PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham Racing 2

wweomaniac
06-09-2002, 05:06 PM
I dunno... I think IGN is getting ready for the inevitable.
http://xbox.ign.com/objects/482/482233.html

What does tentative mean?

Plewis
06-09-2002, 05:11 PM
i wish it had more stuff about it... but we all knew it was coming... its on the xbox live list.... which'll now include Halo!:cool:

faceoff508
06-09-2002, 05:18 PM
ten·ta·tive Pronunciation Key (tnt-tv)
adj.
1.Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.
2.Uncertain; hesitant.

wweomaniac
06-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
ten·ta·tive Pronunciation Key (tnt-tv)
adj.
1.Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.
2.Uncertain; hesitant.
damn... they should change it to confirmed, because that would make me feel happier. Well, we haev Sega GT 2002 coming anyways... is that XBOX live compatible?

Liquid Gears
06-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Thank God, I just heard of this. I was thinking about going out to buy the first PGR. But, now that PGR2 is coming out why waste the cash. I don't care about the wait, there's no rush. Well, except for in the game, Lol. I know for a fact the second one will kick more @$$ then the first.:cool:

E-Xbox
06-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Thank God, I just heard of this. I was thinking about going out to buy the first PGR. But, now that PGR2 is coming out why waste the cash. I don't care about the wait, there's no rush. Well, except for in the game, Lol. I know for a fact the second one will kick more @$$ then the first.:cool:
just buy pgr man..
its worth it..
i dont usually get racing games..
as this was a gift..
i thought i wouldnt like it..
then i got it..and its a really really sweet game...
and its hard...so if u get it now..u might be able to finish it by the time pgr 2 comes out...if and when it comes out..

peace

wweomaniac
06-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
hold on... remember this is tentative. ign is jsut getting ahead of itself.

BUY SEGA GT 2002. It will be better than pgr.

Liquid Gears
06-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Forget it guys. I'm buying Test Drive on release , this game will kick every racing games @$$. Except for Rallisport Challenge, which is the next game I'm getting right after Test Drive. I might get PGR, only if there aren't any good games coming out in the next few months. Will see.......but for now I'm getting the two best racing games ever made. Sorry, I'm very picky about my games. I only get the best of the best. :cool:

Nerrad529
06-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Good game their should be a sequal. You made me hungry with that mcdonald's add in their.

Frostberg
06-09-2002, 07:04 PM
Well, we all know there will be a PGR Live, which is already confirmed...so wouldnt that be like PGR 2?

ShannonX
06-09-2002, 07:53 PM
i think what they are saying is that the name is "tentative" not the game. A second game (new version thats xbox live compatible, or could just be an addon) is confirmed, but the name might not be.

BoilingPoint
06-09-2002, 08:14 PM
I've been playing my way through PGR for the last three weeks (only recently got an xbox). Love to see what they could do with a sequel. Will it be the GT3 killer we've all been waiting for?
Having said that Saga2002 is shaping up nicely. Maybe by the end of the year there will be two GT3 killer games available for the xbox. :) Happy Days....

Liquid Gears
06-09-2002, 08:18 PM
Man, I haven't seen anything on this Sega GT 2002 and I have gotta be one of the biggest racing fans out there. How the heII did I miss this one. What's a good site to go check it out at?:cool:

BoilingPoint
06-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Just have a hunt around at GameSpot (or something similar), in the xbox/preview section. You can't miss it. LOL :)

Liquid Gears
06-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BoilingPoint
Just have a hunt around at GameSpot (or something similar), in the xbox/preview section. You can't miss it. LOL :)

Done, did. Enh.........looks ok, pretty good. It's nothing compared to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. You just wait and see, every racing game will be ***** compared to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. It is the most realistic racing games I have ever seen. I am not kiding you, it looks fu*king amazing.:cool:

EHWfedPres
06-09-2002, 10:22 PM
PGR2...I dont really care at all. I didnt like the car handeling in the first PGR...the annoying screeching on the over-reacted powerslides...I just dont like it.

Now if Wreckless had free roam and multiplayer, it would blow PGR totally away in every category.

l Maximus l
06-10-2002, 01:50 AM
I heard that PGR is amazing with a racing wheel...Far better than using the XBox controller. I'm debating on picking a steering wheel up... :)

Hugh_Jass
06-10-2002, 07:33 AM
I refuse to buy a wheel until it supports force feedback.

Liquid Gears
06-10-2002, 10:45 AM
I would love to have a XBox racing wheel, but they cost way WAY to MUCH!!! To anyone that has one already, Is it worth it?

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
PGR2...I dont really care at all. I didnt like the car handeling in the first PGR...the annoying screeching on the over-reacted powerslides...I just dont like it.

Now if Wreckless had free roam and multiplayer, it would blow PGR totally away in every category.
i totally disagree!
wreckless sux compared to pgr..
and even if wreckless had mp and free roam..it would still be crappier then pgr

peace

tonymontana
06-16-2002, 01:59 AM
what counterstrike on xbox live? im gonna freak

E-Xbox
06-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by tonymontana
what counterstrike on xbox live? im gonna freak
yea man..
its gonna be sick..

peace

UnitedKingdom
06-21-2002, 08:40 AM
There is an article in the new oxm-uk which says they have official confirmation of pgr2. OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

wweomaniac
06-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
There is an article in the new oxm-uk which says they have official confirmation of pgr2. OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was inevitable in the first place. The confirmation is nothing unexpected.. just waiting for some more news on the game.

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I heard that PGR is amazing with a racing wheel...Far better than using the XBox controller. I'm debating on picking a steering wheel up... :)

really? sweet, i LOVE pgr. the only bad thing is that theres no lamborghinis. if they keep the ferraris, lotus's, and porsches, for the second pgr, and add some lamborghinis, im definitely buying it, lol. i thought that the handling in the first pgr is really good, it takes a while to get used to, but when u get used to it, youre really good at it. i gotta try out a wheel too, lol:D

ShannonX
06-21-2002, 09:08 PM
if we had a racing game with the graphics of wreckless (with realistc damage to other cars and maiming of people added) with the game play of a racing game we'd have the perfect game, at least in my humble opinion.

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 09:09 PM
lol, yea. pgr2 will probly have sweet graphics, pgr's graphics were awesome (the cars at least, the backgrounds were pretty weak).:D