u must go here!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/361/361526p1.html

its an xbox live faq

here is some info

When will Xbox Live be available?

Originally scheduled for the Summer of 2002, Xbox Live is now expected to launch in Fall of 2002. A more precise date is hard to come by, but conventional wisdom points to a September release since NFL Fever 2003, one of the first Xbox Live compatible games, is scheduled to release in time for the kickoff of the NFL's 2002 season.

How much will Xbox Live cost?

For $49.99 gamers will receive the Xbox Live Starter Kit. The Starter Kit includes 12 months of Xbox Live service (NOT broadband service), a Voice Communicator Headset and a starter disc. This disc will allow users to register for the service through their Xboxes and will come with at least one demo/minigame (Acclaim's Re-Volt is the early favorite) that users will be able to play online. This disc will also contain the software that will unlock all of the, to this point, dormant online gaming capabilities of the Xbox.

Pricing plans beyond the $49.99 for 12 months hasn't been revealed yet by Microsoft. The company is comfortable with a 9.95/month value for the service, but this hasn't been translated into any long term pricing.

What is the disc in the Starter Kit going to give me?

In essence the starter disc is going to unlock all of the online gaming potential of your Xbox. In a strange way, connecting consoles to actually play games online is actually one of the easier things to do, as evidenced by the Sega Dreamcast. It's the handful of features that have sprung up around connecting gamers that make Xbox Live unique.

Single User Identity - The user ID you create for your Xbox Live is the ultimate tracking, security and gaming key for the system. It will identify you and to some extent your Xbox to the Xbox Live system and grant you access to any and all games, services and future services that Microsoft might come up with. Basic applications for the user ID will be stat tracking and gaming profiles where you favorite character or car is automatically selected when you load up a game. The gaming profile will also be used to pit similarly skilled players against each other, but more on that later.

This username and ID are permanent but there's still the potential for specific in-game "handles" and nicknames if a company makes a game that supports it. You can sign up for another user ID but that means opening another Xbox Live account to go with it. If you have four Xbox gamers in the house and they each want their own XBL ID then somebody is going to have to spend that $49.99 for each of them.

Buddy Tracking - A type of "Buddy List" will allow players to keep track of friends that they've identified whenever any of them are online. The most practical application, as it is with most instant messaging services, is to send invites to your buddies to join you in whatever game you're playing and vice versa. You will have to swap discs to go from, say Midtown Madness 3 to Unreal Championship. Game developers will determine how the invites across different games are presented. Microsoft has mentioned such wild ideas as TV timeout being called during a football game so that an invite from a buddy might be presented without breaking his/her concentration during a play

Content Downloads - Microsoft may have just missed doing it in the 20th century but it's through Xbox Live that we'll finally have downloadable, interactive content through a set-top box. That's what those 50,000 blocks of hard drive space will be used for, even though Microsoft has announced no specific plans for the first downloadable pieces of content. Roster updates for sports games, fresh outfits and brand new sponsored racetracks, skateparks or even stadiums are all bright ideas that we could see soon thanks to Xbox Live. The key here is that Microsoft will host the downloadable content at no charge to the game publishers. This means that companies like EA or Ubi Soft, freed from the burden of bandwidth costs might compelled to offer new content for cheap and/or free. Episodic content and uploadable content from Xbox users are also possibilities where the logistics simply have to be worked out

go to the site for more info!

peace

chili325
06-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Thanx for the post. Most of it isnt new but I still like to read about it.

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 02:27 PM
i didnt wanna make that too big..
so here are some pics

Logo thing
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/ilm-xboxlive-0001.jpg

where the ethernet connection goes

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/backofxboxlive.jpg

voice communicator things..

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/voicecomm.jpg

communicator and S controller

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/contcomm.jpg

List of games at launch

Unreal Championship
Midtown Madness 3
NFL Fever 2003
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2
Whacked!
MechAssault

List of games coming soon after launch

ToeJam & Earl 3: All Funked Up
Ghost Recon
Shayde: Monsters vs. Humans
NFL 2K3
Rayman Arena
Armada 2
NCAA College Basketball 2K3
Rainbow Six: Ravens Shield
Tetris Worlds
Timesplitters 2
Lamborghini
MX Superfly
XIII
NBA 2K3
Counter-Strike
Star Wars Galaxies
Amped Xbox Live
Halo Xbox Live
Rallisport Challenge Xbox Live
Project Gotham Racing Xbox Live

PEACE!

