PDA

View Full Version : where is your home in morrowind

silvertrace
06-10-2002, 01:24 PM
first i'd like to say that this game is intense.......i'm in awe of how addicting it is, its easily the best or second best game(halo) on the xbox

with that i'd like to know where everyone calls home, i killed the guy in the lighthouse in seyda keen and moved on in, its got plenty of storage space and a great view:eek:

i also killed a shop owner in vivec and took his place(after i sold all his stuff), this place is in the foreign quarter plaza and is 2 stories, the top floor being his empty store and the bottom floor being my 2nd home(save point)..........its got a fireplace and even more storage area, most importantly its got a comfortable bed:cool:

i might get a place in baldora but i'm not sure, thats where i'm based with the fighters and thiefs guild and casius(BLADES), but i'm just curious where everyone stays?

OppiumNitrates
06-10-2002, 01:33 PM
i killed some old dark elf in Seand Need(sp) and i store stuff there . . .

i also tried to take over the light house but it was still early and that guy kept killing me cauz i didnt have any potions to retore fateuige and he kept knocking me down and beating my level 1 ass . . . . but next time i go back to seand need hes mine. . . .

i plan on making a home from one of those houses north of Seand need and a east of Peliagel(sp) but i havne ventouroed there yet. . . .

JJaX
06-10-2002, 01:38 PM
I sleep in the woods and stuff. But when im near balmora i catch some rest in the fighters guild bunks.

silvertrace
06-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I sleep in the woods and stuff. But when im near balmora i catch some rest in the fighters guild bunks.

lame:rolleyes:

u better kill someone or break into some fools house:mad:

JJaX
06-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

lame:rolleyes:

u better kill someone or break into some fools house:mad:

Please homie, Ive killed plenty of people and pi55ed in there beds. Baleed daT! My guys strong enough to bust up 3 or 4 guys charging after me. Televani Theive scum!

OppiumNitrates
06-10-2002, 01:57 PM
if this game were MMO the i would rob both you punk asses . . . . and be out . . . LoL

anthony_osborn
06-10-2002, 01:58 PM
hey, i was wonderin how you kill people in this game. every time i try it says your crime has been reported and so i quit killin them and they kill me. have you ever been chased by the undead. nothing kills them. i stay at saeneed place.

JJaX
06-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by anthony_osborn
hey, i was wonderin how you kill people in this game. every time i try it says your crime has been reported and so i quit killin them and they kill me. have you ever been chased by the undead. nothing kills them. i stay at saeneed place.

Im pretty sure magic and silver items kill the undead.....

silvertrace
06-10-2002, 02:02 PM
i just wanted to keep a home for storing stuff i didnt' want to sell, but i wanted to keep.........i also wanted designated sleep/rest/save points

in storage i keep books, old keys, illegal substances that only a few shops will buy....stuff like that

i just think its cool to have places to crash in each town, thats all, no sleepin in da woods for this wood elf assassin (level 9 as of monday)

OppiumNitrates
06-10-2002, 02:04 PM

kill people when no one else is around and always DISPOSE of the dead bodies . . . .then u shoulldnt get caught . . .if u sneak up behind someone and attack then u get a critical hit and it does 4x the damage

OppiumNitrates
06-10-2002, 02:08 PM
i just wanted to keep a home for storing stuff i didnt' want to sell, but i wanted to keep.........i also wanted designated sleep/rest/save points

in storage i keep books, old keys, illegal substances that only a few shops will buy....stuff like that

i just think its cool to have places to crash in each town, thats all, no sleepin in da woods for this wood elf assassin (level 9 as of monday)

i hear that . . . . i sometimes leave alot of my ***** in a home when i want to go and rob alot of ***** and sell it real quick . . . i'll leave all my alchemy stuff(ingrediance and equipment), most of my potions, and some other things that i dont need for a theft job. . . . . but yeah, no sleeping in woods for this wood elf . . . . . eighter

JJaX
06-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

kill people when no one else is around and always DISPOSE of the dead bodies . . . .then u shoulldnt get caught . . .if u sneak up behind someone and attack then u get a critical hit and it does 4x the damage

Yep, I use my moonshadow skill (invisble 60 sec) and crack em in the back of the head with my Sword.

xboxinstinct
06-10-2002, 03:11 PM
anyone start the real quest yet?

symposiumx
06-10-2002, 03:42 PM
I stay in the mages guild in Balmora for now (with the bunkbeds and the closet).

I also have a house in a fishing vilalge (from picking the lock)...but its technically not mind (the owner is still alive, hes just outside)

so I have a question.....If I go into a house, door shut..and I kill someone in a fight (the see me, etc). then I dispose the corpse.....if i go outside and talk to the guards, will they be after me? will other people in the city know about my deads and resent me?

