PDA

View Full Version : most memorible moments in morrowind!

Spaztic
06-08-2002, 12:12 PM
title explains it all....I saw a thread like this on the morrowind forums for the pc, I really liked to read some of the cool stories. Let us know your best moments in the game!

EHWfedPres
06-08-2002, 12:49 PM
the first time I heard one of the really loud, amazing-sounding cracks of thunder...i was in awe.

Frostberg
06-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
the first time I heard one of the really loud, amazing-sounding cracks of thunder...i was in awe.
Oh man I was on the lighthouse outside and it started to rain and then got dark and thunder! It was like it was thundering outside! Ahh I love DD 5.1...only on Xbox!

monkeyman
06-09-2002, 01:32 PM
god damn dude it has thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhh lord i love this game already EVEN THOUGH IT HASNT BEEN SHIPPED TO NEBRASKA YET WHERE THE **** ARE YOU MORROWIND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Spaztic
06-10-2002, 12:06 PM
*bump because this thread could be cool*

JimmieDoogan
06-10-2002, 03:12 PM
I was lost on top of a mountian and I couldn't see a damn thing because all of the sudden an AMAZING storm of dust and rock bombarded my every existance until I was able to find my way to a cave. The cave was inhabited by a family of dark elves. For some reason they got quite aggressive with me, when all I was doing was trying to find shelter. So I murdered the lot of them and stole everything in site, ate the food they'd left out and slept in their beds. When the storm let up, I left the cave, finished my quest and picked up a heap of loot as a result. I can't stop thinking about the poor fools, and how it could all have been avoided had they simpley allowed me to lay low in the front hall until the storm had let up. Ah well... cest' la vi'. Mind you, this was on my first mission. If things happen like this in the beginning I can only wonder what the future holds for my character.

Tkf5000
06-10-2002, 05:21 PM
My most memorablemoment was my dark elf warrior was in his underwear to rob a store(less stuff equals more carry). I went in the store and opened 2 crates really fast and hit X to take evrything. The guard came after me and i refused then ran out the door heading towards the theives guild to get the bounty of me. And while i was doing this i had the imperial guard people chasing me and it was thundering and pouring rain out. When i got to the theives guild everyone was yelling at me saying thing like "put some clothes on". That ismy memorible morrowind moment.

FuNkY mOnK
06-11-2002, 08:25 PM
I went into someone’s house looking for stuff to take, no one was on ether the first or second floor, as I was climbing the stairs to the third floor I heard someone walking around in the other room i panicked like a rat and ran the hell out of there.

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 11:16 AM
I do that a lot, i rob a house and i start using the right thumbstick to look around and i hear footsteps. of course its me and i run everytime i do this. i keep saying to myself remeber using the right thubstick makes walking noises but i just keep running, i cant help it! O and i had a memorible moment today. Some high elf was talking (actually talking not in words) and i was facing his back and he said "the moon and the sun creates day and night, hmm i wonder what creates your mind" and as he finished saying it i hit him in the back with one of my swords. he should of been paying attention and not saying little phrases.

John002
06-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
I do that a lot, i rob a house and i start using the right thumbstick to look around and i hear footsteps. of course its me and i run everytime i do this. i keep saying to myself remeber using the right thubstick makes walking noises but i just keep running, i cant help it! O and i had a memorible moment today. Some high elf was talking (actually talking not in words) and i was facing his back and he said "the moon and the sun creates day and night, hmm i wonder what creates your mind" and as he finished saying it i hit him in the back with one of my swords. he should of been paying attention and not saying little phrases.

Man you're mean.:mad:

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 11:51 AM
lol, so :p
o and he has some little friend with him too. gotta kill him too. he they are in a small warehouse full of boxes and they are in there so i kill em and steal everything. the guy had some shield i never seen before. and the good thing is these guys idnt report me. the first time i id it and died cuz i wuz low on health and the second timei beat em and both times i didnt get reported. at lest some people can defend themselves (with help of friends)

John002
06-12-2002, 05:25 PM
What happens if you kill someone that you may need later in a quest? I guess you're scr*wed

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 07:59 PM
well theres ONLY a couple hundred more quests to finish. losing 1 quest is like nothing. and thats why there is save option.

