PDA

View Full Version : My Morrowind and Hunter opinions.

wweomaniac
06-07-2002, 11:01 PM
Keep in mind I only played each game for a maximum of 20 minutes. Its usually the first hour or so that decides whether or not i like it anyways...

Morrowind:
Overall: 6.5/10
gameplay:6/10 (result from below basically)
Graphics: 5/10 (bad fps throughout whole game... not just scenes where there is a lot of action. Graphics suck and not enough textures are used)
Sound: 7/10 can't argue against it, I don't see any other type of music it could have used.

Hunter: The Reckoning
Overall: 6.5/10
Gameplay: 7/10 (i don't get how you use the camera stick in this game...)
Graphics: 8/10 (nothing to brag over but after seeing Morrowind this game looks amazing :). But truthfully... the graphics arent bad. Especially the water. If you zoom in you can manage to see that they did a good job on characters)
Sound: 7.5/10 (nothing to brag over.. the lips did move!!)

Keep in mind these are my initial thoughts on the games. I only played for about 20 minutes or less on each game so I probably am wrong. But I really didn't like how hunter had the 3rd person arcade-like top view of the characters.

Xbox Owner
06-07-2002, 11:03 PM
6.5/10 for both of them? I don't think there that bad.. I mean, that's still.."ok" but..i was expecting better..but u did only say 20 minutes

wweomaniac
06-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
6.5/10 for both of them? I don't think there that bad.. I mean, that's still.."ok" but..i was expecting better..but u did only say 20 minutes
only 20 minutes. So it isnt perfect at ALL. I really didn't like Hunter b/c it was so different. I didn't like the four players ina room in third person idea on the same screen.

I guess I ddin't really pursue the story line in Morrowind. I just "tried" to kill the first guy I saw and got recaptured.

Xbox Owner
06-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

I guess I ddin't really pursue the story line in Morrowind. I just "tried" to kill the first guy I saw and got recaptured.

lol..this isn't halo now..hehe

Calve
06-07-2002, 11:18 PM

only 20 minutes. So it isnt perfect at ALL. I really didn't like Hunter b/c it was so different. I didn't like the four players ina room in third person idea on the same screen.

Morrowind has gotta be one of the deepest games yet!!! get into the story and take pride in your character dont do stupid $hit

wweomaniac
06-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

lol..this isn't halo now..hehe
I remember trying to kill captain keyes. That was fun.

VeNoMiZA
06-07-2002, 11:33 PM
hehe i killed captain keyes and the dam marines jumped me lol.i couldnt even kill one of them.it as like they are immortal when you kill the cap...how come they dont do that crap when we fighting aliens?????maybe they are covenant??????lol:p

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
hehe i killed captain keyes and the dam marines jumped me lol.i couldnt even kill one of them.it as like they are immortal when you kill the cap...how come they dont do that crap when we fighting aliens?????maybe they are covenant??????lol:p

That was so much fun!! No matter how much you hit them they still live!! Even if you use grenades!

Highlite23
06-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Why bother with a "Review" after only 20 minutes of game play??

Was it supposed to physically knock you over as it loaded on to your screen.

If anything Hunter is fantastic from the get go and maybe loses a little as you play.

Morrowind is the opposite, starts off a little iffy but is amazing as you get into it.

But, your intitled to your opinion.

DBXNY
06-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Interesting....you are the first person I've seen that said the graphics in Morrowind "suck". I mean, even biased Gamespot said it looks impressive on the Xbox in their initial impressions.

Maybe you need a new TV or glasses?:D

Kooster
06-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY
Interesting....you are the first person I've seen that said the graphics in Morrowind "suck". I mean, even biased Gamespot said it looks impressive on the Xbox in their initial impressions.

Maybe you need a new TV or glasses?:D I think the graphics suck and Ive played it for a few hours. It looks like a PC game. It looks nothing like Halo or Hunter. That doesnt mean its a bad game, though.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 10:42 AM

Maybe you need a new TV or glasses?:D
You obviously have never played the game. There is no bump mapping, the water isn't that great, the character models suck b/c they lack detail-- they're all "stiff".

This game's graphics do suck and I'll leave it fro you to decide after you've played the game. Perhaps gamespot was talking about the pc version. The frame rate for this game really isn't that good. And it gets worse when there are people around.

Kooster
06-08-2002, 11:05 AM
The graphics are bad. Exactly like wweomaniac described them. But i still like the game.

DBXNY
06-08-2002, 11:07 AM

You obviously have never played the game. There is no bump mapping, the water isn't that great, the character models suck b/c they lack detail-- they're all "stiff".

This game's graphics do suck and I'll leave it fro you to decide after you've played the game. Perhaps gamespot was talking about the pc version. The frame rate for this game really isn't that good. And it gets worse when there are people around.

You're right, I haven't played the game nor have seen it yet. So I can't say the game sucks or not. However, I just thought it ironic to hear that the graphics "suck" when gamespot - notorious for being harsh on x-box reviews - says that they are really impressive, as well as many others. They even said "the graphical detail is impressive", which is also consistent with other owners' reviews I've read. They were specifically talking about the x-box version, not the PC.