OppiumNitrates
06-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

so I have a question.....If I go into a house, door shut..and I kill someone in a fight (the see me, etc). then I dispose the corpse.....if i go outside and talk to the guards, will they be after me? will other people in the city know about my deads and resent me?

depends on how good of a ciminal your are . . . . did u dispose of the body???

guards will only be after you if u have a bounty . . . . u get a bounty when your crimes are repored therefore guards will arrest u if you talk to them after it says your crime was reported but they will stright up chase u if they see u steal or kill someone

Tkf5000
06-10-2002, 06:57 PM
I had to kill i think 7 or 8 people for the Arvel Mansion but i think i am gunna move because it is too far away. It ia a nice house but the spot where i was everyone was dead outside and inside and i was far from civilization except for some farmer a little while down the road. I got boreds so i even put my shoes in spots put pants in drwaer and shirts in closet. But as i said before it is too far from civilizatrion so i just stole all the good stuff. Arvel Mansion is home to some weak ritch preppy people, they gots the fancy clothes and the best rings and stuff good place to rob and there are no guards an the people are weak. i was lvl 5 and took out the three in the house pretty easily, and all at once!

symposiumx
06-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
I had to kill i think 7 or 8 people for the Arvel Mansion but i think i am gunna move because it is too far away. It ia a nice house but the spot where i was everyone was dead outside and inside and i was far from civilization except for some farmer a little while down the road. I got boreds so i even put my shoes in spots put pants in drwaer and shirts in closet. But as i said before it is too far from civilizatrion so i just stole all the good stuff. Arvel Mansion is home to some weak ritch preppy people, they gots the fancy clothes and the best rings and stuff good place to rob and there are no guards an the people are weak. i was lvl 5 and took out the three in the house pretty easily, and all at once!

where the hell is this place? I could go for some nice @sskicking of snotty , yet weak, richie riches!

Master Gracey
06-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I have several...

First one is in Seyda Neen. It's Fargoth's house. No, he's not dead... he's still wandering around miserable because I found his hiding spot and pinched the loot. That's where all my illegals are kept as well. Last time I was there, I took the skull I found in Addamasartus and set it nicely on his pillow so it faced the foot of the bed. Poor fella's gonna get the crap scared out of him when he goes inside... :D

The next one is in Ebonheart. In the fort, there's one room that has two guards outside it. The door's not locked, so they don't care if you go in and crash on the nice bed (or take the wonderful loot found inside!)

In Pelagiad, I broke into the house of the Thieves Guild representative (I forget her name, but she's a Khajitt just like me). That's where I sleep when I'm there.

There's also a farmhouse between Pelagiad and Seyda Neen, and I'll sleep there if I need some health... the farmer is out tending the garden anyway.

The only place I've been where I don't have a bed is Hla Oad and Vivec. I just got to Vivec last night, so I'll have a bed there in no time! This game is just too great for words... :D

Tkf5000
06-10-2002, 07:14 PM
hah hah its a lot of fun and u get a lot of money and a prepy house. its north(looking at map ,up)drens villa.if you swim there u will see a dock. its near the arvel plantation(well they own that too)

Frostberg
06-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Wow so I can just kill someone and I get his house? I can keep all my stuff in there and it wont disappear or anything?

ScorpionX
06-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I have several...

First one is in Seyda Neen. It's Fargoth's house. No, he's not dead... he's still wandering around miserable because I found his hiding spot and pinched the loot. That's where all my illegals are kept as well. Last time I was there, I took the skull I found in Addamasartus and set it nicely on his pillow so it faced the foot of the bed. Poor fella's gonna get the crap scared out of him when he goes inside... :D

The next one is in Ebonheart. In the fort, there's one room that has two guards outside it. The door's not locked, so they don't care if you go in and crash on the nice bed (or take the wonderful loot found inside!)

In Pelagiad, I broke into the house of the Thieves Guild representative (I forget her name, but she's a Khajitt just like me). That's where I sleep when I'm there.

There's also a farmhouse between Pelagiad and Seyda Neen, and I'll sleep there if I need some health... the farmer is out tending the garden anyway.

The only place I've been where I don't have a bed is Hla Oad and Vivec. I just got to Vivec last night, so I'll have a bed there in no time! This game is just too great for words... :D

Where is Fargoths hiding place? I need some $$, I am out of it..:(

Frostberg
06-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Really want to know?? Its a quest the soldier guy up the stairs of the tradehouse will give you...

There probably won't be anything in there until he actually does for the quest...but its in the tree stump in a little water hole by the lighthouse

SkoalMint
06-11-2002, 05:19 AM
I'm playing as a "wandering" knight, so I really haven't put down roots yet. I mostly sleep at the Fighter's Guilds.

Dre
06-11-2002, 12:32 PM
My wizard, Calaldum, is still doing quests all over the land of Vvardenfell so I haven't really picked a location yet. I hear that later, if I get high enough in the Telvanni house I'll be able to cast a spell that creates a massive Wizard's tower. When I'll be able to do that, then I'll make a home. Until then its the wilderness, an inn or a mage guild.

WynnFire
06-11-2002, 01:38 PM
As a Dark Elf Thief, I have 2 shacks in Hla Oad, I think 1 in Seyda Neen, and 1 on the edge of Pelagiad. I like the one in Pelagiad because it has a trap door which sort of makes it two stories. Now being a Nord, I have 1 house next door to 9 toes.