John002
06-13-2002, 05:11 AM
well theres ONLY a couple hundred more quests to finish. losing 1 quest is like nothing. and thats why there is save option.

Good point

khaos2005
06-13-2002, 06:35 AM
Are there cut scenes in this game? Like for the main quest or something.

Rancey
06-13-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The first time I heard the thunder I jumped outta my chair...and have even done it a couple times after as well :) man, the weather effects in this game are AWESOME!

John002
06-13-2002, 08:00 AM
Not trying to be picky, but it would have been nice if you could view the scenery and layout of the land while riding on the silt strider. Just doing a cut scene is sort of a let down.
Love the game though.

Dre
06-13-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by John002
Not trying to be picky, but it would have been nice if you could view the scenery and layout of the land while riding on the silt strider. Just doing a cut scene is sort of a let down.
Love the game though.

Make yourself a jumping spell like me :)

Jump 100 pts for 1 sec + slowfall for 40 secs. Launches me across the map and I travel very far for low cost in magicka.

JJaX
06-13-2002, 09:27 AM
I travelled all the way north to Vas just to getmy ass kicked. Im not strong enough to wipe out Vas of all the deadra(sp?)

So after getting my ass kicked my viper steel sword long blade condtion is 8/900 (my only weapon other than my bow), im out of potions and in the middle of no where. I roamed along the northen coast getting chased by all these different creatures and goblins. Ive finally made it to a small fishing town where i can take a silt strider to Al-Duruhn. But man i was pi55ed. I spent the last two nights trying to get to civilization. I think im gonna freelance for a while and build up a few levels before i ever go way north again :eek
As i was getting my ass chased through out the ashland region i ran past many temples. I cant imagine whats in each one of those things

Tkf5000
06-13-2002, 11:17 AM
Yea i did that two and i just started the game and i was lvl 2 trying to get through the dwemer ruins place. i ran through it and ended up on some loooong mountain path getting chased by nix-hounds ans cliff racers and some other things. it took me a couple hours to escape. i wanted to go straight over the hills but no matter how hard i tried i could only get so far and when i got to the top the cliff racers woukd gang up on me (one time towards the end of the path i counted 8 cliff racers killing me at once)

Dre
06-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Yea i did that two and i just started the game and i was lvl 2 trying to get through the dwemer ruins place. i ran through it and ended up on some loooong mountain path getting chased by nix-hounds ans cliff racers and some other things. it took me a couple hours to escape. i wanted to go straight over the hills but no matter how hard i tried i could only get so far and when i got to the top the cliff racers woukd gang up on me (one time towards the end of the path i counted 8 cliff racers killing me at once)

You guys probably know this, but anyone really new to the game might not.

I used to get lost all the time until I realized that I could read the signposts when I stayed on the paths and roads. With the signs you can hardly ever get lost.

Now I have my jumping spell so its not much of an issue.. but I'm level 17 now too.. so.. lower-levels stick to the roads and paths and read those signposts! :)

khaos2005
06-13-2002, 03:31 PM
How did you go about making a jumping spell?

I am a thief, so anything having to do with spells is something I do not understand yet.

Dre
06-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
How did you go about making a jumping spell?

I am a thief, so anything having to do with spells is something I do not understand yet.

Well, there are 2 steps to make a spell.

First you need to buy a spell that has the effect you are looking for. Then you go to a spellmaker (there a chick in the basement of Balmora's mage guild that does this). After you just go and add the effects you want etc.

For example, I saw a spell called Hinur's Hoptoad for sale, bought it and then had the Jump effect when I went to the spellmakers menu. Then I found a slowfall spell and bought that as well (because jumping over islands at a time kinda splats you on the ground when you land without it :)). Then I just added both effects with the right attributes (length, magnitude, area), named it and bought the spell.