Here's the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2869887,00.html

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 12:14 PM

You're right, I haven't played the game nor have seen it yet. So I can't say the game sucks or not. However, I just thought it ironic to hear that the graphics "suck" when gamespot - notorious for being harsh on x-box reviews - says that they are really impressive, as well as many others. They even said "the graphical detail is impressive", which is also consistent with other owners' reviews I've read. They were specifically talking about the x-box version, not the PC.

Here's the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2869887,00.html
well people at gamespot are dumbasses. u c what i mean.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Why does everyone think in XBA reviews think the graphics for Morrowind are amaing. everyone seems to be ignorantly giving it 5/5's even though it OBVIOUSLY doesnt deserve five. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not most the people who have written reviews have even played the game yet. I saw maybe 2 or three legitimite reviews, but the rest were bull.

EHWfedPres
06-08-2002, 12:38 PM
I just got Hunter 2 days ago and Morrowind this morning.

Hunter is dámn hard, but equally as fun and addictive. Im up to the Meat Mill level already...plus I just save a new game for each save glyph thing so that I can play any level that I want to at any time. :)

Morrowind is a great game. The graphics were toned down a little for the Xbox, but not much. I played Morrowind on my friends conputer with a Voodoo 5 graphics card and both the PC and Xbox versions look very similiar. Morrowind is such a huge game, it will take someone forever to explore everywhere and do everything in the entire game. That includes playing with every single race with different skills and attributes...this game will never get boring.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I just got Hunter 2 days ago and Morrowind this morning.

Hunter is dámn hard, but equally as fun and addictive. Im up to the Meat Mill level already...plus I just save a new game for each save glyph thing so that I can play any level that I want to at any time. :)

Morrowind is a great game. The graphics were toned down a little for the Xbox, but not much. I played Morrowind on my friends conputer with a Voodoo 5 graphics card and both the PC and Xbox versions look very similiar. Morrowind is such a huge game, it will take someone forever to explore everywhere and do everything in the entire game. That includes playing with every single race with different skills and attributes...this game will never get boring.
just a little? You sure? I heard there was massive bump mapping on just aboot everything in the pc version. Perhaps he was running a minimum quality.

robnyack
06-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Keep in mind these are my initial thoughts on the games. I only played for about 20 minutes or less

how about starting your post off with that statement, so I can quickly ignore the rest and move on to a post that ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING.

less than 20 minutes and he has written a review.

good grief.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by robnyack

how about starting your post off with that statement, so I can quickly ignore the rest and move on to a post that ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING.

less than 20 minutes and he has written a review.

good grief.
well for me, its usually the first 30 or so minutes that decides whther or not I'm gong to continue playing the game.

Kortiz
06-08-2002, 01:23 PM
20 mins? YOU ARE A "NERD"

Are you just trying to get a rise out of somebody?

I mean DAAAAAAAYYAAAAAAMN FOOL......at least make it so you sound credible....nahmean?

Veno
06-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Guys, the reason why your beloved xbox's graphics sucked for morrowind is this: the hardware inside it is getting old. Cmon, a 733mhz geforce 3 card with 12 gigabytes of harddrive space? That is not that great, dudes. I got morrowind on pc and I'm using 2.0gig pentium 4 processor with a geforce 4 ti4600 and the graphics are the best I've ever seen. Understand, your xbox is not the best gaming platform on the market. It's just a crappily thrown together old pc with no windows and no control over what you can put on it.

Yes, I love my xbox, but that does not mean it's the best gaming system ever.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Yes, I love my xbox, but that does not mean it's the best gaming system ever.
Finally someone who agrees with me. A lot of games have been made to xbox's maximum potential. its only a geforce 3. A geforce 3 isn't that powerful. Doom 3 will require a lot more then geforce 3 to run at its maximum potential. A lot of people think that XBOX can run doom3-like games on xbox, but that is entirely false.

And as for the celeron 733 Mhz: it doesn't matter at all what processor is in your system. The gamecube and ps2 cpus are even better then the one in the xbox. Don't let the number confuse you, but its true. I've read real PROFESSIONAL articles by engineers who don't even play video games that test out hardware saying the GC and PS2 cpu's are better than xbox's... but as I said the CPU in your system doesn't really play that big of a role.

wweomaniac
06-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
20 mins? YOU ARE A "NERD"

Are you just trying to get a rise out of somebody?

I mean DAAAAAAAYYAAAAAAMN FOOL......at least make it so you sound credible....nahmean?
ChickenSHH... how could you call me the nerd. I hate nerds. You know that. WTF is up with you? Why would I be a nerd for playing XBOX for 20 minutes? gawd ******.

wulff
06-08-2002, 02:47 PM
It's just a crappily thrown together old pc with no windows and no control over what you can put on it.

Man go smoke another fatty.
If they ever put windows on this thing i'll use it as a couch leveling tool......gee can we please have some of those bsod''s....oh yeah lets mix up all the ntfs or fat files and hell why not put some regi keys in there while your at it....

