PDA

View Full Version : Do I buy the Xbox?

Gothic Sponge
06-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Hello!

I'm thinking of buying a gaming system. I was one of the "lucky" people that bought a new Dreamcast six months before they discontinued them. (grrr!) I don't want to get burned again.

The PS2 has the most titles, and a firm place in the gaming market. I don't think they will be going away anytime soon, but the system is not up to the Xbox.

I'm not really into many of the Nintendo GameCube's titles.

There may not be as many titles for the Xbox, but the few games I did demo I really liked. The problem is i'm once again taking a gamble. I don't want to buy and find out a few months later Microsoft is discontinuing it.

I know this is an Xbox forum and everyone is going to say buy it, but i'm just looking for any input.

Thanks!

Snake Eyez
06-07-2002, 10:33 AM
With Microsoft backing the X-Box, I don't think that it will go out of business any time soon. Talks are already about an X-Box2 and sequels to games like HALO. I have one and love it. Also since the online gameplay is coming this summer, sales should only go up. I would get one just to experience what we go through every day.

Alien
06-07-2002, 10:39 AM
You should get it. They lowered the price, so it's not quite so expensive. It's an awesome gaming machine.

CodeMonkey
06-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Well in my opinion I would go for an Xbox. They do have a great line up of games coming out, so if u want check them out have a look at the list. I don’t think Microsoft will let it fail and now they have dropped their price it’s doing very well even in Japan. Also when Xboxlive comes out it will revolutionise gaming. With such features as the voice communicator, where u can manipulate your voice to sound like a character from the game, being able to play people from all over the world etc. Again if u don’t know about this then read up on it.

For value for money I personally believe the Xbox comes out on top, with all the added features banged in there, such as dvd, hard disk, broadband etc. (being able to rip music to your hard drive an listen to it while playing a game is cool)

So it comes down to your personal choice. I.e. what type of games u want etc

Bruteforce
Strident
Halo
Project ego
Hunter the reckoning
Bruce lee
Deathrow
Duality

ETC

Hope this help
:D

Casper
06-07-2002, 10:46 AM
First things first Gothic, welcome to XBA, my fav site on the net :)

Everyone on here is very cool and this site is FULL of information :eek:

I bought mine back in December, after not having a next-gen console, just PS1 and the old school Nintendo :rolleyes: . I advise checking out some forums around here about XBox Live and some of the E3 reviews of the new games that are coming out for this year.

As for the present, there are many games that will get you by for this summer: Halo, Project Gotham, DOA3, Hunter, Morrowind, World Series Baseball....and much, much more :p

I just pre-ordered Outlaw Golf and can't wait til that comes in next week. I already have about 25 games, but will chill out for the summer and work on my tan, everyone needs to get out once in awhile.

Your pretty lucky to be able to jump in when you did. The price is right and there is all kinds of deals on great games on the net and in stores.

Stick with the Box man!! With Microsoft, you can't go wrong, that is, unless your a Sony lover, and I take it that your not, or else you wouldn't of found your way here.

Well that's it from me. I know the other boys will be psyching you up too, especially the official XBA icon, my boy Ninja.....keep posting on here kid! You'll like who's in here (most of the time)

Peace :) and again...welcome to the XBA ;)

MOrgE
06-07-2002, 11:17 AM
welcome to the board Gothic...

ummmm.... the only reason the PS2 has a lead on the XBOX is because it was released a year earlier then the XBOX. Thus, it has more games and thus it has more popularity...

if you read between the lines and look at the cold-hard facts of both consoles, you'll see that the XboX is definetely the better system. First off, its hardware is much stronger then that of the PS2's. Secondly, the XboX "Live" is coming out this September and by the looks of it, has the PS2 online gaming beat by a mile. In case ya didn't hear, PS2 is already having trouble with its Final Fantasy Online which was released not that long ago... Thirdly, Microsoft has the power and the money to push the XboX as far as it needs to go to beat the PS2...

I truly believe that there is no way that the XboX can catch up to the PS2 right now... but once PS3 and Xbox2 are released, the tables WILL turn and Microsoft will rule the console market.

TEA
06-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Go for the Box but that's something natural most people would say at this site.But I own all systems,(GC my brother owns sold it to him;) )& My box gets mad play time, PS2 collects dust unless I feel like going on a killing spree(GTA3)I think the Xbox combines Gc and PS2 power into one.It's got nearly everything any gamer wants.Most games come on all platforms and most of the times Xbox has the best version.The PS2 Xclusives and Xbox Xclusives are similar,but XBX comes out on top everytime. (i.e. Shinobi(PS2) Ninja Gaiden(N.S. Cuz XBX)).Just My 2cents Welcome to XBA.:)

Hugh_Jass
06-07-2002, 11:37 AM
I don't know why anyone would buy a PS2 these days. It's the least powerful of all three consoles. I don't care how large the library the PS2 has. I don't have time for jaggies.

