PDA

View Full Version : Question for you mages

hardline28
06-10-2002, 12:19 AM
Ok a couple of questions.

1. It seems I am failing a lot on my first spells like heal and this hasnt happened till recently. Why do you fail more on the same spells you once casted with ease?

2. Can we teleport? How do we do it? Is there anything like recall on UO or anything like that?

3. Is there a spell that I can cast to help me see. This game is so dark and I have trouble seeing. I am sick of carrying a torch around as a light source.

Thanks dudes

My Generic signature

symposiumx
06-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by hardline28
Ok a couple of questions.

1. It seems I am failing a lot on my first spells like heal and this hasnt happened till recently. Why do you fail more on the same spells you once casted with ease?

2. Can we teleport? How do we do it? Is there anything like recall on UO or anything like that?

3. Is there a spell that I can cast to help me see. This game is so dark and I have trouble seeing. I am sick of carrying a torch around as a light source.

Thanks dudes

My Generic signature

1. I haven't experienced this problem with my mage. Are you saying, for example, that you use to cast "levitate" and had no problems, now you fail when you cast it at times?
hmmm...are youreally fatigued when you try casting? Have you lost intelligence, etc?

2. Yes. There is a "mark" spell (that marks a location), and a "recall" spell that teleports you to the "mark". (I am still trying to see if there is a way to have more than one "mark". I doubt it).

3. I believe the spell "night eye" casts an infarvision, or the like.

Dre
06-11-2002, 12:50 PM
If you go to the menu where all your spells are shown, the numbers at the end, say for example 6/90, signify a 6 pt magicka deduction with a 90% chance to cast for the spell. Now, as you use the school of magic associated with that spell, the 90 will lower. Also, as your fatigue increases (green bar gets lower), the 90 will increase. So anyhoo.. not much help.. just try using other spells from the same school of magic that you're having a hard time with and you'll eventually improve it. I couldn't cast levitate at the beginning and now I can but its still only 60% of the time.. slowly but surely increasing.

For quick travel, there are also Almsivi intervention and Divine Intervention available that will bring you to the closest temple.

And ya, there is a spell called Night-Eye that lights up stuff around you. I believe you can purchase it in Balmora (if not try Ald-Ruhn) mages guild.

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:02 PM
one question for alchemists....

why would anyone use a "skooma" pipe instead of an "alembic" to mix ingrediants? the quality of a skooma pipe is horrendous!!

does it have some (hidden) advantage?

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
one question for alchemists....

why would anyone use a "skooma" pipe instead of an "alembic" to mix ingrediants? the quality of a skooma pipe is horrendous!!

does it have some (hidden) advantage?
its for noobs who cant afford/steal the alembic yet . . . . just like the apprentice morder and pestle . . . y would u use that if u had the masters morder and pestle

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

its for noobs who cant afford/steal the alembic yet . . . . just like the apprentice morder and pestle . . . y would u use that if u had the masters morder and pestle

k..just making sure...I didnt wantto miss out on any cool effects (like it does: inteligence -10 , hallucinations and tripping out + 30)
hahahaaa

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

k..just making sure...I didnt wantto miss out on any cool effects (like it does: inteligence -10 , hallucinations and tripping out + 30)
hahahaaa

LoL that would be awsome my character would never part with his . . .

but i read this Q&A with one of the developers and the guy asked if any mushrooms in the game will have phycadelic properties but he said no . . . .

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

LoL that would be awsome my character would never part with his . . .

but i read this Q&A with one of the developers and the guy asked if any mushrooms in the game will have phycadelic properties but he said no . . . .

that's too bad....I guess my mage will have to rule out the possibility of making a spell called "purple haze" LOL

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 05:18 PM
on a more serious gameplay note....

what is the "most powerful spell that each of you mages has?"

i would say, for destruction, my most powerful would be a fireball that is exactly 40 damage with an area of effect of 40' radius *KaBOOM!!*

Dre
06-12-2002, 08:03 AM
I found out yesterday for the 1st time the true power of my wizard. I was in the council club in Balmora and I needed to kill everyone in the place. I thought what a perfect occasion to try out this new spell I've just created called Calaldum Blizzard. (frost 10-20 for 10 secs on 30ft around target). So... I place myself in the middle of the joint, cast my spell and turn to flee down the stairs to see what happens. Well.. inside of 5 secs there were 6 bodies laying all around the council club. There were bodies on the 2nd floor, the basement and the main floor. So my one spell killed 6 people for a cost of 67 magicka. Needless to say.. I reloaded the game a couple of times just to do it again and again... :)

symposiumx
06-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I found out yesterday for the 1st time the true power of my wizard. I was in the council club in Balmora and I needed to kill everyone in the place. I thought what a perfect occasion to try out this new spell I've just created called Calaldum Blizzard. (frost 10-20 for 10 secs on 30ft around target). So... I place myself in the middle of the joint, cast my spell and turn to flee down the stairs to see what happens. Well.. inside of 5 secs there were 6 bodies laying all around the council club. There were bodies on the 2nd floor, the basement and the main floor. So my one spell killed 6 people for a cost of 67 magicka. Needless to say.. I reloaded the game a couple of times just to do it again and again... :)

That was a nice move!! damn good thinking on your part.

Making new spells (and testing them out on poor s.o.b.'s) are the bread and butter of spellcasting in morrowind!!