PDA

View Full Version : XBOXers! DON'T SETTLE FOR PORTS!

SquirrelJam
10-17-2001, 09:55 AM
There is no doubt that the xbox is the console to which all others will be judged. It's potential is undisputed. My concern, as it should be all of yours, lies with the game developers.

Titles like E.A.'s "NBA2002" have me worried. Forget that it's basketball for a moment and follow me. This title looks like a re-hash or a port from the PS2. Lame!

In everyone's excitement to get on the xbox bangwagon, I fear that some developers will rush to release with crap offering, re-hashed, ported work from PS2 or Nintendo or whatever.

This is a real danger to us and should not be taken lightly.

Here's an example of awesomeness: In the beginning, the Bungie crew had their software engine already fully constructed for HALO when the xbox DevKit came out. As we all know, they threw out all that hard and rebuilt from the ground up, taking advantage of all of what xbox has to offer. Now tell me, how many game developers are actually doing that?

No doubt, some will try to sneak a few substandard ports our way. Take caution and don't just buy a title because it has "xbox" written on it. What do you guys think?

Vipermmx
10-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Depends on the port. If its a PC port like Max payne sure!! Crappy ports suck though. Dont worry to much though other titles are comming out that will conquer the crappy PS2 backetball game im sure. You cant stop crappy ports. One thing for sure the SH2 port is going to rock. SH2 on Xbox wont have jaggies :D

CyberBOMB
10-17-2001, 10:54 AM
I looked at the Max Payne for the Xbox screenshots it looked like a straight port with no effects changes.

Xboxmaster2001
10-17-2001, 10:59 AM
some ports are ok