Plewis
06-06-2002, 02:40 PM
very cool... i thought phantasy star online wasnt gonna be out for another year or so... thats really cool. Im gonna get it. i cant wait for xbox live... the logo looks stupid though... hopefully thats not the final one

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
very cool... i thought phantasy star online wasnt gonna be out for another year or so... thats really cool. Im gonna get it. i cant wait for xbox live... the logo looks stupid though... hopefully thats not the final one
lol!
im pretty sure it is..
if u read the article at the site..
it talked bout the logo..and how it will be on the back of the xbox games or something with the live part written in that red and yellow

peace

DrUnKtAnK
06-06-2002, 03:18 PM
man XBL is going to kick some major asssssssssssssssss:eek:

Shorezy
06-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Kick a$$ post E-Xbox.... I AM SO PUMPED ON THIS XBOX LIVE! I donno if i can wait. The voice communicater in the controller, ALL the games! Man! This is gunna be insane! As xbox.com said, "This is the best time to be a Xbox gamer."

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
Kick a$$ post E-Xbox.... I AM SO PUMPED ON THIS XBOX LIVE! I donno if i can wait. The voice communicater in the controller, ALL the games! Man! This is gunna be insane! As xbox.com said, "This is the best time to be a Xbox gamer."

thanks dude
btw ..u can say ass and it wont get ***
hehe...
and i cant wait either!
its gonna be sick!

peace

E-Xbox
06-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
I thought the title of this thread said something else....:confused:

:D

Kickass post, E!

lol!
np..
btw..what u think it said?
hehe

peace

Frostberg
06-06-2002, 08:07 PM
If you didnt have a reason to buy an Xbox before this, I think you are now in heaven! This will really beef up sales numbers dramatically, and I'm sure XBA will have MANY more members

X-Ray
06-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Nice find, not new, but cool nevertheless. PS the "q" in "faq" looks a lot like a "g" when it's undlined in tthe post title. LoL!

E-Xbox
06-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray
Nice find, not new, but cool nevertheless. PS the "q" in "faq" looks a lot like a "g" when it's undlined in tthe post title. LoL!
lol

xbox live ***!!!

lmao!!

peace

X-Ray
06-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

lol

xbox live ***!!!

lmao!!

peace

I think its giggle worth but...

...Man! I will never understand Canadian humor! :lol:

E-Xbox
06-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

I think its giggle worth but...

...Man! I will never understand Canadian humor! :lol:

who u callin canadian?!
lol
its not like i was born in canada..
hehe

peace

Frostberg
06-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

who u callin canadian?!
lol
its not like i was born in canada..
hehe

peace
SHANANAGANS!
What kind of Official XBA Canadian are you!?!

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

SHANANAGANS!
What kind of Official XBA Canadian are you!?!

umm..the one and only!
lol

peace

canadianboi3
08-12-2002, 01:04 AM
part 1:it said amped online on the list of future games...now wil this be a new like cheap 15 dollar expansion or will there be xbl downloads to enable it....and 2: CANADA IS THE BEST DAMN COUNTRY IN THE WORLD peace

Bakeman
08-12-2002, 01:15 AM
UMMMM Shouldn't they update that list.

Isn't NFL 2k3 gonna be out in a just a few days?!!?!?!?!

It has NFL 2k3 listed for AFTER XBL Launch....

Casper
08-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman
UMMMM Shouldn't they update that list.

Isn't NFL 2k3 gonna be out in a just a few days?!!?!?!?!

It has NFL 2k3 listed for AFTER XBL Launch....

Hey rookies, look at the date of this thread...this was back in June, when they had just announced XBL to the general public...that's what it hasn't been updated. Go to XBox.com to find out all of the new updates :)

cityson
08-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
part 1:it said amped online on the list of future games...now wil this be a new like cheap 15 dollar expansion or will there be xbl downloads to enable it....and 2: CANADA IS THE BEST DAMN COUNTRY IN THE WORLD peace

Canadians invented zippers.....Without that, your Pe*nises will stick out from your jeans....

Alien
08-12-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by cityson

Canadians invented zippers.....Without that, your Pe*nises will stick out from your jeans.... Not if we had buttons, velcro, or even no zippers, just a solid piece of fabric on the front of our pants...

:)

symposiumx
08-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by cityson

Canadians invented zippers.....Without that, your Pe*nises will stick out from your jeans....

Mine usually sticks out from my jeans anyway, what's your point? ;)

Alfa
08-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Wow...thanks!