PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Fires and the victim RESPONDS!!

faceoff508
06-08-2002, 05:11 PM
It’s been revealed that, since the price cut in Japan, the Xbox has been selling almost twice as well as Nintendo’s GameCube. Although the weekly sales of 6,500 consoles is still relatively small compared to Sony’s massive 50,000 a week, this is certainly a step in the right direction for the console, which has struggled to find its place in the Japanese market. Currently there are no Xbox games in the top 50 Japanese sales charts, but with Metal Gear Solid Substance, Dead Or Alive Extreme Volleyball, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Phantasy Star Online 2 all in Japan’s top ten most wanted games at E3, things are certainly looking bright for the future. And with the Xbox Live Broadband service launching in time for Christmas, the Xbox truly is becoming a machine that videogame players can’t be without.
Written by Keith Edwards

http://www.totalgames.net/news/newsfull.epml?news.REF=1545&newsFormat.REF=11&newsType.REF=1

monkeyman
06-08-2002, 05:39 PM
WOOH GO XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORROWIND WHICH I BETTER BE GETTING SOON OR ELSE:mad:

Slacker
06-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Thats Rad E3 helped I bet Steel Batallion will sell xbox's Really Fast in Japan , it's just right up thier Gaming culture's Alley, well we won't know until Aug 22 when it's relleased in Japan, anyway that site the article is on is a good gaming site , I never heard of it before thanks for posting

El Gaucho Goof
06-08-2002, 06:16 PM
I would like to point out several factors not that I'm a spoil sport or anything:

1)The sales for both consoles are still pretty crappy when compared to the PS2.

2)I don't believe the Cube has released a new game in the last 2-3 weeks.

3)I don't know if it happened but there is an expected Cube price drop.

4)Barring any of their usual delays, July should belong to Nintendo as much as people may want you to believe it, sequels are a big thing in Japan so watch when Super Mario Sunshine is released.

5)Xbox launched with DOA 3 and did that help sales much?

6)You can get PSO on the GCN now well atleast for beta.

Xbox Owner
06-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
It’s been revealed that, since the price cut in Japan, the Xbox has been selling almost twice as well as Nintendo’s GameCube. Although the weekly sales of 6,500 consoles is still relatively small compared to Sony’s massive 50,000 a week, this is certainly a step in the right direction for the console, which has struggled to find its place in the Japanese market. Currently there are no Xbox games in the top 50 Japanese sales charts, but with Metal Gear Solid Substance, Dead Or Alive Extreme Volleyball, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Phantasy Star Online 2 all in Japan’s top ten most wanted games at E3, things are certainly looking bright for the future. And with the Xbox Live Broadband service launching in time for Christmas, the Xbox truly is becoming a machine that videogame players can’t be without.
Written by Keith Edwards

http://www.totalgames.net/news/newsfull.epml?news.REF=1545&newsFormat.REF=11&newsType.REF=1

w00t w00t!!!

EHWfedPres
06-09-2002, 10:26 PM
The PS2 is not selling more systems right now than the Xbox...just more games. And probably 3 or 4 of those games I played so much at my friends houses that i got sick of them...Xbox has better games, but not as many. But having a huge selection of watery crap is worse than having a small selection of prime turds...

Frostberg
06-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Ohhh yeah we have some prime shi* alright!

GRAVEDIGGER
06-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Good post. Its always great news to hear that the XBOX is excelling.

Untill next time...:mad:

Frostberg
06-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I sure hope Xbox Live does extremely well so there will be many Xboxes to come...

Rusted Gundam
06-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Yea, g00d work for the XBox.. Move aside Gamecube, The big mean black machine is making its way in a 2 lane road.

On a side note.. I cant wait untill That DoA Extreme Vollyball game comes out.. Im almost as hyped about that as Project Ego!! I cant wait for it and PE, Oh yea Mario Sunshine belongs up there also. I love the COLORFUL levels, all bright makes you feel warm and fuzzy :0):confused:

Nerrad529
06-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Xbox all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ps2 is junk gamecube is ok Nerrad529

SpartanSniper
06-10-2002, 04:05 AM
Xbox Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool: :cool: :cool:

~ SpartanSniper

Spaztic
06-10-2002, 10:38 AM
the reason the xbox is selling more the the gamecube:
You can burn xbox games.

EHWfedPres
06-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Only with a dvd burner...but thats like 1k, so you can buy to games for that much, possibly more games...

Hugh_Jass
06-10-2002, 11:29 AM
You can get a PC DVD burner for under $300.

Spaztic
06-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Only with a dvd burner...but thats like 1k, so you can buy to games for that much, possibly more games...

Like Hugh_Jass said, you can get a dvd burner for about $300. I saw a pioneer a03 for $250 the other day. and besides alot of ports and smaller games fit on cd-r's, that run with the mod chip!

Frostberg
06-10-2002, 11:57 AM
I still haven't heard much about burning Xbox games...so people have got past the copy protection? I have seen the mod chips online but I'm not going to risk my xbox with that 29 wire installation...

Stiffy
06-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
the reason the xbox is selling more the the gamecube:
You can burn xbox games.

I would hope that this isn't the solitary reason why the Xbox is selling more consoles than the Gamecube.