PDA

View Full Version : I Am Sick Of Sports Game



Cannibal Corpse
06-09-2002, 01:31 AM
XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance. I am sick and tired of seeing all the NFLS, BLITZS, SNOW, SKATE BORADING title...
If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)...Simulating stupid WWF Characters (RED NECKS), SKATEBOARD Junkies, BMX freaks...

No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe. Oh don't even mention AZURIK, HUNTER, SHREK, they are the scum of gaming examples that other consoles developers should avoid at all costs...

Xbox Owner
06-09-2002, 08:51 AM
What are you smoking?! Sports games rock! If you want a system that doesn't have sports games, your not going to get one! Man, I don't think you have a XBox, your just a PS2 or GC fanboy! Haha, and to borrow this from some one else:

http://manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/stfu_arh.jpg

BCan
06-09-2002, 09:06 AM
I think that you will see the higher quality games for the XBOX still to come, as games like SW: KotOR, Galaxies, Blinx, etc all come to light and show what the XBOX can do.

At the moment, I think it is meant for the US market to get all these sports games out there for the summer....

Lethaldose12
06-09-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance. I am sick and tired of seeing all the NFLS, BLITZS, SNOW, SKATE BORADING title...
If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)...Simulating stupid WWF Characters (RED NECKS), SKATEBOARD Junkies, BMX freaks...

No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe. Oh don't even mention AZURIK, HUNTER, SHREK, they are the scum of gaming examples that other consoles developers should avoid at all costs...

I know what u are talkin bout but dont understand what you mean when you say " If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life " Not everyone can just go outside and become Tony hawk or allen iverson, Im not gonna go out there and all of a sudden and have the speed and hands of randy moss. I dont think there is any wrong with haveing a lot of sport games. Why play racing games rthen? y dont u just go out and race " REAL cars"

Xbox Owner
06-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Lethaldose12


I know what u are talkin bout but dont understand what you mean when you say " If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life " Not everyone can just go outside and become Tony hawk or allen iverson, Im not gonna go out there and all of a sudden and have the speed and hands of randy moss. I dont think there is any wrong with haveing a lot of sport games. Why play racing games rthen? y dont u just go out and race " REAL cars"

Yeah! I agree. I mean, they're for fun, just like all other games. Your saying, go play real sports, then why have Halo, just go out and go kill aliens..

Lethaldose12
06-09-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by XBox Owner


Yeah! I agree. I mean, they're for fun, just like all other games. Your saying, go play real sports, then why have Halo, just go out and go kill aliens..

LOL kill aliens

Lethaldose12
06-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Lethaldose12


LOL kill aliens

The sad thing is that u could go out and kill illegal aliens and then blame video games for it and get off on the charges in this country. Everythings is screwed up in this country. I live in the USA

Xbox Owner
06-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Lethaldose12


The sad thing is that u could go out and kill illegal aliens and then blame video games for it and get off on the charges in this country. Everythings is screwed up in this country. I live in the USA

haha, i know..ecspecially my grandma she won't let me like buy a T rated game..im going to go kill some one...:rolleyes: :D

dave_m123
06-09-2002, 11:23 AM
I was never a big racing/sports fan before i got the Xbox but i got into Project Gotham a lot so im betting i could get into some sports game to. Deathrow does look the most exciting game though for sports :D. Will most likley like that because it has violence in :D.

robnyack
06-09-2002, 11:59 AM
sports games rule, bro.


you know what games do suck? FIGHTING GAMES!!! Damn, I am so glad they have run their course. For a while there, it seemed like every other game was a fighting game. SUCKED!

I think there is only one on xbox (DOA3), right? I know more are in the works, and that's fine, but, please game developers let these duds rest in peace. Put out a real good one every once in a while and leave it at that. :)

Lethaldose12
06-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
sports games rule, bro.


you know what games do suck? FIGHTING GAMES!!! Damn, I am so glad they have run their course. For a while there, it seemed like every other game was a fighting game. SUCKED!

I think there is only one on xbox (DOA3), right? I know more are in the works, and that's fine, but, please game developers let these duds rest in peace. Put out a real good one every once in a while and leave it at that. :)

I know i hated fighting games. They are so boring and pointless. I use to like them but that was back in the days of the first street fighter and mortal kombat. Now i hate them!

Belt Fed
06-09-2002, 12:33 PM
yea there is a lot of sports games. they need to come up with more fps and rts games. BTW what is with that jet set wtf ever that game is. i hate that digimon pokibutt animee jap crap speed racer type cartoon games and stuff. gotta go NASCAR IS ON!!!!!! Pocono baby!!!!!!!!!

Slacker
06-09-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah Cannibal Corpse , sports games mostly suck, but Tony Hawk rules , mostly because I can Rip my own Sound Track and listen to Bands Like Cannibal Corpse while I play Tony Hawk on my Xbox, but I think you should go to some sites like , Ign.com and Totalgames.com and look at Xbox previews with games like Strident,Splinter Cell,..ect coming out

Whats your Favorite Cannbal Corpse Album Anyway???

faceoff508
06-09-2002, 12:42 PM
WHAT!! Sports games are fun! And its good to see that the Xbox has good ones!

Kooster
06-09-2002, 12:48 PM
This is funny because just the other day my cousin was complaining about how many sports games the PS2 had and wanted to buy an xbox. :rolleyes: There may be a lot of sports games out for xbox, but if u dont like them, u dont have to play them. there are many great non-sport games out right now. ask me if u want me to list them. im very happy w/ xbox's games now, and will be overwhelmed w/ them in the future when project ego, kotor, unreal championship, MGS2S, etc. come out. i dont know y ur complaining.http://atypically.net/smilies/shrug.gif

Casper
06-10-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance.
If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe.

