PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!!! Bug In Morrowind!

Master Gracey
06-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm writing this as a warning to all of you, but also to ask if any of you have had the same problem.

In Ebonheart, I went to the headquarters of the trading company. There's a room there with someone who's a savant. Going through the line of questioning, one of the topics was "law in Morrowind". If you select this, you end up in an endless loop of text and there's NO WAY OUT OF IT!!! The only thing you can do is load your previous save game. I also tried this topic with the dunmer savant in the Ebonheart fort (she's the one in the room with the magistrate and all the books). Once again, the game froze. The game only freezes when you ask this question to a savant.

Has anyone else run across this??? I want to make sure it's the game, and not just my copy.

Sorry for the lack of character names, but I'm typing this at work.

Kooster
06-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Im not that far yet....

ScorpionX
06-10-2002, 11:59 PM
A problem I had was I couldn't start the game with 4 controllers plugged in. It wouldn't let me press start, but it worked fine with 1 controller. Anyone else have this happen?

Koopa
06-11-2002, 12:33 AM
yeah rat, i tried with two and it didnt work...strange

SkoalMint
06-11-2002, 05:31 AM
I haven't run into that one yet Gracey. The biggest problem I have run into is if you start a fight with someone in a doorway and the door closes while you are fighting with you on one side and the enemy on the other (the side which the door opens too) then you can't get the door open. You can push it and push it and push it, but each time it just closes back on you. Of course this is only a problem if that is the only door out of the room (which it was in my case). Fortunately, I had saved right before the battle began. After the fact I thought that a possible solution might be to try sleeping and letting the enemy cool off (and leave the door). If anyone has this happen and tries the sleeping thing, let us know how it works.

Another door problem was down in the canal works in St. Olms (I think) part of Vivec. There was a part of the storage area I couldn't get into as there was a rat on the other side of the door. I could see his tail swishing back and forth under the door, but couldn't push it open. Again, the door would start to open but immediately be pushed closed.

John002
06-11-2002, 05:45 AM
Maybe he's an idiot savant???

RudedogX
06-11-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
I haven't run into that one yet Gracey. The biggest problem I have run into is if you start a fight with someone in a doorway and the door closes while you are fighting with you on one side and the enemy on the other (the side which the door opens too) then you can't get the door open. You can push it and push it and push it, but each time it just closes back on you. Of course this is only a problem if that is the only door out of the room (which it was in my case). Fortunately, I had saved right before the battle began. After the fact I thought that a possible solution might be to try sleeping and letting the enemy cool off (and leave the door). If anyone has this happen and tries the sleeping thing, let us know how it works.

Another door problem was down in the canal works in St. Olms (I think) part of Vivec. There was a part of the storage area I couldn't get into as there was a rat on the other side of the door. I could see his tail swishing back and forth under the door, but couldn't push it open. Again, the door would start to open but immediately be pushed closed.

Someone over at TXB did that sleep deal and the game autosaved on him. The guy that he was fighting was still blocking the door and the fool didn't have a save before the autosave so he had to start all over!

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
A problem I had was I couldn't start the game with 4 controllers plugged in. It wouldn't let me press start, but it worked fine with 1 controller. Anyone else have this happen?

thats funny i alwasy have my 4 contorles plugged in and i never had a prob like that . . . interesting especially since someon else had yor problem with 2 also

SkoalMint
06-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Someone over at TXB did that sleep deal and the game autosaved on him. The guy that he was fighting was still blocking the door and the fool didn't have a save before the autosave so he had to start all over!

Ouch. I didn't even think about that. Fortunately I save often and rarely rely on the autosave.

NonFanboy
06-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
yeah rat, i tried with two and it didnt work...strange

I have a Duke and a S controller plugged in with no problems, interesting..:confused:

anthony_osborn
06-12-2002, 02:01 PM
i always have 3 in and have never had trouble. ya that is very wierd. iv never tried just 2 and i dont have 4 casue i always have the dvd plug in thing in so i havent bought the 4th one yet.

HamsterKing
06-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Well, sometimes, if I jump inside a place, I'd get stuck. I guess its not really a bug but it gets annoying.

Plewis
06-12-2002, 06:29 PM
i always have 2 controllers plugged in and everything has worked fine...:confused: :eek:

Lazarus
06-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Ive noticed the door bug b4- but there are always glitches, like if you have a marksman skill, you can stand on a bed barricade the footpath to the side of the bed, and raise hell on all the peeps running into the room to kill you

I want to free the slaves in Suran from the slave trader (hes dead now) and i pryed the Holding Cell key from his cold dead fingers, but then i cant open any of the cells with the key- it seems illogical that the key doesnt work in context with the area, it wouldnt make any sense to use the key in another city/ or area in Suran- i wonder all the time if it isnt a bug to blame.....

John002
06-13-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Lazarus
Ive noticed the door bug b4- but there are always glitches, like if you have a marksman skill, you can stand on a bed barricade the footpath to the side of the bed, and raise hell on all the peeps running into the room to kill you

I want to free the slaves in Suran from the slave trader (hes dead now) and i pryed the Holding Cell key from his cold dead fingers, but then i cant open any of the cells with the key- it seems illogical that the key doesnt work in context with the area, it wouldnt make any sense to use the key in another city/ or area in Suran- i wonder all the time if it isnt a bug to blame.....

Did you "equip" the key?

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 05:16 PM
The very first time I put Morrowind in I couldnt press start...

But then yesterday i was playing with the second player controller for some reason...

And what about that annoying Restore auto-save thing that sometimes happens...and then you get a dirty disk error and have to restart morrowind? Just load the restore savegame and you'll be back where you were, but its dámn annoying. Only happened 2 times tho, aout of several days of play.

Lazarus
06-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted quite idiotically by John002
Did you "equip" the key?
No,...actually you cannot "equip" the key, or any key for that matter. You can equip lockpicks and weapons and other forms of apparel, yet you CANNOT equip keys. Play the game and understand the concepts before you make such comments.

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 10:17 PM
If you have a key to a door, just try to open it like a normal door and it will open and say you unlocked it using the key.

John002
06-14-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Lazarus

No,...actually you cannot "equip" the key, or any key for that matter. You can equip lockpicks and weapons and other forms of apparel, yet you CANNOT equip keys. Play the game and understand the concepts before you make such comments.

Ouch, relax, I was only trying to help. I had no trouble opening the door and could not figure out why anothony was.