PDA

View Full Version : When has your XBOX frozen on you?

wweomaniac
06-06-2002, 06:11 PM
I was reading the thread made by lmpbzktnkorn23, and I was wondering if anyone else's xbox has frozen on them.

Mine has frozen ONCE while Playing OBI WAN.

Maybe we can spot a pattern and notice some games (or DVDs) that tend to freeze.

name the game that froze YOUR xbox

GokuX
06-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Mine froze the 2nd day I got it when we were playing DOA3. Then it just froze like two weeks ago when we were playing Rallisport. I dunno why, since we played alot longer the following night with no probs. I took a guess that it might be the DVD kit being plugged in. I read a post a while back, someone was saying bond was locking up on him and EA told him, or he read it somewhere, that all extranious peripherals and 3rd party controllers should be unplugged while playing. Not sure if there's anything to it, but I've had the DVD kit plugged in both times it crashed. I'm leaving unplugged when I'm just playing games to see if it will crash again. So far so good. Of course if someone doesn't have a DVD kit and their X is still crashing, then that pretty much flushes my guess down the drain.

**EDIT**
Just read the other thread, never had it crash during a movie. Oh well there goes my theory out the window.

dave_m123
06-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Mine has frozen just once. was playing azurik when through a pipe into another area. the screen went black and came up with the loading animation and it just stuck. i had to turn it of but it was fine the time after

Duke
06-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Once when playing Max Payne, I had hit some button when the level was loading. I'm pretty sure it was when you jump down through the skylight on the boxes and past the moving lasers.

Twice while playing AUF. Both times after passing the first driving level.

Have always had the playback kit plugged in, and never during a movie.

Snoopy7548
06-06-2002, 06:50 PM
mine froze while playing project gotham. and it always freezes at this one spot, its in the time attack mode. in the big ben level, and when i pick the ferrari f355, and when i cross the finish line after my first lap, it ALWAYS freezes

FlyBoy
06-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Mine froze in one of the movies on Max Payne... I don't remember what part, just that I was on top of a building (I got rid of that game a long time ago). It also happened once during a movie when playing 007: AUF... it was when the car jumps over the bridge or something and through a glass roof.

wweomaniac
06-06-2002, 07:53 PM
so 2 pgrs and 2 aufs...

i know its never frozen on me when playing pgr. but ive never played auf

faceoff508
06-06-2002, 08:11 PM
NEVER!!

MAYBE I AM JUST LUCCKY!

E-Vader
06-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Locked up once in Blood Omen II just after I defeated Magnus when I walked onto the checkpoint (I was very anoyed 'cause I had to go back and fight him again)

ScorpionX
06-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Never, but sometimes my Xbox fails to detect Halo and this message comes up saying it doesn't read the disk that is in there...:rolleyes:

JimmieDoogan
06-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Games that have frozen on my Xbox
Nightcaster, DOA3 and New Legends.

Games that have frozen on my PS2
GTA3, Many a demo disc, Drakkan II

Games that have frozen on my N64
Goldeneye, San Fransico Rush

Games that have frozen on my Dreamcast
Soul Calibur, NHL 2k, NHL2k2, Shenmue

Games that have frozen on my SNES
Super Metroid, Phantom 2040

Games that Have frozen on my Computer
Every single one I've played at one time or another.

All game systems freeze at one time or another, DOA3 because we'd been playing it for about 7 hours straigt (my friends and I battle with the tournaments). New Legends and Nightcaster were due to poor programing though..... smeggin games anyway......:) :D

GRAVEDIGGER
06-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Good question, now that i think of it, my XBOX has only frozen once while playing OXM Demo disc #2. And thats the only time it has done this.

Untill next time...:mad:

Xbox Owner
06-06-2002, 09:45 PM
1 time in wsb..and it made a wierd humming sound..

several times in madden:o

an0nym0u5
06-07-2002, 01:25 AM
many times while playing online...

X-Factor
06-07-2002, 02:31 AM
Agent Under Fire froze on me in multiplayer once (that is the only time I can remember my Xbox freezing up on me).

