PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo, Bows Down to the Xbox And PS2!! And leaves the console war!!

faceoff508
06-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Read it hear:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/review/2002/6/06/nintendo-games.htm

nintendo is going to focus on games right now, so does that mean it quits!!

MOrgE
06-07-2002, 02:58 PM
i think they mean that they won't be concentrating too much on their GameCube anymore but rather concentrate on the GameCube's games...

i guess they think the way to approach the console market is to attract people with games instead of the console...

i guess i see their perspective but i kinda disagree... i mean, how is a gorgeously decorated house supposed to survive if it's foundation is old and crappy...
:)

VenoM
06-07-2002, 03:04 PM
nah..no way nintendo is quiting ..this is nintendo....they would be foolish to stop making consoles...bascally i take as nintendo is gonna focus more on making great hits(like they already dont have great hits ;) ) i guess they wanna make even better and more games instead of going on and on about which system is more powerful and which system is better so on and so on..there just gonna let the games talk for them selves instead of relaying on technology behind the nintendo brand consoles to do the talking for them...nintendo just thinks consoles now adays have reached the limit in graphics already and now its time to start making more games around that technology...basically graphics cant get any better then they are today....and dont expect nintendo's next system to try to beat the other rivals system specs,there not gonna be going with specs there just gonna be going with what works best for there games next time....they'll be okay..there not going anywhere...nintendo will live forever.... :)

Xbox Owner
06-07-2002, 03:07 PM
lol..when i read this i was like holy..*****!!!! hehe..i agree with the people up ^ tho..because they will just make games..but still do gamecube..

LynxFX
06-07-2002, 03:20 PM
What I find funny is that this is a 'new' revelation for Nintendo. Shouldn't they have been focusing on games from the beginning anyway? I guess that is why we have 50 versions of Mario, because Nintendo wasn't focusing on games.

DrUnKtAnK
06-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
What I find funny is that this is a 'new' revelation for Nintendo. Shouldn't they have been focusing on games from the beginning anyway? I guess that is why we have 50 versions of Mario, because Nintendo wasn't focusing on games.

Interesting point.....:p

Spaztic
06-07-2002, 05:17 PM
....so what the hell was nintendo focusing on before again?

DBXNY
06-07-2002, 05:26 PM

I think this is an interesting point too. However, what I got from them, without focusing on any technological improvements, they just want to make 50 more better versions of Mario - not really give us anything new.

Master Gracey
06-07-2002, 05:27 PM
I get just the opposite from that article... sounds to me like this new guy at Nintendo is ready to get serious about the gaming industry! The past few years have been a lame duck for them. Ever since Goldeneye, all they've done is rehash old titles. This new guy wants to create new franchises that stand a chance of seriously competing with the first rate titles coming out for Xbox and PS2.

But that's just what I get from it... :D

El Gaucho Goof
06-07-2002, 05:40 PM

I don't think this is a new revelation at all. Nintendo has always had this philosphy. I mean Shiggy has always preached it. They have always been about the games atleast in my book. That is why the GCN is a "gaming" machine.

I think we shoul learn to seperate Mario the series from Mario the character. The Mario series not counting handhelds and the upcoming Super Mario Sunshine is 6 games strong (Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World 1-2 and Super Mario 64). Well, the character has appeared in several dozen games including his own spinoffs like Party, Golf, Tennis and Kart.

And Nintendo has given something new every generation they been in gaming. That is over 20 years of gaming. I mean Zelda, PokeMon, PikMin, WaveRace, Smash Bros, Wario, Luigi, Metroid, Icarus, Mario Kart, 1080 and Animal Leader weren't all present in the arcade days, not all present in the NES days, not all present in the n64 days and some are just appaearing for the GCN.

Slacker
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
"The effort to produce machines with better technology has reached its limit," Iwata said. "If things continue, they may lead to the decline of the entire game industry."

I agree some what , but I read a few months ago that Nintendo was thinking of having Gamecube it's last console , we haven't heard anything about a Next version, maybe they will Milk it like they did SNES and N64 if they do come up with another one I bet it won't be unitl after Xbox and PS2 have had another one out for a few years, but I would rather Nintendo do a Sega and just make games for both systems, and since Nintendo is basically and Ant and Microsofts a Herd of Elephants and Sony is a Camel all they have is there games,

y2kash_14
06-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
okay..there not going anywhere...nintendo will live forever.... :)

the same has been thought about SEGA......

RadRider
06-07-2002, 07:33 PM
If it's the same article that TeamXbox has, then it doesn't actually say that Nintendo is quitting. All it says is what we've known about Nintendo for several years now: They dislike having to make new hardware every couple of years to stay in the market. What exactly that means, I have no idea. Maybe this will be their last console and they'll support it for the next 50 years, or maybe they'll go multiplatform. Who knows? Who cares? Not me.

EHWfedPres
06-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Oh wow, Nintendo is FINALLY looking to make good, original titles for the Lamecube...but screw that, i want more mario and Zelda, and more games that are between 5 and 10 years old...yeah, lets get original people. :rolleyes:

I'll play Hunter or Morrowind before any game on the gamecube.

Xbox Owner
06-08-2002, 12:50 PM
So does that mean, they will make games for Xbox too?

robnyack
06-08-2002, 12:50 PM
gee, it's just occuring to them that you need good games????

the GC has by far the absolute WORST line of games. They pulled the same crap with nintendo64. It was more than a year later before games really started coming out for 64, and these dopes are following the same path with the GC.

you can have most powerful bestest game console in the universe, but if you only have a handful of games and they all consist of old rehashes and nothing original, then no one is going to care.