PDA

View Full Version : Got Morrowind!

Mercury
06-07-2002, 05:55 AM
This game is so sweet. It's old school rpg and it's the best out there. There is so much you can do. The graphics for a game this size is fantastic. I can't stop playing this game. I'm not dissappointed at all.

JJaX
06-07-2002, 08:19 AM
i got mine yesterday too.

Put it this way, I started around 3:00 and played until midnight.
Now while im sitting here at work im plotting on going to some town a robbing someone for some nice armor! Im tired of rolling around in my extravagant robe.

This game ownz me.......

Xtopia
06-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Mercury
This game is so sweet. It's old school rpg and it's the best out there. There is so much you can do. The graphics for a game this size is fantastic. I can't stop playing this game. I'm not dissappointed at all.

Good to hear, mine should arrive today.

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Im not sure if I want this game even though im feenin for a RPG for my Xbox.
How is the fighting system. Is it old school (FF), real time (PSO), or the Grandia II type joint,...which is the best ever in RPG's.
Which is it fellas?:)

JJaX
06-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Im not sure if I want this game even though im feenin for a RPG for my Xbox.
How is the fighting system. Is it old school (FF), real time (PSO), or the Grandia II type joint,...which is the best ever in RPG's.
Which is it fellas?:)

Real time, But you start out like a scrub so killing stuff is hard at first. Im at level 2 now and i can bust up merchants and mine workers now :D

Duke
06-07-2002, 12:22 PM
How about old ladies? They put up much of a fight?

JJaX
06-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
How about old ladies? They put up much of a fight?

Havent ran into any old ladies yet, but i did bust up this elf mechant and robbed his store :)

Nato King
06-07-2002, 12:31 PM
I should be getting Morrowind bye the end of today or early next week because right now hunter is taken up all my time on the xbox my family are starting to worry about me but I will get Morrowind in do time.:)

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I should be getting Morrowind bye the end of today or early next week because right now hunter is taken up all my time on the xbox my family are starting to worry about me but I will get Morrowind in do time.:)

I feel ya Seg_ W, Hunter took up all of 2 days of my time and is collecting mad crazy pimpin "dust" right about now bro!:D

Ninja Scroll
06-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Real time, But you start out like a scrub so killing stuff is hard at first. Im at level 2 now and i can bust up merchants and mine workers now :D

Yo slim, how deep is da create a jabroni?

You think I could make a Ninja Jubei type pimp?

JJaX
06-07-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo slim, how deep is da create a jabroni?

You think I could make a Ninja Jubei type pimp?

You pick your race and like 10 abilitys(5 major/5 minor) and a birth sign.

If you wanna looked pimped out like JJaX you gotta shop around or rob someone ;)

I was rollin around in a pimped out extravagant robe for a while. Whos your daddy?

studepaber
06-07-2002, 01:13 PM
I just got this game on my lunch break and was able to play it for about an hour, quite fun indeed, but I was getting my arse kicked as a Dark Elf mage. I finally decided to go back to work so I decided to go on a rampage and pester some guards, although they caught up and pummelled me :( Awesome game thus far though, good graphics and overwhelming sense of openendedness.

JJaX
06-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
I just got this game on my lunch break and was able to play it for about an hour, quite fun indeed, but I was getting my arse kicked as a Dark Elf mage. I finally decided to go back to work so I decided to go on a rampage and pester some guards, although they caught up and pummelled me :( Awesome game thus far though, good graphics and overwhelming sense of openendedness.

If your going to be a mage you are better off with the High Elf not the dark elf. Dark elves are better suited to be fighters.

studepaber
06-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks JJax....this character was sort of a BS one to get my feet wet, I may experiment with an assassin next, although if I choose to be a mage of the elvish nature I'll make sure to be a high elf instead.

xbaaddict
06-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Yeah i got mine yesterday about 9:00pm and i played it untill 8:45am im now level 2...im on this part were this guy told me to pay him or he would kill me...so i paid him and it turns out for the best...i end up writing in my journal something like this...We were robbed yesterday by this panzy ass rouge, i heard he may be staying at Pelagiad. How bought you's and me's pay him a little visit tommorow....mabe we can get our money back. This game is the shiot man i already got kicked out of the hlaull or whatever for killing and robbing to much, they even have a price on my head now about 1,500 gold which is quite a bit in this game guys. When i go up to people they say stuff like. (my name is Shadow in this game) "I know you, your shadow the notorius outlaw. Please don't hurt me i'm scared and i can't think when im scared. The frame rate is a little slow but it doesn't bother me one bit...it's not bad or n e thing guys just if your go in circles on the first person view real fast you may feel a slight tense in your stomach then throw up :). But hell i can't complain with an awsome game like this. I play a thief and yea he is pretty good i would have to say for a level 2. Well i got 5 hours of sleep in me and drinking some coffe now. all i have to do now is kick my dad of the xbox!

