PDA

View Full Version : Sony Caught Lying!!!!

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-06-2002, 03:04 PM
One of the biggest surprises at Sony's pre-E3 conference was when the hotly awaited Soul Calibur 2 appeared in a list of bullet points of games exclusive to the PlayStation 2 in 2002. Speculation afterward covered a number of possibilities, from the game being a PS2 exclusive only during the year 2002 with 2003 releases on other systems to secret Namco plans no one knew about.

After speaking with Namco representatives, we've learned that all of these scenarios are false and that the correct explanation is the simplest one: Sony goofed. Soul Calibur 2 is still scheduled for a simultaneous release on Xbox, GameCube, and PS2. But it won't be this year--Namco reps say not to expect the game until 2003.

As to just what Sony was trying to say during their presentation, odds are they had Soul Calibur 2 confused with that other Namco 3D fighter. Tekken 4 is indeed exclusive to PS2 and is also coming out this year. So, mystery solved. (More or less.)

Casper
06-06-2002, 03:15 PM
And where did you get this from?

PROUDXBOXOWNER
06-06-2002, 03:19 PM
gamers.com

spliffdUP
06-06-2002, 03:23 PM
This is pretty old news, I think everyone heard about this when E3 was still going on.

Xbox Owner
06-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I think I read this..but its still cool

Spaztic
06-06-2002, 04:34 PM
this is the post from E3's past. I already heard this aloooooooong time ago. But thanks for reiterating for us that forgot! :p

l Maximus l
06-06-2002, 05:28 PM
lol!! They call that an excuse? Now, how in the hell can someone compare Soul Caliber with Tekken? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Simply put, they lied to try and "Woo" people! lol :D

By the way, I played Soul Caliber on Dreamcast recently and the game is utterly bad ass! I am really looking forward to Soul Caliber 2 on the box! :)

faceoff508
06-06-2002, 05:37 PM
I alreadu knew this!!

Spaztic
06-06-2002, 05:41 PM
By the way, I played Soul Caliber on Dreamcast recently and the game is utterly bad ass! I am really looking forward to Soul Caliber 2 on the box!

I know this as well! :D

E-Xbox
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
lol!! They call that an excuse? Now, how in the hell can someone compare Soul Caliber with Tekken? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Simply put, they lied to try and "Woo" people! lol :D

By the way, I played Soul Caliber on Dreamcast recently and the game is utterly bad ass! I am really looking forward to Soul Caliber 2 on the box! :)
i know!
tekken and soul calibur and two completely different levels!!

peace

RadRider
06-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Sony, Microsoft, and especially Nintendo, always lie about stuff. This is also a rather small, little, white lie. No biggie. Fighters suck anyway, so who cares?

yall
06-07-2002, 02:59 PM
This is sort of related. gamers.com has their top 10 picks of E3 on their main page, and they list soul caliber 2 as a PS2 game. (next to all of the top ten games they have what system it will be on). They mention way down at the bottom that it will also come to the other consoles. So why list it as a PS2 and not 'ALL'? Because gamers.com is another website full of fanboys. You can look at their list of top 10 trailers as well, and they list ricky carmichale mx as a ps2 game even though its on the xbox as well. they should rename to lamers.com.

y2kash_14
06-07-2002, 06:58 PM
i didn't even know Sony said it would be PS2 exclusive, i read Soul Calibur 2 was multi-platform in a March issue of a Magazine