WTF?? Ya know, I play sports (soccer and baseball at the collegiate level) and I still love to play games on the Box. If you don't like the games, then keep it to yourself and don't read about the games.

This has to get the "Moronic Post of the Year" award :o

Games are not supposed to be fun? In a sense that you could do things that are not possible in real life? ummm...since I know I am reading that right, then what is the sense of having a video game? I don't know man, I think that you just had a little bit too much to drink when you posted this man.....cuz u have overstepped some boundries here.....

peace

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance. I am sick and tired of seeing all the NFLS, BLITZS, SNOW, SKATE BORADING title...
If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)...Simulating stupid WWF Characters (RED NECKS), SKATEBOARD Junkies, BMX freaks...

No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe. Oh don't even mention AZURIK, HUNTER, SHREK, they are the scum of gaming examples that other consoles developers should avoid at all costs...

You are probably sick of sports games because you suck at em yo!:D

JJaX
06-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll


You are probably sick of sports games because you suck at em yo!:D

Thats not the only thing he's suckin...........

If you dont like them dont play them.....

true theres a difference between playing for real or playing on a system. But its kinda hard to get 20 heads together on a weekday night for some drunken late night football. Plus the neighbors made me take down my stadium lights, there dog kept barking at it through out the night. So ill just pop in madden and just chill.

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by JJaX


Thats not the only thing he's suckin...........

If you dont like them dont play them.....

true theres a difference between playing for real or playing on a system. But its kinda hard to get 20 heads together on a weekday night for some drunken late night football. Plus the neighbors made me take down my stadium lights, there dog kept barking at it through out the night. So ill just pop in madden and just chill.

Yo nephew, I was wit yo until you blew my high with your Madden comment.:(
Kid, you better go cop da 2K joints! Ninja owns best homie!:)

EHWfedPres
06-10-2002, 11:29 AM
If your sick of sports games, dont play them. If your sick of seeing them, dont look at them...but dont waste our time whining and complaining, because it's not my turn to feel sorry for you.

guitargod711
06-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Sports games are the NO. 1 reason I bought the Xbox. Sports games rock.

Spaztic
06-10-2002, 11:31 AM
I personally like sports games, If you don't that is the freedom of choice, and you don't have to play them! But devoting a post on what you don't like is retarded like this thread!

EHWfedPres
06-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Most sports games suck, but Midway's games kick áss...NHL Hitz and NFL Blitz are amazing games and anybody will have fun beating the crap outta the other guy. Even NBA Hangtime on N64 was great, and I hate every sport but hockey.


Anyone interested in the game Deathrow?

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Most sports games suck, but Midway's games kick áss...NHL Hitz and NFL Blitz are amazing games and anybody will have fun beating the crap outta the other guy. Even NBA Hangtime on N64 was great, and I hate every sport but hockey.


Anyone interested in the game Deathrow?

I beg to differ that comment EHW! Sega is king of the sports gerne. I rank Midway along with sorry ass developers like Acclaim who's name is long for Lame.
Just Ninja's opinion,.. and we all know mine means everthing!:D

JJaX
06-10-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll


I beg to differ that comment EHW! Sega is king of the sports gerne. I rank Midway along with sorry ass developers like Acclaim who's name is long for Lame.
Just Ninja's opinion,.. and we all know mine means everthing!:D

Agreed, Midway makes sports games for a cheap thrill. There not really meant for being a sports simulator. But any ways, Ninja you think Sega 2k2 is king? I had it on DC and it ****ed me off that every tackle was weak as hell and the sound effects are always the same. Plus when ever someone would spin you would just bouce of them you really didnt spin around them. I hate that s4it.

Ninja Scroll
06-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JJaX


Agreed, Midway makes sports games for a cheap thrill. There not really meant for being a sports simulator. But any ways, Ninja you think Sega 2k2 is king? I had it on DC and it ****ed me off that every tackle was weak as hell and the sound effects are always the same. Plus when ever someone would spin you would just bouce of them you really didnt spin around them. I hate that s4it.

LOL, I think your confusing 2K2 for 2K & 2K1 homie! Visual Concepts corrected it in 2K2 yo! And yes, I feel Sega is the end all be all of sports titles.
Tennis, you know their is no compo in that department. Same with Baseball. All the online and magazine reviewers are all claiming WSB on Xbox is the greatest since the last and only good baseball game ever.
You know what that is? WSB on Sega Saturn.

And I dont know no one in their right minds who feels their is something better at basketball games than Sega. EA? Please, they rehash everything and the kitchen sink!!:rolleyes:

JJaX
06-10-2002, 12:58 PM
I didnt know sega addressed those issues. Ill see if i can find it to rent it.

guitargod711
06-10-2002, 03:17 PM
I agree with ninja. Sega is king of sports games and in my opinion they keep getting better and better. I purchased WSB for Xbox and let me tell you, it's one bad a$$ game of baseball. The graphics rock and are the best of any baseball game to date.Sega's football games are also top notch along with basketball and tennis.:cool:


Sega went up to EA, punched them in the face and ripped the crown right off their heads!!!

johnstorm83
06-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Is there any option on the forums that prevents verbal **** from being tossed about like a childs playtoy?


The point of video games is to have fun.


That's the main factor in any game, they want the player to have fun.

Personally Im not a fan of the shooters and rpg's. And the fact that not all of us who play sports will ever see professional levels, we do it because it's fun.


So basically Cannibal, you're basically in here to cause arguments for which you have no basis for initiation other than to complain because there's more sports fans than lets say, Halo or Unreal fans?

Before you try to hold a viable argument, be sure to have rebuttals for each point that you'll be challenged on.


Thanks for comin out.;)

sdmsilver
06-18-2002, 12:57 PM
sport games are awesome it would kind of be hard to play a real sport when its raining dont u think so u play them on the system