Oh and hopefully one soon in Gnisis now that I belong to the Imperial Legion.

Saying this game is Awesome would be an understatement.

ooMORROWINDoo
06-11-2002, 02:14 PM
my theif character Lodon, crashes in the Nerano Manor in Balmora. I got tired of trying to steal the key from Nerano so i just slit the bastard ear to ear and stole his house!:D man i love this game. My custom class (Run Warrior) Dark Elf Koleme, on the other hand....owns almost every house in Balmora...im a bad bad boy.

anthony_osborn
06-11-2002, 02:17 PM
now that i found a weapon i like to kill people with. i have 3 places in Balmora. and 2 syneed (dontknow how to spell that).

Saying this game is Awesome would be an understatement.
true very true.

monkeyman
06-11-2002, 02:36 PM
i sleep anywhere on top of peoples houses in their houses anywhere i can hehe im gonna go kill the lighthouse guy and get that and im gonna take over that whole town (seyda neen if you didnt know what im talking about) gonna kill everyone one by one:D

Tkf5000
06-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Later in the game i wil move into better homes like latter in the game when you get a wife\husband and complete all the romance quests they invite you to move in with them.YOu can take anything they own and after you complete them all there will be a barrel that gets refilled with food and drinks everyday. Also i will stay in my redoran stronghold once it gets built and i join. later in the game all 3 great houses build a stronghold and u can get a room there. i think it is for a war or sumthin but i will see when i get that far. a good spot for u guys now is a spot close to cacius cosades the main quests giver. he will give you about 50 percent of all the quests for the main storyline. he will also let u use his stuff as u progress. he has a skooma pipe on the table too(wonder what he does with that.....)

Master Gracey
06-11-2002, 02:45 PM
I absolutely love this game!!! Noone on this board is having the same experiences... it's just so impressive. :D

Anyway, I decided when I was playing last night to sleep in the Hlaalu crypt under their house in Vivec. Then I made friends with everybody (100/100) and went to talk to the head of that house. Up there, there was a nice room to sleep in, so I did. Now I'm in the Redoran house, and looking around.

I've made 100/100 friends with everyone in three towns, and now the whole Hlaalu house in Vivec... as it turns out, people are now saying to me (the first time they meet me) "Your reputation has preceeded you. Are you the one I've heard so many good things about?" And I don't even have a reputation yet!!! :D

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 02:54 PM
I absolutely love this game!!! Noone on this board is having the same experiences... it's just so impressive. :D

Anyway, I decided when I was playing last night to sleep in the Hlaalu crypt under their house in Vivec. Then I made friends with everybody (100/100) and went to talk to the head of that house. Up there, there was a nice room to sleep in, so I did. Now I'm in the Redoran house, and looking around.

I've made 100/100 friends with everyone in three towns, and now the whole Hlaalu house in Vivec... as it turns out, people are now saying to me (the first time they meet me) "Your reputation has preceeded you. Are you the one I've heard so many good things about?" And I don't even have a reputation yet!!! :D

how did u get everyone to like u (100/100) u got a spell or something . . .

Hey Dre what skool of majik is that spell u said u got that makes people like u 100/100 every time using only a little magicka. . . . and where did u get it (or where did u egt the spells to make it?)

Dre
06-11-2002, 03:09 PM

Hey Dre what skool of majik is that spell u said u got that makes people like u 100/100 every time using only a little magicka. . . . and where did u get it (or where did u egt the spells to make it?)

Well, I had to buy a charm spell to get the charm effect. I forgot where I bought it.. I think it was in Sadrith Mora. Anyhoo, after you got the charm effect, just make a spell with any old spellmaker you can find. (I use the chick in Balmora in the basement of the mages guild). The spell should be equal lesser and upper magnitudes (mine is at 40.. I bet you could go lower with a bit more experimentation and still hit the 100 disposition). Do a charm on target for 1 sec with no radius. Thats all you need!

Hope it helps! And if anyone ever hears about the spell that lets you create your own wizard tower, please let me know what its called and where I can get it. I'm thinking it'll probably be a Telvanni reward later on though...

*edit* the reason for not using the spell I bought is that it was 30 charm points for 30 secs and cost like 100 magicka.. a bit too much! But.. it gave me the ability to make a charm spell so its all good! The spell had a hefty price of 1200 septims, but you might be able to find a cheaper charm spell somewhere else.. remember.. all you need is the effect. Then you can make your own spells!

Master Gracey
06-11-2002, 03:12 PM

I just admired them... my speechcraft is at 100 and my personality is near 80. It also helps that I started the game as a Khajitt bard.

Besides, with a name like "Tahiti" he's bound to have a sunny disposition! :D

Tkf5000
06-11-2002, 03:19 PM
lol everybody has this great personality and everyone hates me , my personality sucks. i steal everything like a big stealer person. and im not even a theif, im a warrior , a warrior who steals everything, i even stole daedric greaves!!