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Jumping spell, LMAO I have to make one of those.

The funniest thing was when my friend went to kill a guy in his house at Balmora...my friend pulled out his sword and the guy said "Lets get thos over with, shall we?" I fell on the floor laughing for about 3 minutes.

I know a good way of getting stuff from shops thats not for sale. If you see a cool axe or sword on the wall in a shop and its not for sale, drop everything you have except your money. Make sure you have enough money to cover the value of the item you are taking...grab it and hit B really fast to open your inventory. Drop the item and pay the gold for your crime. Pick the item off the ground and walk away. You need to drop all of your belongings because the guards take all stolen items, so if your like me, 98% of everything you own is stolen.:rolleyes:

John002
06-13-2002, 06:55 PM
How can I beat the Telvanni Agents in the Caldera mine quest?

davidx
06-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Dudes...

This game sounds really deep. Would ya'll recommend it for anyone besides "hard-core" RPG gamers?

I'm not anti-RPG, I just havn't found one that blows my mind yet. However, I am looking for a new game...

3 Questions:

1)Anybody pick up this game who wasn't a total RPG fan before?

2) Although a different genre of game, is it really BETTER than Halo (or Hunter)?

3)Anybody out there think this game sucks?

4) Are the graphics better than some of the lousy reviews say?

Oops, that was 4 questions...
davidx

Tkf5000
06-20-2002, 09:38 AM
The graphics of the world a great. What people think is bad is the people. You have to add each peice of clothing onto people. The people might not look like DOA but they are still better than PoS2.
But the good thing is every peice of armor is extremely detailed (expecially the weapons). And yes david if your not a hardcore rpg fan i think once u start playing ull get the hang of it. And if you want be a warrior or archer or sumthing and dont use a lot of magic. Im pretty sure if uve played halo u could get the hang of an archer in morrowind. And once u start playing ur character will hardly ever miss. And as for longtivity this game will keep you occupied for a looong time. One peice of advice david go buy this game now (i recomend you pick up "prophecies" just in case u get stuck on a quest or are trying to find more)

davidx
06-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey TKF5000,

Thanks for the reply bro! I think I'll go "out on a limb" and pick up this badboy! A zillion addicts can't be wrong!!

What is this "prophecies" you speak of?

thanks again,

davidX:cool:

PS - How many "scenerios" are in this game? Is it true that there is no "linear" outline to the game? Can we really do whatever we want? Is that much freedom allowed in a game? If so--I'll be amazed!

Plewis
06-20-2002, 09:43 PM
well u probably already bought the game but the prophecies is a strategy guide... and my most memorable moment also was the first time I heard thunder and saw the lightning... I was in Vivic and I jumped as fast as I could off the Higher Waistworks into the water and swam all the way back to Balmora... granted I had a guard on my tail but the thunder made ME jump up not just my dark elf:D

Yes the game is soooo non-linear, if I remember Gracey told me he had played the game for about 100 hours and he had not started the VERY first thing for the main quest:D and there is always 2 or 3 or 100 ways to solve something

Tkf5000
06-21-2002, 05:03 PM
What plewis said is true. I just havent started the main quest yet and ive been playing non-stop since i got it. Like plewis said was true about 3 or 100 ways to do someting. For example in a theives quest u need to get a key to a manor. You can kill the guy who has it, steal it from him, cast a spell on him, use a potion or scroll, or make him like you enough to give it to you. theres probly more ways than that.

davidx
06-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Holy Bee-geezus Dudes, this game freakin' rocks!

I bought the game 1/2 hour after my last post. Been hooked since. I don't go around saying that often, cause dudes since Halo, I ain't been too impressed.

I don't even like RPG, but Morrowind kicks a$$. I only have two complaints:

-You should be able to buy a horse.

Hmm. Actually, that's it. This game overwhelms me...and I like it!!

thanks for the perceptive views on the game guys. Mucho appreciated!

