PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Arts Triple Play 2002

l Maximus l
06-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Is it just me, or is this game, perhaps, the worst MLB video game ever? Everything from the gameplay to the graphics have to be the worst I've ever seen and played. I just about fell asleep playing it. What do you guys think?

Casper
06-11-2002, 08:36 AM
I have owned all 3 so far. I think that Triple Play was very disappointed in this one the most. The players looked like burn victims, the playability was very slow and sluggish, and it just didn't peak my interest when I played it (even in Home Run Derby). I liked ASB because of the reality that it had when playing at certain stadiums (i.e. the fans throw the ball back when the opposing team hits a home run at Wrigley Field) but the playability again wasn't that great.

WSB has to be the best that I have played, even though the pitching cursor is annoying as hell. The game play was very, very smooth (throwing from your knees, throwing off-balance and it actually throws like an off-balance throw), along with the unique motions that all the pitchers had (Mussina and El Duque were amazing). The stamina had something to deal with, throwing a pitcher for 13+ innings and still having his arm attached....ummm..yeah ok :rolleyes: Another thing that I noticed was that not all the players faces were even close, especially the older legends (Yogi Berra looked horrible:( , and some white guys were black, guess their mom wouldn't be too happy with that :D

WSB is a must have if you like to play the National Pasttime Maxy-XBA (hehe, that just looks funny, but yet, meant to be:D )....check it out, you will be much happier than Triple Play. :)

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Yah, I don't really like it, that much. Too easy, IMO. WSB is alot better, it's actually kind of a challenge.:)

P.S. Why did you say electronic arts instead of EA, haha lol

GRAVEDIGGER
06-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Oh yea, dam real. The game is pretty dam stupid. The graphics look like they were created on the N-64 and vapmed a lil bit to be put on a next gen system. Some of these developers just need to stop:rolleyes:

Untill next time...:mad:

BORNGD
06-16-2002, 04:05 PM
the world series baseball for dreamcast is the worst ever...triple play close behind it

heelfan71
06-16-2002, 08:03 PM
yep, but I bet they sold more games than any of the others. Those freaking commercials make the game look pretty good. They sell games on name recognition alone.

Zion
06-16-2002, 10:12 PM
It's actually very sad how bad Triple Play is, EA should be ashamed.

Seems like Sega Sports is owning EA these days, World Series is light years ahead, NBA2k3 rules all basketball games, and NFL2k2 is my favorite football game, I just didn't care at all for the poor control in Madden.