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 03:22 PM
what level r u how did u get speech craft up so high??

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dre
The spell should be equal lesser and upper magnitudes (mine is at 40.. I bet you could go lower with a bit more experimentation and still hit the 100 disposition). Do a charm on target for 1 sec with no radius. Thats all you need!

what . . . .

can u explain to me more on spell making i talked to some guy who did it but i didnt understand the menu

Master Gracey
06-11-2002, 03:43 PM
what level r u how did u get speech craft up so high??

I'm at level 11. And the only thing I did to get speechcraft up so high was admire people. There was alot of saving and loading involved though! :D I'd admire them and save the game when my friendship level went up. If my charms failed and they dropped to 0/100, I'd reload (because it's nearly impossible to win their favor when it's bottomed out). Eventually my speechcraft got so high that I could charm people up to 100 without having to save. Then my speechcraft maxed out at 100.

Of course, this comes with drawbacks! Since you go up a level after you gain 10 skill points (totalled from all categories), I was able to reach level 9 by raising only speechcraft and acrobatics. However, I hadn't fought anything... and as your levels go up, the monsters out in the world get harder. My fighting, armor and blocking skills were at the same level they were when I started the game, and the monsters were level 9/10. Until I raised those skills, I had to run scared from town to town. Now I'm a decent fighter as well as charmer, so it all works out. :D

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 03:55 PM

what . . . .

can u explain to me more on spell making i talked to some guy who did it but i didnt understand the menu

spellmaking is as follows:

you talk to someone that has the option for "spellmaking"
then....

you get to select spells from your currently known spells

example: your character has 3 spells known ==> "fireball", "levitate", and "hide"

ok...so now you can, say for example, choose to make a new "fireball" spell. choose to do "spellmaking" (talking to the person). Then select "fireball" this will pop up something that shows
*what is effected (i.e. self or target (sometimes a 3rd choice also)).
*range (min and max damage or min and max distance depending on the spell)
*duration (how long it lasts for)

that is basically it (you can also name the spell).

also..you can add more than one preexisting spell together to make a new one (i.e. fireball target with min 10 max 30 duration 1 with hide self min 5 to max 50 duration 10). This would make a spell called (example) "stealth fire" (casting this new spell will make your guy 5%-50% chamelon for duraion 10 and at the SAME time casts a fireball at the target for 10-30 damage)

you can also combine the same spell TWICE (fireball....and another fireball). a spell that does this:
*Fireball target min 10 max 30 duration 1
with
*fireball touch min 1 max 5 duration 10

why would you want to do this? well...this way you can hit someone for 10-30 damage instant PLUS hit them for something that does an extra 1-5 damage for 10 seconds (i.e. 10-50 more)

this matters because of casting cost (i.e. how much it caost to cast it each time), casting % (% chance to successfully cast it), and $cost (how much it cost to buy that spell for mthe spellmaker)

does that help? I cna go more indepth if you need

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:01 PM

*what is effected (i.e. self or target (sometimes a 3rd choice also)).
*range (min and max damage or min and max distance depending on the spell)
*duration (how long it lasts for)

thoes r the only 3 atribues of the spell i thought there was more when i tried . . .

you can also combine the same spell TWICE (fireball....and another fireball). a spell that does this:
*Fireball target min 10 max 30 duration 1
with
*fireball touch min 1 max 5 duration 10

can u use the sam spell twice or would i need 2 diff fireball spells??

monkeyman
06-11-2002, 04:12 PM
i got the light house:p

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:13 PM

thoes r the only 3 atribues of the spell i thought there was more when i tried . . .

can u use the sam spell twice or would i need 2 diff fireball spells??

there should only be 3 basic things to set for making spells. tell me what you see (if you see more) [i'm in my office so I cant look up the game just yet]

no...you only need one spell to do that
hell...you could make a spell that does fireball 1-5 damage duration 1 on a target 3 times with only knowing fireball once

think of it this way when making spells....

if you know the EFFECT of a spell (i.e. making fire, levitating, opening locks, etc) then you can make a spell do 'almost' anything with that effect(s)

Lastnight i just made an open lock spell that has a min of 100 and a max of 100 duration of 1 and a range of touch (i.e. opens ANY lock)....talk about kicking ass ;)

my dream defense spell is one that gives 100% protection from each element + 100% chamelon + 100 shield
I think that will cost BUTTLOADS (not even sure if you cna get a character high enough to cast it)....by then, you character would be so powerful to not even NEED such a protective spell. but it sounds liek fun

I am also making a fireball spell that has an area of like 100.
its fun to launch it an see some HUGE blast (100' radius blast !!!)

Master Gracey
06-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
i got the light house:p

Congrats!!! :D Your first kill?