X

* I killed the pawn-shop dude in Balmora. Is this going affect me in some way? (I sliced him good over my lack of gold). :cool:

davidx
06-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Fellow addicts,

Any Xbox owner who doesn't own Morrowind: Get it pronto!

Finally I have a "most memorable moment". The lightning was really cool...but that's not it.

Picture this--I kill the owner of the clothing store (in Balmora), so I'm pimped out with the most "exquist gear", but lost in the mountains. After a fierce battle with some jungle-beast, I'm thinking it can't get worse. Literally a minute later I'm in the depths of the mountains, getting attacked by a freakin' flying dinosaur!

This game has it all! (except a horse--really need a horse)

later dudes
davidX

PS - sorry for the ramble--but I love this game!

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by davidx
. I don't even like RPG, but Morrowind kicks a$$. I only have two complaints:

-You should be able to buy a horse.

Hmm. Actually, that's it. This game overwhelms me...and I like it!!

thanks for the perceptive views on the game guys. Mucho appreciated!

X

* I killed the pawn-shop dude in Balmora. Is this going affect me in some way? (I sliced him good over my lack of gold). :cool:
There was hoses in the other TES games but for some reason i think horses are extinct now. I wish u could ride guars (maybe later MODs). The guy you killed wont affect you at all unless you got caught, now you have a bounty on your head. I kill a lot of shopkeepers for money because im in the theives guild! I have over 175k and a 50k and a 110k sword and all kinds of really expensive armor like daedric graves and lords mail.

davidx
06-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Hmmm....

A bounty on 'me head, eh? Is that why everytime I stop and talk to a soldier they try and arrest me? Would that have never happened if I disposed of the corpses?

I'm in the fighters guild. It's just a front though. I'm a hardcore serial killer/theif. I'm planning a huge heist at the Armor shop in Balmora (behind the counter there's the really expensive $hit laying on the ground).

X:cool:

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Yep. If you want to get rid of the bounty free go to south wall in balmora. the guy behind the bar will free you of your bounty for free( as long as u drop money on ground before talking to him). I already robbed the balmora armorer blind,then after i got to a higher level and found Umbra(my sword) then i killed the guard and the shopkeeper. David a neat trick is you keep taunting someone and they will attack you,then you can kill them and get away with it because they hit you first. I just started doing that a few days ago and it helps a lot. And you were saying that that stuff behind the counter is worth a lot you should see some stuff later in the game. If your lucky you can find items worth 100+k!

davidx
06-23-2002, 04:18 AM
100K+ weapons? Ohhhh my gawd!
Thanks for the tip regarding the bounty & taunting...I had no idea!

This game keeps getting better!

How do you rob the armor dude blind? Doesn't the guard chase you if you go back in? (He keeps kicking my ass).

david

PS - One more question (that's it, I promise), how can I manage to wear heavy armor? Is it just my 'ability' that needs work? I always topple over in battle.

Tkf5000
06-23-2002, 09:14 AM
If you dont want toget knockedover when u get hit by warhammers and axes and other big weapons work on your agility. I personally think u shold use the armpr your best with. Heavy fatigues you fast but protets you good,medium gives you medium everything, and light armor gives u bad protection and doesnt drain a lot of fatique. And david if you want to rob the store do that. Then you run to south wallin balmora and talkto the bartender about "price on your head". he will take your bounty off and you can now walk around freely withought a bounty. And the guy is glitched. Before talking to him drop all your money on the ground and he will remove your bounty for free. cool eh? And i dont care ask me all the questions you want, doesnt bother me.

John002
06-23-2002, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the great tips
:)

BlindSniper
06-23-2002, 01:14 PM
when i resisted arrest with my little daggger :D, people with this game know what fate came before me.

davidx
06-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Mr. Tkf5000,

I love how you can taunt & then kill legally! That rocks! However, since my bounty's been lifted everyone likes me again...except guards. They STILL try to arrest me! What's up with that?

Questions galore:
-How many guilds have you joined? I'm with two (is there a limit?)
-How can I break into houses that are locked? I own the 'masters' lockpick, but it still doesn't work! Is there a system to unlocking doors?
-If (and when) I rob the armor guy blind, will he and his guard attack me next time I enter the store? I'm such a chicken, not to mention the armor guy's axe packs a mean punch!

thanks (you the man)
X
:cool:

Alien
06-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Mr. Tkf5000,

I love how you can taunt & then kill legally! That rocks! However, since my bounty's been lifted everyone likes me again...except guards. They STILL try to arrest me! What's up with that?

Questions galore:
-How can I break into houses that are locked? I own the 'masters' lockpick, but it still doesn't work! Is there a system to unlocking doors?
-If (and when) I rob the armor guy blind, will he and his guard attack me next time I enter the store? I'm such a chicken, not to mention the armor guy's axe packs a mean punch!

thanks (you the man)
X

1- I have joined the Marog Tong, Thief's Guild, Blades, and House Hlaalu.

2- You break into them with spells or lockpicks. You need good 'Security' which is an Attribute. Real easy to get into them.

3- I don't know about that one, I try to stay unnoticed while stealing...

dragonx87
06-23-2002, 06:39 PM
how do you join the morang tong. i cant find that guy they told me to look for in order to join? also, i cant kill that wizard guy by the ruins when you first cross the bridge. i am also havin a hard time gaining levels. i can unlock doors pretty easy cause i was born under the tower sign. it lets me unlock doors and chests that are 50 pts and up. i find alot of goodies. i found this one gem that was worth 6500 bucks. i havent sold it yet though. no one has enough money to buy it from me. lol:cool: peace. X

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 08:31 AM
Mr. Tkf5000,

Questions galore:

thanks (you the man)
X
1.No guild limit-im in like 7 guilds, u can only join 1 great house tho
2.you can get a ondhis scroll of unhinging or get trained for opening doors. Dont try opening doors more than lvl thirty now.
3.Next time u enter the store he WILL attack you unless you get the bounty off your head (bartender at south wall will for free)

David, i personally think you should become a vampire. That way you will be able to do a lot more. I became one last night. That way you can steal all u want and u can out run\jump the guard and you might even be able to kill them. Then you will have a lot of money but you will need to find the cure to vampirism, check the book titled "Vampires Of Vanderfell,Volume II" it will tell you where to find the cure if you ever become one.

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by dragonx87
how do you join the morang tong. i cant find that guy they told me to look for in order to join? also, i cant kill that wizard guy by the ruins when you first cross the bridge. i am also havin a hard time gaining levels. i can unlock doors pretty easy cause i was born under the tower sign. it lets me unlock doors and chests that are 50 pts and up. i find alot of goodies. i found this one gem that was worth 6500 bucks. i havent sold it yet though. no one has enough money to buy it from me. lol:cool: peace. X
Theres only one person (or should i say crab) that has more than 6500 in the game just to tell you. I belive to join morag tong you need to go to the redoran town Ald Ruhn. There is a base in the giant crab shell mansion place.

John002
06-24-2002, 05:24 PM
When I taunt people they don't attack me. They say I'm not worth killing.
what's with that?

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by John002
When I taunt people they don't attack me. They say I'm not worth killing.
what's with that?
Just keep taunting. Its easier to taunt if their disposition is up. Bribe them money (u will get all of it back after the fight,if u win) then taunt them that way it will be easier. Hope that helps.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 05:55 PM
taunting only works if your personility and speechcraft are really high.

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 06:07 PM
my personality is 30. my speechcraft is 17.i can do it. well before i came a vmpire i could.

John002
06-24-2002, 06:21 PM

Just keep taunting. Its easier to taunt if their disposition is up. Bribe them money (u will get all of it back after the fight,if u win) then taunt them that way it will be easier. Hope that helps.