Perfect Dark (N64) use to freeze on me everytime I played multiplayer...:(

Hermes
06-07-2002, 04:53 AM
Just to add my two cents. I can honestly say that my Xbox has never frozen on a game, dvd or demo disk. I have had it since December and it has always had the dvd playback kit in the 4th controller slot. Are you guys setting your Xbox on carpet or something? Are you touching the disks? The couple of times my Xbox has said invalid media, I ejected the disk and wipped off the tiny smudge that I had inadvertantly left on the outside edge of the disk.

noodleboy
06-07-2002, 06:35 AM
Once on the 1st demo disk with Tony Hawk 2

and

Once while watching a DVD, can't remember wich movie it was. It was from Blockbuster with one of those black pieces of tape on the disk, so I blamed it on that. But it looks like it's just a glitch everyone experiences.

wweomaniac
06-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Hermes
Just to add my two cents. I can honestly say that my Xbox has never frozen on a game, dvd or demo disk. I have had it since December and it has always had the dvd playback kit in the 4th controller slot. Are you guys setting your Xbox on carpet or something? Are you touching the disks? The couple of times my Xbox has said invalid media, I ejected the disk and wipped off the tiny smudge that I had inadvertantly left on the outside edge of the disk.
Nope not touching carpet or hidden behind something. The space around it is all empty allowing circulation easily.

But Agent Under Fire seems to freeze a lot.

tennyson
06-07-2002, 10:15 AM
It wasn't really a lock up, but during Blood Omen II the buttons on the controller were all doing different things, plus Kain was doing things even if I didn't make him do the action. Not sure if that counts...

JohnB
06-07-2002, 10:30 AM
My Xbox has never frozen on me. The first one I had for 2 days did; 50% of the time it would freeze up at the logo when you turn it on . I got it from where I work, and I had it in layaway for a while. My friend who worked in layaway said he dropped it and threw it around; that's why it froze. I didn't know whether to believe him or not cause he jokes all the time. So I exchanged it, and this one has had no problems.

Alien
06-07-2002, 10:41 AM
I've never had any problems with my Xbox. No freezing, or anything. I did get a "Unclean Disc" or whatever error message, but I took it out, whiped it a little, and it was fine.

Hugh_Jass
06-07-2002, 11:26 AM
I've never had any problems with my XBOX. I've never seen a dirty disc error or had freezing problems.

Scarlet Spider
06-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Never, but sometimes my Xbox fails to detect Halo and this message comes up saying it doesn't read the disk that is in there...:rolleyes:
that happens to me to but only on halo, so it might be a glitch in the game.
my xobx froze once, but that was after at least 24 hours strait use. if you want to know why my xbox was on for 24 hours strait, pm me ill tell you:)

Nerrad529
06-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Mine froze playing max payne. I've seen that up there a couple of times so that game is cursed. It was aggrovating cause it didn't save the board I was playing.

thorpe420
06-08-2002, 01:11 AM
Mine froze once when was rallysport challange, once playing a demo too

SpartanSniper
06-08-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
NEVER!!

MAYBE I AM JUST LUCCKY!

Same here.......My Xbox has never frozen!!!!

~ SpartanSniper

Cameronbic
06-08-2002, 02:53 PM
My XBOX has only locked up in Hunter. As soon as I beat carpenter, I got the BSOD and it just never loaded teh cut scene for the guy running into the other room.:(

Crazy Joe
06-08-2002, 03:29 PM
mine has never froze and mine has never been off of the carpet, it has been in the G-Pak for the last 2 months probably.

wweomaniac
06-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Morrowind for everyone!

xboxmaster2002
06-30-2002, 11:33 PM
happened im morrowind once but thats the only time i know of ...maybe its the disc

Sargent_Ryan
06-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Mine froze playing world series baseball. It was a pitching change I think I was bringing in botallico. I think it happened that tiem because I tried making it go faster and pressed a button. I was ****ed because I had a 2 hr game with someone on my team.

AmpedRider
07-02-2002, 10:08 AM
froze when i was playin morrowind while i was trying to use the repair prongs lol.