PDA

View Full Version : WWE Expands Globablly

faceoff508
06-10-2002, 01:59 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.(TM) today made a series of announcements relating to its international expansion in consumer product licensing, video and DVD distribution, and live event sponsorship.

WWE(TM) announced that in Japan, it had retained Sports Marketing Japan as its agent to develop consumer product licenses.

WWE(TM) also announced that in Europe, The Copyright Promotions Licensing Group (CPLG) will be the agent handling licenses for consumer products in the United Kingdom, Eire, and the Channel Islands.

WWE(TM) announced three agreements for Australia: Gaffney International Licensing will be the licensing agent for consumer products; Shock Records has been appointed the exclusive Home Video and DVD licensee; and Victorian Major Events Company will be a sponsor of the WWE(TM) Global Warning Tour, Melbourne, presented by XBox. Gaffney International also will be the licensing agent for consumer products in New Zealand.

"Our international expansion remains on track," said Roger Marment, WWE's Executive Vice President, International Business Development. "WWE(TM) already has a significant presence in these regions through our programming and live events. We expect that these new agreements will further develop our international business in these regions in a way that replicates the successful model that we have developed domestically."

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Chicago, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and wwecorpbiz.com.

---TXB

Whisper
06-10-2002, 03:30 PM
um, off topic lounge maybe... ;) :p

E-Xbox
06-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
um, off topic lounge maybe... ;) :p

tru ..
oh well..
i dont watch wwe ne more ..
so i dont care...

peace

TEA
06-11-2002, 02:10 AM
Nice find faceoff:cool:

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Cool, but this has nothing to do with Xbox, but it's still cool.

Ninja Scroll
06-11-2002, 01:36 PM
WWE should be more worried about their poor ratings for all their shows instead of worrying about expanding to other territories.

I say make Booker T. the top face (good guy) in the company and everything else will get back to da old days of WWE running the ratings!;)

GRAVEDIGGER
06-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Nice find faceoff. But IMO the WWE is still under foot. Thye need better storylines now. I say that the Undertaker(my Favorite wrestler!!) should drop this dum ass gimmick that he has and go back to his old deadman gimmic.

And like Ninja said, my dawg Booker T needs to have a better status in the WWE. They are wasting his talent having him cuttin' promos with golddust.

Untill next time...:mad:

Xbox Owner
06-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
Nice find faceoff. But IMO the WWE is still under foot. Thye need better storylines now. I say that the Undertaker(my Favorite wrestler!!) should drop this dum ass gimmick that he has and go back to his old deadman gimmic.

And like Ninja said, my dawg Booker T needs to have a better status in the WWE. They are wasting his talent having him cuttin' promos with golddust.

Untill next time...:mad:

Yeah, I agree. I mean, when they actually had compition, it was way better. Ya know, when Austin was carrying them, back in 1998, they would be getting like 6.4's and stuff. Now they are getting about 3, and 4's. I think it was the worst choice to buy WCW, if they did anything, they should have gave them money to survive. I know WWE can make there ratings better, just throw in a couple TLCs and make dat show like the old ECW, baby!:D

Crazy Joe
06-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I say make Booker T. the top face (good guy) in the company and everything else will get back to da old days of WWE running the ratings!;)

looks like that is what they might be doing, but they gotta get him to stop acting like such a f***ing dumbass all the time, with his spinarooni, wtf is that supposed to be? he was way better in WCW, just after Harlem Heat broke up when he was the hero of WCW.

rocksback
06-13-2002, 10:02 PM
I agree booker T would be a good fan favorite. I think they are going to make him as big as the rock.

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 10:11 PM
I thik they should worry about turning into a wresting federation instead of a kindergarden entertainment show. If you want real wrestling, watch NJPW, AJPW, FMW, Toryumon, WWA, wtc. Not that pĂșssy stuff thats not even close to wrestling.

Marc
06-13-2002, 11:24 PM
This could be related to xbox since that the current roster will be on the WWF RAW2 game. Especially HBK, who drilled Booker T with that Sweet Chin Music Monday night. The Showstoppa looked like he had not lost a step. As for Booker T, I used to hate him, but I underestimated him. His hungry man commercials were great and his humor in the WWE has improved drastically. I think he would make an excellent fan favorite. I hope HBK makes it onto RAW2 though, he was my favorite wrestler. Triple H is now my favorite, but it is too easy to play with him because he's that damn good. HBK is like an underdog.