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:19 PM

Congrats!!! :D Your first kill?

are any of these "homeowners" peopel that are vital for certain quests or information? I would hate to off them before I get the needed quest/info......after that, THEN i can off 'em

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Lastnight i just made an open lock spell that has a min of 100 and a max of 100 duration of 1 and a range of touch (i.e. opens ANY lock)....talk about kicking ass ;)

Thats awsome i have a scroll that does that but i think im gunna sell it. . . . .cauz im a thief and i have my ways around locks

my dream defense spell is one that gives 100% protection from each element + 100% chamelon + 100 shield
I think that will cost BUTTLOADS (not even sure if you cna get a character high enough to cast it)....by then, you character would be so powerful to not even NEED such a protective spell. but it sounds liek fun

can u really mke spells that r so powefull u would never be able to cast them??

I am also making a fireball spell that has an area of like 100.
its fun to launch it an see some HUGE blast (100' radius blast !!!)

thats bad ass prob could wipe out small towns with that one . . .

i think my second time through the game i will be a mage

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM

are any of these "homeowners" peopel that are vital for certain quests or information? I would hate to off them before I get the needed quest/info......after that, THEN i can off 'em

this game is sooo big that u could probly kill off 100 guys that give u quests and still not finish all the quests that r still out there before your done

silvertrace
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM
i got a new place in balmora, its the "locked" second floor flat due west of casius' place........its great, i been stealin hella candles and lanterns(the blue ones look like black lights) and putting them in there, its quite psychedic........

i'm up to level 19 and i'm still enthralled in this game, its amazing

i got like 18000 gold cuz i am quite the barterer, i found a guy in caldora who gives u full price for your items and i've stolen some expensive things, so thats a plus

i agree with master gracey, its nice to see everyone having different storylines from the same exact game

nice job Bethesda:)

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 04:35 PM

Thats awsome i have a scroll that does that but i think im gunna sell it. . . . .cauz im a thief and i have my ways around locks

can u really mke spells that r so powefull u would never be able to cast them??

thats bad ass prob could wipe out small towns with that one . . .

i think my second time through the game i will be a mage [/B]

well...one fireball does 40 damage area 40
its my "FIRE 4 x 4"

the 100' radius one isnt powerful at all, that is WAY to expensiv

yes..you can make spells that cost something like 987 magic points to cast (so basically impossible, but hey...who knows)

that is why i think Elder Scrolls 4 (online) HAS to be made...
can you imagine you and a few freinds forming a camp of bandits? or having a council of holy knights? or a sect of necromancers (all played by actaul PEOPLE).....man...that would ROCK!!

hire an assassin (played by another character) to go murder a prestigious captain of the guards (also played by another character).

a mix of GAME driven, as well as PC created/driven quests would make it an amazing RPG (not that its chopped liver right now) ;)

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 04:56 PM
that is why i think Elder Scrolls 4 (online) HAS to be made...
can you imagine you and a few freinds forming a camp of bandits? or having a council of holy knights? or a sect of necromancers (all played by actaul PEOPLE).....man...that would ROCK!!

someone in your group is thinking "Why is this guy the leader??? i should be the leader . . . . "

then has secret dealings with other high/low memebers of the group and organize a revolution against you . . . ha ha ha

now thats somthing worth concidering . . . but what would happen when u die??? lose all everything?!?!?! that would suck

deff a game where travel alone would give a new meaning to the word 'dangerous'

NonFanboy
06-11-2002, 06:49 PM
I dont really have a home, I stash alot of my illegal items in the shipwrecked boat, and at the Dark Elf's shake (well it was his before he had to kill the tax collecter, then I killed him to get the 500 gp)

Xtopia
06-11-2002, 08:14 PM
I don't have a "home" but I need one...I'll go get one!;)

X-Ray
06-11-2002, 09:56 PM
I sleep in Caius Cosade's place or in one of the guilds. I'm actually a member of all of them except the Morag Tong. I need a place to put some of my stuff and hoving my own place is appealing:eek:

HamsterKing
06-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Im a theif and after I killed the guy in Nerano Manor with my glass dagger, I took over it. Its pretty big.

Nas
06-11-2002, 10:55 PM
I can't wait until i get this game!!! all of this stuff you all are talking about sounds so fun! :(

Dre
06-12-2002, 08:30 AM
In Balmora, right across from the mages guild is an armorer. In this house there's one floor and a basement. In the basement, a table, 2 chairs, chests, big double bed. Upstairs, bookshelves, some crates, some baskets, etc. There's also a Hlaalu Guard :(

This is the perfect house!! Right across from a mages guild, close to a stilt rider, across the street from a trader (great for selling loot! ;)). Got a bed and all!! That guard was going to be a problem. But then I remembered something I'd heard countless times over from the village folk.

After successfully taunting the poor bastard, he drew his weapon on me and stabbed me in front of the Hlaalu guard. Using my right to defend myself I paralyzed the poor man for 90 seconds and beat him down with my staff while all he could do was emit yelping noises from his throat.

I moved in, charmed the guard to a 100/100 disposition and I now have my own guarded house! Its cool to have some dude greet you when you get home. I set up a mark spell in my house and now when away, I can teleport back in a flash with my recall spell.