JimmieDoogan
06-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Dood are you psycho? Coming here and asking us if we think you should get an Xbox? Where do you think you are? Tell you what, if you can afford it (not like I can or anything but I still do) get em all. Why not, they're all pretty cheap right now... Pick up your Xbox first though.

Nato King
06-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Yes you must buy the xbox what kind of question is that. The xbox is the best today and always be the best. There are some hot games that are out for the xbox and some really cool games coming.:) trust everybody here at xboxaddict we want lead you down the wrong path.:)

Nerrad529
06-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Microsoft is investing tons of money into the xbox game system. You can play dvd's it's going online this fall. Xbox is going nowhere any time soon. If and when they come out with xbox 2 I will be buying it asap. If your worried about the game selection don't. Cause their is many fun games out there and on the way. Nerrad529

Highlite23
06-07-2002, 01:36 PM
First off......Welcome to the Asylum.

Your right wrong place to ask this question....LOL. But you will get some informative comments.

1. Most advanced system available, hands down.
2. Best on-line program. (Communicator+game+1 year sub=$50.00, or $9.95 a month)
3. 6+ months and already 75 games on the market, hard pressed not to find a few you aren't gonna like.
4. Some great titles slated for this ccomming year.
5. Microsoft has boat loads of money to back the system. ( I own a Dreamcast, i know what your feeling)

Just on sheer "Bang for your buck" XBOX wins. The price drop should make this a no brainer.(No offense)

;)

Slacker
06-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Okay look at the pic below it's not pre-rendered meaning thats the actual gameplay in the game, this is from Splinter Cell , PS2 would have to pre-render this same with Gamecube,
Nuff Said ....Xbox Rules

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1514004&object_id=481175&channel_id=73&page_title=Splinter+Cell%3A+E3+Hands+On&adtag=network%3Dign%26pagetype%3Darticle%26site%3Dxboxviewer&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F481%2F481175.html

E-Xbox
06-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I don't know why anyone would buy a PS2 these days. It's the least powerful of all three consoles. I don't care how large the library the PS2 has. I don't have time for jaggies.

lol!
i know..
id buy one..after i got an xbox..
xbox is the best decision..
since xbox live will be here quite soon..
xbox will be unstoppable!!!

GET A XBOX!!

peace

RadRider
06-07-2002, 02:23 PM
No, you don't buy an Xbox, I buy Xbox! I buy Xbox! :D
I don't really care man. PS2 has most games, biggest user base. GameCube has slightly better hardware than the PS2, some classic (REHASHED!) franchises like Metroid, Mario, Zelda and all the other things you've heard of a thousand times. Xbox has the best hardware by far, soundtrack ripping feature, the most extensive and revolutionary online plans for any system (PC included), and it gets ports of most of the games from PS2 and GameCube, but always with better graphics, and often with bonuses like extra levels and stuff.

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Xbox out of business??? Well, lets just say that's not going to happen with me and games like Halo around.:cool:

Buy XBOX.....it's worth it!!!!:cool:

~ SpartanSniper

E-Xbox
06-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SpartanSniper
Xbox out of business??? Well, lets just say that's not going to happen with me and games like Halo around.:cool:

Buy XBOX.....it's worth it!!!!:cool:

~ SpartanSniper

obviously its worth it!
it was worth the starting price also!

peace

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

obviously its worth it!
it was worth the starting price also!

peace

Agreed.

~ SpartanSniper

lightsout
06-07-2002, 11:12 PM
hey man, i had the same prob u did, not knowing if Xbox is worth the money. At first i was like :confused: because i was so :( (jealous...being a Ps2 owner, and trying to deny that Xbox is better) of its gorgous graphics and speed, but wasn't sure if i really wanted to commit to buying it. i went from :confused: to :D very soon after a few friendly people (everyone on XBA):p and the sweet deal my friend gave me for his Xbox!!(System, 2 Controllers, Halo, NBA2K2, Madden 2002, DOA3 all for $260) and new releases (Morrowind in particular) I have definately decided to go with the black and green. Xbox is just superior to the competition. I do not yet own an Xbox, but in 11 days I finally will. I own a Ps2 and I play my friends gamecube all the time, and they are respectable, but just doesn't cut it when it comes to next generation graphics and speed.

All in all...trust me, you will get your money's worth out of this system. And it won't flop with rich ass Bill Gates behind the reigns of this system, backing it up. :cool: