PDA

View Full Version : my xbox purchase..

Kev Van Dam
06-08-2002, 03:51 PM
This is what I'm gettin on the day of when i buy my XBOX...

** X-box console(duh)
** RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV)
** 2 Extra Controllers (24$ each from circrutcity)
** Halo(As all you guys say its the best game out so I must get
that game)
**RalliSport Challenge(I love racing games and u guys say its the
best one out)

How is that? is that good or should i change a game or something?
Hit it up?

:) :eek: :cool:

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Kev Van Dam

You do not need a RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV), it comes with it!!

Crazy Joe
06-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

You do not need a RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV), it comes with it!!

no it doesn't, it comes with A/V cables, if you have an old tv without A/V plugs, you need to get an RF adaptor

Xtopia
06-08-2002, 03:58 PM

No it doesn't...stop giving away false info.

If you have an old tv, he MUST buy an RF adapter...

Kev Van Dam, I also reccomend Morrowind. It is a great RPG!

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Oh, I dont know these kind of things!!

Xtopia
06-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

no it doesn't, it comes with A/V cables, if you have an old tv without A/V plugs, you need to get an RF adaptor

You beat me to it...LoL

Xtopia
06-08-2002, 04:00 PM

Its okay, I was just letting ya know.;)

I have a question though, why do you always put two exclamation marks at the end of everything you say? It is kinda wierd...

Kev Van Dam
06-08-2002, 04:14 PM
i do have a new tv though i have the A/V cables in front of the tv i just dont wanna use em' cause its in front of the tv and the Xbox and the wires will be infront of the tv and it will look messy in front if i would have the A/V wires from the xbox infront of the tv i also have a pair in the back but thats hooked up w/ my DVD player..

Hmmm....

What if I put the Xbox in the living room(as planned) but take out the dvd player and put it back into my room(as it was before my grandma died :'( then we put it in the living room) and since the xbox plays dvds lol I can make that as the Dvd for the living room ..ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I can do it the other way around b/c my tv has the A/V hook ups in the back(mine has 2 white, 2 red, and 1 yellow hole for the A/V hoooks up in back of my tv) so then I can use the xbox as my dvd player for my TV hmmm...which is idea is better??

The first or 2nd.....?

Crazy Joe
06-08-2002, 04:18 PM
i do have a new tv though i have the A/V cables in front of the tv i just dont wanna use em' cause its in front of the tv and the Xbox and the wires will be infront of the tv and it will look messy in front if i would have the A/V wires from the xbox infront of the tv i also have a pair in the back but thats hooked up w/ my DVD player..

Hmmm....

What if I put the Xbox in the living room(as planned) but take out the dvd player and put it back into my room(as it was before my grandma died :'( then we put it in the living room) and since the xbox plays dvds lol I can make that as the Dvd for the living room ..ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I can do it the other way around b/c my tv has the A/V hook ups in the back(mine has 2 white, 2 red, and 1 yellow hole for the A/V hoooks up in back of my tv) so then I can use the xbox as my dvd player for my TV hmmm...which is idea is better??

The first or 2nd.....?

not sure, but can't you put the Xbox through your DVD player, doesn't your DVD player have A/V input plugs?

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 04:21 PM

Hmmm....

The first or 2nd.....?

Okay, Isee what ypu mean!

Kev Van Dam
06-08-2002, 04:23 PM

not sure, but can't you put the Xbox through your DVD player, doesn't your DVD player have A/V input plugs?

im using those A/V input plugs in the dvd player for my dvd player lol......the A/V plugs are plugedinto the dvd and the back of hte tv for the DVD player to work lol?!

Kev Van Dam
06-08-2002, 06:37 PM

im using those A/V input plugs in the dvd player for my dvd player lol......the A/V plugs are plugedinto the dvd and the back of hte tv for the DVD player to work lol?!

DBXNY
06-08-2002, 08:36 PM

Most DVD players (if not all) don't have A/V inputs, only outputs.

Kev,

Maybe it's time to invest in a A/V surround receiver. It'll take care of your input woes and give even better sound from your X-box. FYI, you're really degrading the picture and audio quality by using an RF input.

E-Vader
06-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Has the back of the TV got S-Video, Composite (I think thats right the red, blue and green plugs) or Scart, if so then use one of them, You will have to get the advanced or HD pack for your Xbox though. This will give you a much better picture.

But like DBXNY stated get a A/V reciever and make sure it has fibre optic support then you can play Halo in its Dolby Digital glory.

Plewis
06-08-2002, 08:59 PM
I personally like Project Gotham Racing better than Rallisport... sure it lacks a little bit in the graphics department... not much... I really like the graphics, but it has a lot more depth in my opinion

GRAVEDIGGER
06-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
I personally like Project Gotham Racing better than Rallisport... sure it lacks a little bit in the graphics department... not much... I really like the graphics, but it has a lot more depth in my opinion

I see where you're coming from there Plewis, i too prefer PGR as oposed to Rallisport. I find PGR a lot more fun that Rallisport. I have both games but i play PGR a bit more than i do RS.

Untill next time...:mad:

Frostberg
06-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Then why give advice that you dont even know to be truthful? Someone might actually listen to you and get the wrong thing!

hook-worm J
06-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY
FYI, you're really degrading the picture and audio quality by using an RF input.

Its true, thats what I would be worried about. Not the cluttered look by plugging the AV cables in the front of the TV.

Frostberg
06-08-2002, 11:14 PM
for like a week I had to use RF and it SUCKED! Colors were terrible...nothing looked clean and it didnt even look good...mmm component is so lovely now...

SpartanSniper
06-10-2002, 04:34 AM
This is what I'm gettin on the day of when i buy my XBOX...

** X-box console(duh)
** 2 Extra Controllers (24$ each from circrutcity)
** Halo(As all you guys say its the best game out so I must get
that game)
**RalliSport Challenge(I love racing games and u guys say its the
best one out)

How is that? is that good or should i change a game or something?
Hit it up?

As long as you get Halo, you are good to go.

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Ninja's Xbox goodies:

Xbox console

2 controllers (one is Controller S, only I use dat one!)

DVD Playback kit

8 games

1. Halo
2. DOA3
3. Hunter: The Reckoning
4. Spider-Man
5. Max Lame
6. Genma Onimusha
7. Gunvalkyrie
8. WWF RAW
:)

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
for like a week I had to use RF and it SUCKED! Colors were terrible...nothing looked clean and it didnt even look good...mmm component is so lovely now...

ewww!
so basically it looked like jaggy ps2 games!

peace

Frostberg
06-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

ewww!
so basically it looked like jaggy ps2 games!

peace
No, different input methods dont Anti Alias your picture...for some reason people tend to think a better connection will make the picture less jaggy...I dont know why...better input methods make a much cleaner picture, as in better, more vibrant and lifelike colors, as well as crystal clear text and such. Things get "blurred" when they have to travel through one wire on the back of each other...

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

No, different input methods dont Anti Alias your picture...for some reason people tend to think a better connection will make the picture less jaggy...I dont know why...better input methods make a much cleaner picture, as in better, more vibrant and lifelike colors, as well as crystal clear text and such. Things get "blurred" when they have to travel through one wire on the back of each other... ooooo

dont have to get all technical on me..
i was just insulting the ps2!

peace

Nerrad529
06-10-2002, 06:08 PM
If you have a vcr you can plug it into that instead of buying the cables. Cause I bought the cables then figured another way to hook it up without them. So I took the extra cables back waste of 20 dollars. Definately buy Halo and the racing games it's too close for me too call.

DBXNY
06-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Nerrad529
If you have a vcr you can plug it into that instead of buying the cables. Cause I bought the cables then figured another way to hook it up without them. So I took the extra cables back waste of 20 dollars. Definately buy Halo and the racing games it's too close for me too call.

As long as you don't plan on using DVD playback, that is.:)

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 06:49 PM
As long as you don't plan on using DVD playback, that is.:)
tru..
yo..
whats with your sig
" http://[/img] "

wtf?

peace

DBXNY
06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

whats with your sig
" http://[/img] "

wtf?

peace

I took it off because I made it wrong. I'm in the process of making another one, sir. :)

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 09:48 PM
I took it off because I made it wrong. I'm in the process of making another one, sir. :)
oh..
ok!
lol...i was like ...wtf?!

peace