PDA

View Full Version : Dead to Rights Movie

JJaX
06-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Looks like a fun action game

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,558378,00.html

Full story (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2869251,00.html)

JJaX
06-07-2002, 03:05 PM
F'n Cowards..........

Afraid to post comments

JJaX
06-07-2002, 03:18 PM
EMBRACE COWARDICE MECHWARRIOR!

Shorezy
06-07-2002, 03:22 PM
That does look pretty sweet man. But do the bodies disappear?

(¯`·._)
06-07-2002, 06:57 PM
looks horrible, game sucks

ScorpionX
06-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by (¯`·._)

I agree, looks like another Max Payne...:mad:

(¯`·._)
06-07-2002, 07:32 PM
i dont mean that, and it doesnt look like Max Payne. Max was a perfect combination of realism and fun gameplay. This is so exaggerated game that it doesnt matter if you get hit 20 times, its a horrible. The gameplay sucks which makes it suck totally

RadRider
06-07-2002, 07:38 PM
I was super hyped for this game until I saw the videos. It still looks fun, but the standing in the middle of a room, randomly shooting at people and all the bright flashy cursors; make this game look more like an arcade shooter than something along the lines of Max Payne. I was going to buy it when it launched... Thankfully I saw the videos first. Now it's purely a rental, if that.

faceoff508
06-07-2002, 07:41 PM
It looks cool!!

GRAVEDIGGER
06-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7

I agree, looks like another Max Payne...:mad:

I diss
agree, its far from Max Lame. Read up on the game, and find out the things you can do, and you'll see that the only thing it has in common with Max Lame is that they both kill people and they have that lil matrix thing(besides DTR's Bullet time is way better than Max Lame)

Untill next time...:mad:

Liquid Gears
06-07-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by (¯`·._)

Dude, how in the heII did you make your name?!!!

TEA
06-08-2002, 12:48 AM
Nice Find JJAx .:)

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Namco’s major blazing gun this year was a great surprise once I got my hands on, titled Dead to Rights. The early movies of the game showed very cool gameplay similar to Max Payne. This worried me a bit but all concerns were totally demolished once I held the controller in my hand. This highly anticipated title will be released in the US somewhere around the 3rd quarter of this year.

You control Jack Slate, a former police officer arrested for a shooting rampage in Grant City that resulted in multiple homicides including the assassination of community philanthropist Augie Blatz. He travels with his K-9 dog at his side and a definite ****ed off attitude under his cap because his father has been killed and the murderers on the loose. The story takes place in Grant City, USA, a once bustling gold-mining town turned corrupt.

Bringing years of video game production experience and talent to the table, Andre Emerson was hired in 1999 by Namco to lead the Dead of Rights production team. Emerson’s previous experience with action games at companies such as 3DO, MGM, Activision made him the ideal producer for the game. Basically the idea is to bring your typical action movie to your home console, fully controllable. Expect 10-20 hours of solid gameplay.

Control in Dead of Rights is almost perfected. Although the game was only around 60% complete when I played it this afternoon there were few noticeable bugs. The camera definitely needs some work, as well as a little bit of fine-tuning with the graphics. The 3 playable levels were pretty amazing. Firstly was the training level taking place in a construction zone, this level covered the basic moves and taught the gamer how to do things such as use a human shield (we will get to that later) and control your dog for certain situations. Next was the cemetery which was obviously designed to show off how to use all things learned in the training level in one big situation, very cool.

But downright the coolest level playable today was the “Club” stage. Jack entered a local strip club that was known to have information on recent murders. Because there are too many guards Jack must recruit a stripper to keep them “busy”. What follows next was very fun and innovative, think Dance Dance Revolution meets Playboy’s version of Britney’s Dance Beat. You control the stripper and perform badass dance moves as long as you press the buttons in sync with the scrolling letters on the screen. Very fun!

Some of the coolest features of Dead of Rights were the way that your character can interact with the human opponents around him. Switch out of third-person view to carefully aim at a bad guy’s legs or arms, shoot him in the head for instant death. If there are a couple enemies around the corner, target one and send the dog after him, oh and your dog will return to you with the enemy’s gun, very sweet. The auto-targeting system was also a definite plus, bravo Namco.

If there are too many enemies around you just grab the nearest one, pull him to your chest and worry no more because you have yourself what I like to call a human shield. Once you are done with your human shield, press B and Jack will slowly put his pistol up to the opponent’s head and fire away, again instant death. As in Max Payne, Dead to Rights has “adrenaline” which is used to create slow-time effects allowing Jack to kill up to 3 enemies in one jump.

Overall Namco has done a great job with Dead to Rights and it is defiantly worthy of their showcase title at this years Expo.

--TXB

EHWfedPres
06-08-2002, 12:42 PM
Theres more than 10 Dead to Rights movies at IGN. I watched every single one of them...and this game looks very cool.