I also outfitted the place with some nice Dwemer artifacts I found in some ruins and I steal any candles and laterns I can find and put em up all around. The place is actually looking homy!

I LOVE THIS GAME! :)

WynnFire
06-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Hey, I just got another house in Balmora. One on the right and left side of Nine Toes. I magically unlocked Itan's house but he was in it. WTF??!!!! It was at the skill level of 50. My current guy is a Nord and has the Tower Key power. It works great.

symposiumx
06-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
Hey, I just got another house in Balmora. One on the right and left side of Nine Toes. I magically unlocked Itan's house but he was in it. WTF??!!!! It was at the skill level of 50. My current guy is a Nord and has the Tower Key power. It works great.

how the hell do you open doors like that in town without every guard and their mother tracking you down?

symposiumx
06-12-2002, 11:48 AM
oh...and also....

if i magically unlock a door while invisible, the peopel see me!! WTF!

what about with chameloen? will they see me then?

Master Gracey
06-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by NonFanboy
I dont really have a home, I stash alot of my illegal items in the shipwrecked boat, and at the Dark Elf's shake (well it was his before he had to kill the tax collecter, then I killed him to get the 500 gp)

You keep it on the boat??? How can you stand doing that with all the cliff racers that are around it? :D

Last night, I decided to sleep in the Haunted Manor in the St Olm's canton of Vivec. It gave me such a cozy feeling that I had to try it. I'm not going to give ANYTHING away, but I'll say that something regarding that manor is the best thing I've seen in the game so far. It totally blew my mind!

On a final note, I think Dre officially has the coolest house so far! That sounds so sweet with the guard, the room, the artifacts, the location... makes me jealous! :D I'm still nomadic... haven't joined a guild or house, haven't started the main quest, and I'm about 100 hours into the game. Vivec is so large that it's taken me three days to fully explore four of the nine cantons. I still have five left! It'll be at least Sunday before I leave the city!

HamsterKing
06-12-2002, 05:55 PM
hmm..what I found with the Nerano manor is that its really roomy and all, but its too far from anywhere.. I think Ill get a house by the south wall corner, or do what that other guy did and take over the armorer's place. Id love to have a guard as a room mate :)

Plewis
06-12-2002, 06:33 PM
i sold a bunch of stuff to the woman at Boldamor(sp) and then killed her and took it all back:D Im keeping my stuff there for awhile until i get a real home... also I went to that Carossa guy and he said I didnt have the package... is that supposed to happen or did I accidently get rid of it? I thought I had it..

Master Gracey
06-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
i sold a bunch of stuff to the woman at Boldamor(sp) and then killed her and took it all back:D Im keeping my stuff there for awhile until i get a real home... also I went to that Carossa guy and he said I didnt have the package... is that supposed to happen or did I accidently get rid of it? I thought I had it..

Did you check the place where you stashed all your gear? You might have accidently dropped it there. In 100+ hours of gameplay, I haven't even been to Balmora yet! :D Is this game great or what?

EDIT: Glad to see you decided to get the game, Plewis! I'm sure your gonna love it when you really get into it.

Plewis
06-12-2002, 08:23 PM
yeah... luckily I went back there and in a pile of a bunch of plates and mugs and lanterns there was the letter and the package thanks with the help:)

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 08:25 PM

You keep it on the boat??? How can you stand doing that with all the cliff racers that are around it? :D

Last night, I decided to sleep in the Haunted Manor in the St Olm's canton of Vivec. It gave me such a cozy feeling that I had to try it. I'm not going to give ANYTHING away, but I'll say that something regarding that manor is the best thing I've seen in the game so far. It totally blew my mind!

On a final note, I think Dre officially has the coolest house so far! That sounds so sweet with the guard, the room, the artifacts, the location... makes me jealous! :D I'm still nomadic... haven't joined a guild or house, haven't started the main quest, and I'm about 100 hours into the game. Vivec is so large that it's taken me three days to fully explore four of the nine cantons. I still have five left! It'll be at least Sunday before I leave the city!
In the manor u saw a dream right? And u got attacked by some dream people?

Plewis
06-12-2002, 09:21 PM
u see he didnt want to ruin it for everyone buy for some reason you saw past it and decided to tell everyone... :rolleyes:

Master Gracey
06-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
u see he didnt want to ruin it for everyone buy for some reason you saw past it and decided to tell everyone... :rolleyes:

Hehe... actually, he wasn't even close! :D Unfortunately, that narrows it down a bit, but at the same time it doesn't narrow it down at all. You'll never guess in a million years and...

MY LIPS ARE SEALED!!!!

Want to find out about the Haunted Manor? Do it yerself... ;)

EDIT: In order to preserve your experience, I'm not saying another word on this subject.

