

I just bought my KiddyCube over da weekend over at Best Buy along with RE & a memory card.
I was honestly not excited at all when I hooked this thing up over the weekend.... then again, I got it just for Wrestlemania X8. Which btw I ordered over at EB about an hour ago!:)

Ninja cant wait to see da infamous: SPINAROONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did u get a purple or black cube?!
cuz black is the only way to go!

peace

Ninja Scroll
06-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

did u get a purple or black cube?!
cuz black is the only way to go!

peace

Come on now E-Xbox, you should know your Hero better than that yo! Ninja owns da Jet Black GC!:cool:

E-Xbox
06-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Come on now E-Xbox, you should know your Hero better than that yo! Ninja owns da Jet Black GC!:cool:
whos whos hero?
oh yea..im your hero...
and i thought i knew u.
then u bought a g@ycube
hehe

peace