Nerrad529
06-07-2002, 01:26 PM
What's the setup like. Does it keep experience points and magic. Do you buy armor and stuff like that? Help me out might buy this game this weekend.

xbaaddict
06-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Nerrad529
What's the setup like. Does it keep experience points and magic. Do you buy armor and stuff like that? Help me out might buy this game this weekend.

Yea you can buy light, medium, or heavy armor for all parts of the body. Yea you can buy magic and scrolls and stuff like that. And yes again it keeps experience points.

Nerrad529
06-07-2002, 01:33 PM
It's my type of game then thanks for the info! Nerrad529

Kooster
06-07-2002, 01:35 PM
I am a redguard/agent and i want to join the morang tong, but i cant find the leader anywhere?!?! I have some very nice armor and clothes that i stole, hid in a barrel, went to jail, got back out of the barrel, and now have and no one knos i stole them! So where is the marang tong's leader, i know hes somewhere in the arena building, but where?

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
I am a redguard/agent and i want to join the morang tong, but i cant find the leader anywhere?!?! I have some very nice armor and clothes that i stole, hid in a barrel, went to jail, got back out of the barrel, and now have and no one knos i stole them! So where is the marang tong's leader, i know hes somewhere in the arena building, but where?

Have you found the "Fighters Quarters" or "Fighters Training" in the Arena Waistworks???

dave_m123
06-07-2002, 01:48 PM
LOL u stole some stuff and hid it in a barrel and got it back when u were released from jail? How cool is that. I assume they take stuff of you when they throw you in jail? If so that was a good idea.

JJaX
06-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

Have you found the "Fighters Quarters" or "Fighters Training" in the Arena Waistworks???

I know theres a fighters guild in the city of Balmora. Thats where i got started with some training and 'orders' from this chick

Kooster
06-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Ive heard of the fighters guild, but i wanna be in the Morang Tong. And yes, when they put u in jail, u dont keep ur stolen goods. but if u hide them in a barrel and get them when ur released, they become urs.

jschelm
06-07-2002, 02:21 PM
You guys are killing me...Mine won't be here til probably Monday! UGH!!! Oh well, I guess I can spend the weekend cleaning or working on my car instead.

silvertrace
06-07-2002, 02:30 PM
YO, this game is da jam..............FLAT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am a wood elf assassin who can go invisible for 60 seconds at a time:cool:

i joined the "Blades" and i am pimped out in some hella gear

i found the dead tax guy and stole his clothes and the tax money he collected, then i told everyone i found him, but he didn't have any money on him:eek:

i rob, kill, train, & FREED SOME SLAVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morrowind is a console seller, w/o a doubt;)

RadRider
06-07-2002, 02:34 PM
by xbaaddict
they even have a price on my head now about 1,500 gold which is quite a bit in this game guys
You're kidding, right? I've got over 215,000 gold in this game. Then again, I do kick ass.

DZNUTZ
06-07-2002, 02:38 PM
glad to hear this game seems to deliver what was promised. i'll admit i was amongst some that thought they blew money on their pre-order for a game that was gonna be bug ridden. now all i have to do is wait for delivery!!!

Shorezy
06-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Sweet! I should be gettin mine soon too!

Spaztic
06-07-2002, 05:25 PM

WHAT! you can steal stuff and hide it in a barrel

*runs outside*
*jumps into barrel*
*jumps out with cash*
*runs to store to buy game*

JimmieDoogan
06-07-2002, 05:50 PM
So you can be put in jail.... Can you kill the cops and avoid that? I hope so. BTW I probably won't have my copy til monday and only the END OF THE WORLD or A MAJOR SHORTAGE OF COPIES can keep me from owning this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I a so jelious of you'se guyses!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could play that right smeekin NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyman
06-07-2002, 06:56 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH IM GOING CRAZY WAITING FOR THIS GAMEEEEEEEEEE hopfully i will be getting it tommorow anyways i have some questions

ok im gonna be thievin this whole game so what kinda armor and weapons should i get?

and also which guy is a good thief??
please say dark elf even though those are more warrior types

Xtopia
06-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Well, my game came, but my older bro is playing. He always gets to play first!:( I have 2 more hours till I can play! It is killing me!

monkeyman
06-07-2002, 08:18 PM
ok i have a question whats up with the skills? you have to pick those things at the beggining right well what are their purpose

Carnage
06-07-2002, 11:11 PM
My preordered copy hasnt come in yet either. I talked to the guy at the store today, and he said itll be here monday/tuesday. These next 2 days will the longest of my life :)