Bribe them and taunt them at the same time? Won't they be confused? I am?:confused:

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Its easier to taunt them. Taunting isnt about lowering disposition. its about getting a certain number of taunts(i belive 4 seccesful taunts will make them attack). And its easier to taunt when their disposition is high. its kinda confusing butits hard to explain in words. and it also gets up your speechcraft skill in the process. cant go wrong there.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 09:37 PM
My speechcraft is around 50 soemthing and my personality is over 100...109 if I remember correctly.

davidx
06-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the tips! Where do I join the Vampire Guild? I really need to join a new crew 'cause everywhere I go I'm labelled as a theif (not great for my self-esteem!)

3 more questions,
-What's the use of the probe? It's worth dough, but I have no idea where to use it.

-Who buys moon-sugar?
-When a shopkeeper/trader/outfitter runs out of money does he get some back? My outfitter is broke and I'm contemplating whether or not he should live to see another day!

thanks dudes

ScorpionX
06-24-2002, 10:39 PM

-What's the use of the probe? It's worth dough, but I have no idea where to use it.

A probe is used to disarm traps on locked things. You will see the word trapped under a lock and you need a probe to disarm the trap.

davidx
06-25-2002, 05:39 AM
...interesting...
I'm amazed by my lack of brains.

Anybody found treasure yet? ('X' spots on map).

John002
06-25-2002, 05:50 AM
Its easier to taunt them. Taunting isnt about lowering disposition. its about getting a certain number of taunts(i belive 4 seccesful taunts will make them attack). And its easier to taunt when their disposition is high. its kinda confusing butits hard to explain in words. and it also gets up your speechcraft skill in the process. cant go wrong there.

I'm going to give it a try today. Thanks

:)

khaos2005
06-25-2002, 11:15 AM
I was very happy when I killed this guy near Ebonheart. I ended up picking up the Lord's Mail, which is worth 190000 drakes. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get money for it.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 12:04 PM
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the tips! Where do I join the Vampire Guild? I really need to join a new crew 'cause everywhere I go I'm labelled as a theif (not great for my self-esteem!)

3 more questions,

-Who buys moon-sugar?
-When a shopkeeper/trader/outfitter runs out of money does he get some back? My outfitter is broke and I'm contemplating whether or not he should live to see another day!

thanks dudes
There are no vampire "guilds", they are caled "bloodlines". You are bitten by a vamire of a bloodline and that is who you belong to ou dont choose. You mus complete the firs bloodline uest to join the bloodline even though you join a bloodline. There are 3 bloodlines Aude or sumtin(mages),Quarra(thats what i am, warriors)and Berne(theives). A probe lts u detrap a chest\door. Not many people buy moon sugar because as you know its a drug. Your shpkeepers restock on money eery 24 hours. Hpe thathelps. im ready for another long ist of qustions.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 12:09 PM
I was very happy when I killed this guy near Ebonheart. I ended up picking up the Lord's Mail, which is worth 190000 drakes. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get money for it.
No shopkeeprs have that kind of money. The person with the most is the talking mudcrab merchant and he has 10k and second is creeper the talking scamp and he has 5k. You can get the money still. You sell the lords mail and you keep taking items from the shopkepr unil the price is right. then u sleep 24 hours and sel th stuff you got back to him.its had to say in words. And tat redoran guy u killed in the cave u have to g thru underwater entrnce or thru the secret wall tht has thelords mail, make sure you get his sword its worth 10k but it binds into a really good sword (is one handed long blade)

davidx
06-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Dudes...

What's the best way to earn a ton of cash quick? Any guilds known to pay big bucks?
I spent 15K on an enchanted ring (opens sh1t), and now I'm broke!

symposiumx
07-01-2002, 12:02 PM

If I start out in Ebonheart...how exactly do I get to that "soon to be killed by me" guy with the Lord's Mail?

detailed directions if possible!! (I get lost in my own closet) ;)

Tkf5000
07-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Dudes...

What's the best way to earn a ton of cash quick? Any guilds known to pay big bucks?
I spent 15K on an enchanted ring (opens sh1t), and now I'm broke!

Sell expensive stuff like armor. And imperial legion gives you armor as you rise in ranks and if u get far eniugh u get good stuff like lords mail worth 110k.