NonFanboy
06-13-2002, 03:22 AM
I have homes now, whenever somebody says something to me that I find offensive I slaughter them. But I guess my fav place is still the old shack (the guy who killed the tax collecter's shack) it was my first home ya know, plus I got paid 500 gp to get it and technically I didnt break any laws :D

Dre
06-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Dre
In Balmora, right across from the mages guild is an armorer. In this house there's one floor and a basement. In the basement, a table, 2 chairs, chests, big double bed. Upstairs, bookshelves, some crates, some baskets, etc. There's also a Hlaalu Guard :(

This is the perfect house!! Right across from a mages guild, close to a stilt rider, across the street from a trader (great for selling loot! ;)). Got a bed and all!! That guard was going to be a problem. But then I remembered something I'd heard countless times over from the village folk.

After successfully taunting the poor bastard, he drew his weapon on me and stabbed me in front of the Hlaalu guard. Using my right to defend myself I paralyzed the poor man for 90 seconds and beat him down with my staff while all he could do was emit yelping noises from his throat.

I moved in, charmed the guard to a 100/100 disposition and I now have my own guarded house! Its cool to have some dude greet you when you get home. I set up a mark spell in my house and now when away, I can teleport back in a flash with my recall spell.

I also outfitted the place with some nice Dwemer artifacts I found in some ruins and I steal any candles and laterns I can find and put em up all around. The place is actually looking homy!

I LOVE THIS GAME! :)

Well, I stole a bunch of candles from all over the place and spruced up my house! Since the game has no real physics engine I got creative. By dropping a bunch of books from my inventory I make kind of like a big pile of books. I can proceed to pick up all books starting from the bottom except the last one. The book just floats in the air... pile more books on top and stick a candle on top of the books. Pick up all books and I now have a floating candle in my place. Well.. let me just tell you that I've got over 25 floating candles when you walk into my place now and its looking sweet! I've got all these 15k+ weapons on display on the bookshelf. I even have shoes at the entrance and a bucket and mop in the corner.

Luckily, I have a couple of friends that are addicted to the game as well.. so I'm doing all this kinda to show off :) Plus you know.. I was really fuken baked.

I'll try to get a video capture or a picture of the place to show it off :)

Tkf5000
06-13-2002, 11:07 AM
when i first got morrowind i flippe through the prophecies guide and it said something tha after you get past a part in the main quest and sellep there u see a dream. does anyone know whats behind the lvl 50 door in the haunted manor? i just wanna know if its worth wasting the money for a scroll of unhinging.

anthony_osborn
06-13-2002, 02:04 PM
i was wonderin how long does it take for someone to attack you if you taunt them cause i want this armorey at an armorer. i have taunted and intimadated this guy a whole bunch of times and nothin yet. and i hit him on accedent and the gaurd came over and fined me. i pretty much only hit him cause it was makin me mad he wouldnt attack me. i was also wonderin how do you hit someone with the butt of the sword. like sneek up behind them and hit them? dont know how, thanks if you can help.

Dre
06-13-2002, 02:07 PM
i was wonderin how long does it take for someone to attack you if you taunt them cause i want this armorey at an armorer. i have taunted and intimadated this guy a whole bunch of times and nothin yet. and i hit him on accedent and the gaurd came over and fined me. i pretty much only hit him cause it was makin me mad he wouldnt attack me. i was also wonderin how do you hit someone with the butt of the sword. like sneek up behind them and hit them? dont know how, thanks if you can help.

Well, taunt works in conjunction with your speechcraft skill so you need that to be at a respectable level for it to work well (just like any other skill). As for your second q.. I'm sorry.. don't really use weapons so I don't know

Master Gracey
06-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Well, taunt works in conjunction with your speechcraft skill so you need that to be at a respectable level for it to work well (just like any other skill). As for your second q.. I'm sorry.. don't really use weapons so I don't know

Bingo... my speechcraft is at 100 and I accidently taunted someone. They didn't like me any less (remained 100/100) and all they said was "I see your point. Perhaps we can make a deal."

tennyson
06-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Dre,

I'm right near you in the game, although I must say I did it with a lot less finesse. The outfitter is right across from the Mage's Guild in Balmora as well, right next to the armorer that you've called home.

The only difference is that I summoned an ancestral ghost to keep the guy behind the counter, and while he was fighting the ghost, I blasted him with a few frostball spells. I spent a day in prison and it cost me 40 gold, but now I've got a great 2-floor pad, with a porch!

Now, if only I could start decorating the place as cool as yours sounds....

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 04:59 PM
You can kill normal people in their houses and not get a bounty or anything...and you get stuff to sell and a free resting/storage house.

But if you want to kill shopkeepers, you will have to pay the 36 gold as the murder fee. Remember, kill the shop keepers, drop everything you are carrying, and then pay off your dept. That way the guards cannot take your stolen goods because you do not have them on you. You have to pay 36 gold, but you get a house full of goodies to sell, experience points, and whatever else you want to take from the guy. Plus you keep all the stolen items you got.

Also, if you want to buy a weapon or item or whatever thats in a shop but its not for sale, here's how to get it.

First, you need to make sure to have enough money to cover the value of the item you want, because you are essentially buying an item thats not for sale.

Anyway, you need to have enough gold to buy it, and thats all. Drop everything else so you keep your stolen goods and whatever...because if your like me, you'll be naked and have nothing to carry if they took all your stolen goods.

