PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind after 6 hours.

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 08:15 AM
These comments were also posted in the official thread:

Well, is Morrowind any good?? I started playing at 9:00 pm, when i finally saved and called it a night it was 3:00 AM.........DOUGHHHHHHH!

This is the classic type RPG, a little heavy on the reading in the begining, but thats fine. Your charecter type is developed in a very impressive mannor, I recomend customizing your charecter attributes rather than having the game determine them.

The controls are very nicelly laid out, had no problem with them, my only change was to the axis configuration, but thats just what i'm used to. You will need to work on the combat controls, difficult to judge if your doing any damage at times.

The Magic & Spell system is supper easy to figure out and implement. Thank God. Although certain Magic attributes will only work once in a 24 hour period, found that out the hard way.

Graphically the game is pretty inpressive considering all thats going on, the frame rate does hickup a little, but it won't bother you after a little while, load times are pretty fast, the towns and real time effects are fantastic. Water, sky, clouds, buildings, ect...

There is a main quest in the game, but if you spend enough time talking to different people many "MINI" quests reveal themselves, from simple "Keep an eye on this guy for me" to stumbling onto a band of thieves hiding out, who will take your life...First time i died.

If your not a RPG fan and think of getting this game because of the hoopla, you may be dissapointed. This is very classic RPG with a technological boost. RPG fans will get lost in the environments for hours and enjoy the many twists and turns you can fall into.

I highly recomend picking up the guide book, more details on how, what and why concerning weapons, spells, your charecter etc...much better than the game booklet. Also has great maps of the island and it's differnt areas.

My other word of advice, play to your charecters strengths, the more you do so the quicker you level up, which seems to be imperitive in order to "unlock" certain items and areas.

All in all, i got lost in this game for hours, it was very "real" in the sence that you become your charecter, there is a fine line between honesty and survival, choose your friends well, and experiment with your items, some foods and remedies may not work on your charecter, this game is not one to rush to the finish with, seek and ye shall find, and there is a ton of seeking to do.

Very happy with it, i know where alot of my time will be spent, not dissapointed at all.

If you don't want to buy a guide and would like infoo on charecter building etc...give me a shout, i'll be more than happy to help.

VAN
06-07-2002, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by highlite23
[B]These comments were also posted in the official thread:

Uhh....and why did you feel the need to double post?

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Uhhhh.....I didn't think it was that big a deal???:rolleyes:

MOrgE
06-07-2002, 09:38 AM
thanks for the little mini-review...

i plan on getting this game REAL soon...
counting down the days!! :)

Kooster
06-07-2002, 01:29 PM
I wanna join the marang tong but i cant find them anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657

I asked in your other post:

Did you find the Fighters Quarters or Fighters Trainging rooms in the Arena Waistworks???

Kooster
06-07-2002, 02:13 PM
oops, i didnt think this posted. yes i found them.

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657

Morag Tong Guildhall: Located on the large islad on the East coast, Sadrtith Mora.

"The Headquarters inVivec may be hidden , but the branch guilds hang out a shingle. You can get a writ quests (Assasinations) here from Dunsalipal Dun-Ahhe. And you'll have to get the ring Black Jinx from Alven Salas in a Telvanni Quest."

Hope this helps a little, it's the only other info i could find on Morag Tong.

Frostberg
06-08-2002, 11:34 PM
How do I quit a guild (thieves guild)?

Is the book really worth the $20? Is it in color?

Highlite23
06-09-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
How do I quit a guild (thieves guild)?

Is the book really worth the $20? Is it in color?

Frost, it's not in color & i got it for $14.00 at Game Stop.

I think it's worth it...Great maps, Potion tables(What with what will do ....you know.)

What combination of skills work well together if you want a certain type of charecter.

I love RPG's but sometimes you find yourself walking around aimlessly, so i like guides for that reason, not to walk me through the game.

Spaztic
06-10-2002, 10:50 AM
why buy the books? isn't that defeating the purpose you got the game for its open endness!:rolleyes:

Frostberg
06-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Because of the in depth character descriptions, maps, how to use all the skills, what they are good for...and in case I have no clue what to do and dont get angry at Morrowind...