I'll take mine without the windows os thnx....specially since it is only a crappy put together cosole.

Veno
06-08-2002, 02:48 PM

Finally someone who agrees with me. A lot of games have been made to xbox's maximum potential. its only a geforce 3. A geforce 3 isn't that powerful. Doom 3 will require a lot more then geforce 3 to run at its maximum potential. A lot of people think that XBOX can run doom3-like games on xbox, but that is entirely false.

And as for the celeron 733 Mhz: it doesn't matter at all what processor is in your system. The gamecube and ps2 cpus are even better then the one in the xbox. Don't let the number confuse you, but its true. I've read real PROFESSIONAL articles by engineers who don't even play video games that test out hardware saying the GC and PS2 cpu's are better than xbox's... but as I said the CPU in your system doesn't really play that big of a role.

I dont completely agree with you, I like hunter alot and i think the graphics really kick ass. But maybe that's because I really love multiplayer games, especially multiplayer coop games where you can do huge diving moves and 360 spins into hordes of zombies.

OppiumNitrates
06-08-2002, 03:06 PM
i wouldnt go as far as saying the graphics of morrowind 'suck' i mean there noting special but they dont suck . . . . besids gameplay well makes up for it . . . . not too many other games that u can pick pocket people

06-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

That was so much fun!! No matter how much you hit them they still live!! Even if you use grenades!

Have you ever taken the time to knock all them down into the pit below the pilots with the ladder?? My friends and i do this when we get bored.

also, wweomaniac, Hunter gets a ton better. The camera is annoying at times and the first couple levels are repetitive, but it's an awesome game. I know you've only played it for 20 min, but you shouldn't be so quick to judge. After you get the hang of the moves and using the weapons, this game gets really fun. I wasn't too happy with it at first, either, but I just beat the vampire guy at the mansion and the game is getting better all the time. I hope you start to enjoy it!

DBXNY
06-08-2002, 05:38 PM
wweomaniac,

Most people are disagreeing with you because your review is wacked. I just played about 20 mins of Morrowind in a local EB store today and graphics are really good. I wouldn't say they are a 5/5 though, but they definitely don't "suck".

BTW, Morrowind on X-box can't look as good as the highest resolution on a PC because it has to support NTSC standards. X-box games are developed to be played on a TV, PC games are developed to be played on monitors. As gamespot noted, it probably looks as good as a mid-range PC setup, which is probably about as high as NTSC could look.

VAN
06-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Ummm...why even bother posting comments on games you admittedly have only played for 20 minutes?

How bout next time you post comments after reading the back of the box, or maybe after only watching the opening game movie?

headgamer
06-08-2002, 06:50 PM

:rolleyes:

Ooh, boy... now THAT's what I call in-depth reviews! Good grief...

First of all, you didn't like the concept of Hunter and the way it was implemented. That's not a review, it is an opinion. Good reviewers can separate their preferences from telling whether or not the game is good or not.

Second of all, 20 minutes each and you make your decision?! Okay, they say that Morrowind can take upwards of 200 HOURS to complete if you go through most of the side quests, etc. 200 hours = 12,000 minutes....

There are 600 20-second segments in 200 hours.... So, in essence, you're telling me that you can review a game after playing literally ONLY 1/600th of the dang game?! OMG...

Remind me NOT to consider you application if I ever decide to start a gaming magazine and need reviewers... LOL...

wweomaniac
06-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Wow you guys. Those were my initial thoughts. Its not a review. OMG. You guys gotta chill out.

I-N-I-T-I-A-L T-H-O-U-G-H-T-S

I don't think I'd ever like Hunter anyways because I ddin't like Gauntlet Legends. Even though its different from Gauntlet (way harder and longer), its not my type of game.

I guess if I played Morrowind more, I would like it more...

BUT FOR GODS SAKE!

just my initial impressions!!

wweomaniac
06-09-2002, 09:37 AM
wweomaniac,

Most people are disagreeing with you because your review is wacked. I just played about 20 mins of Morrowind in a local EB store today and graphics are really good. I wouldn't say they are a 5/5 though, but they definitely don't "suck".
have you compared the graphics to any other games on xbox?
Compared to any other game, this game totally does not stick out. I can't wait till an official review comes out from some gaming website. Because I bet they'll disagree with the graphics as well.

DBXNY
06-09-2002, 10:48 AM

have you compared the graphics to any other games on xbox?
Compared to any other game, this game totally does not stick out. I can't wait till an official review comes out from some gaming website. Because I bet they'll disagree with the graphics as well.

Of course I was comparing against other games on the x-box. Otherwise, I really wouldn't have been able to say this:

"I wouldn't say they are a 5/5 though, but they definitely don't "suck".

I didn't agree that they are perfect either, but they definitely didn't "suck" from what I saw. Saying they "suck" is very extreme.

ShannonX
06-09-2002, 11:47 AM
I played Hunter for about 5 hours friday evening. I only played Co-op with 3 other people, and man, my fingers started getting a bit tired. =) It was really fun though. Morrowind should be here for me on monday or tuesday ( i had order processing delays due to a change of address) Cant wait!