Ok, here's what to do. You need to save before you are ready to take it because you need to be quick and not mess up. Pick up the item you want and quickly open your inventory. You may need to hit B 2 times because it does not always respond after you steal, so just open your inventory, and drop the item you stole. That way, all you have if your gold. Then a guard wil interrogate you and ask you to pay the gold or go to jail. If you want to go to jail and lose experience, go ahead, but I usually just pay for the item. Since you dropped the item, he cannot take it from you, so pick it up off the ground, pick up all your other belingings, and walk away smiling. :)

symposiumx
06-13-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
You can kill normal people in their houses and not get a bounty or anything...and you get stuff to sell and a free resting/storage house.

But if you want to kill shopkeepers, you will have to pay the 36 gold as the murder fee. Remember, kill the shop keepers, drop everything you are carrying, and then pay off your dept. That way the guards cannot take your stolen goods because you do not have them on you. You have to pay 36 gold, but you get a house full of goodies to sell, experience points, and whatever else you want to take from the guy. Plus you keep all the stolen items you got.

Also, if you want to buy a weapon or item or whatever thats in a shop but its not for sale, here's how to get it.

First, you need to make sure to have enough money to cover the value of the item you want, because you are essentially buying an item thats not for sale.

Anyway, you need to have enough gold to buy it, and thats all. Drop everything else so you keep your stolen goods and whatever...because if your like me, you'll be naked and have nothing to carry if they took all your stolen goods.

Ok, here's what to do. You need to save before you are ready to take it because you need to be quick and not mess up. Pick up the item you want and quickly open your inventory. You may need to hit B 2 times because it does not always respond after you steal, so just open your inventory, and drop the item you stole. That way, all you have if your gold. Then a guard wil interrogate you and ask you to pay the gold or go to jail. If you want to go to jail and lose experience, go ahead, but I usually just pay for the item. Since you dropped the item, he cannot take it from you, so pick it up off the ground, pick up all your other belingings, and walk away smiling. :)

why not just go invisable and steal the item outright? ;)

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 05:10 PM
well a friend of mine actually figured this out because he was a warrior with no magic...and he was a damn good warrior at level 3 only...so he wants to beef up his warrior attributes and skills and stuff without wasting anything at all for magic...but yes, I do steal while invisible as my tank mage.

symposiumx
06-13-2002, 05:18 PM
good point...

i've been trying to do NOTHING but skills that require using my intelligence (with a some willpower and personality) to increase my power as a mage.

I wonder when i should start thinking about raising my strength/endurance? My health is only like 57 max (at level 11 mage)

Plewis
06-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire
As a Dark Elf Thief, I have 2 shacks in Hla Oad, I think 1 in Seyda Neen, and 1 on the edge of Pelagiad. I like the one in Pelagiad because it has a trap door which sort of makes it two stories. Now being a Nord, I have 1 house next door to 9 toes.

I have been trying to get that house with the trap door too... but the owner wont die... I hate that bugger! I am only level 1 but I think Ill be able to take him soon...:cool:

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 10:34 PM
I hate those dámn cat people...they wera down your fatigue really fast...i had trouble killing one and I was level 8 at the time...im level 9 now...but thats ok because the püssy (cat) is dead.

Nas
06-13-2002, 10:40 PM
I just bought this game today, and i can't wait to start it here in a few minutes!

hollaaa:cool:

X-Ray
06-14-2002, 12:33 AM
I finally established my home above the clothier's in Balmora. I chose it for 3 reasons: location, location, location. It's right next to the silt stridera and mage guild transports.

cracchus
06-14-2002, 08:35 AM
Newbie to RPGs here. A question. Why do you need a home? What's the advantage? I have no home, but after reading this thread I'm wondering whether I should get one. So what's the point in having a home? Somewhere to sleep? Somewhere to stash loot? What?

silvertrace
06-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by cracchus
Newbie to RPGs here. A question. Why do you need a home? What's the advantage? I have no home, but after reading this thread I'm wondering whether I should get one. So what's the point in having a home? Somewhere to sleep? Somewhere to stash loot? What?

just a perk of the game, it allows u to take over a residence and make it your own.......:eek:

i use mine for stashing stolen loot and a bed(for leveling up)

i also like to decorate it, i have tons of candles everywhere and pillows along an entire wall, i'll try to post some pics soon, its kinda cool:D

EHWfedPres
06-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Having a house in a non-linear game is a must. I had a house in Ultima 8 back in 1995.

Yannie Boy
06-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Real worriors or fighters don't live in the luxury of housing they camp it out in the mountains or forest rain or snow they can handle it.

X-Ray
06-14-2002, 02:18 PM

just a perk of the game, it allows u to take over a residence and make it your own.......:eek:

i use mine for stashing stolen loot and a bed(for leveling up)

i also like to decorate it, i have tons of candles everywhere and pillows along an entire wall, i'll try to post some pics soon, its kinda cool:D

Better get used to that padded wall...LoL :lol: