PDA

View Full Version : PGR vs. Test Drive

y2kash_14
06-11-2002, 03:36 AM
i need an honest opinion on which game is better.......i already have PGR.......I want Test Drive, but im gonna have to sell PGR. Which is better

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 03:58 PM
dunno..rent test drive..i guess

Liquid Gears
06-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Test Drive is way Way better. I never liked PGR, it's too slow for me. I like crazy high speed smashing crashing screeching ramps rolls traffic accidents destruction, etc, etc, etc.............all that in my kind of racing games.:cool:

y2kash_14
06-13-2002, 02:17 AM
I just wish you could see the damage done to the car. It isn't very realistic that you just were in a major accident and your car is still squeaky clean

Liquid Gears
06-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
I just wish you could see the damage done to the car. It isn't very realistic that you just were in a major accident and your car is still squeaky clean

Which game are you talkin' about???

y2kash_14
06-13-2002, 03:51 PM
I hear you can't see dents and stuff on the cars of Test Drive

GRAVEDIGGER
06-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Well, i havent heard all that about Test Drive but i do know that it has insage speed, and thats good. So i guess you can Rent it first and see what its all about before you rish into something that you might regret.

Untill next time...:mad:

lllSmokelll
06-18-2002, 04:22 PM
i got test drive and it aint all that good...graphics arent up with pgr and pgr got better gameplay

shorty998
06-22-2002, 09:48 AM
i herd that PGR was the same as Test Drive but with different cars

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 01:12 PM
PGR has terrible handling, crappy sound effects, OK graphics, etc. Neve rplayed Test Drive, but if its not as good as PGR, I wont even look at it. PGR is horrible IMO.

shorty998
06-22-2002, 01:17 PM
yea i does have some crappy handling and sound FX

Alien
06-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I don't like PGR for the same reason some other's said. The handling is the thing that annoys me the most when playing it...I don't own it, just have played it at friends, rented. It has okay graphics and stuff, but the handling.

I was looking into getting Test Drive. Or should I buy another game? I already have Morrowind..that's the newest game I own.

y2kash_14
06-22-2002, 05:35 PM
I dont have any problems with the Handling in PGR, i can score a perfect run, like Mike Salmon

POD13259
06-22-2002, 08:57 PM
The controls in PGR are fine. it's just a matter of learning to handle them. Granted, it is frustrating when you can't seem to manuever your car correctly on a long slide, but, IMO, it's what keeps you coming back.

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 09:22 PM
If you think PGR is to hard all u cheetas out there can use codes. I belive the code is "nosliw". You enter it as your name. I will buy I loved the old test drives for ps and dc. they are my type of racing. i usta know exactly how and where to hit the cars to send them swirving off the road. I got the money to buy test drive i just hope i dont waste it on a bunch of crappy games. I only have 15 xbox games now because i keep buying those little game boy games! i always buy them because they are like 5 dollars cheaper then i get disapointed cuz they suck and i beat em in a day. Ill post how good it is in a few days when i buy the game if i dont waste my money on some crap.

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Powerslides in Project Gotham is like driving on ice for Gods sake. And that screech is more annoying than anything I have ever heard in any game ever made.

Tkf5000
06-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Powerslides in Project Gotham is like driving on ice for Gods sake. And that screech is more annoying than anything I have ever heard in any game ever made.
Whats wrong with driving on ice, u can drive on ice in rallysport. PGR kudos is cheap i dont see how you can keep up wit kudos. You do someting cool and then you gotta not run into walls for like 5 minutes than you get to keep the kudos. But i heard the new testdrive has a timer.

POD13259
06-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Tkf, it only seems like five minutes while waiting for kudos to be added in off of tricks, but I think I read in the manual that after your trick combo stops, you have to not hit anything for three seconds in order for the combo to be counted.

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 08:23 AM
So you gotta let out the gas just to get like 10 kudos. Either way i dont care cuz u get like 1000 for winning a race who needs a mere 10 kudos when u can get first and have more. Im not a pgr hater like a lot of people, i think it is a very good game with great graphics.

Zion
06-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Burnout is better than PGR and Test Drive combined :eek:

y2kash_14
06-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Burnout doesn't even have liscensed cars, that sucks for me.

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Burnout is crap. I got test drive today and let me tell you it is a lot different than the other test drives. thats why they called this test drive instead of test drive 7. 2 giant dowmfalls. there is a timer that doesnt give you enoguh time. you are racing the clock and this game is meant to try to run people off the road and stuff and this test drive is try to dodger your opponents and fly to the finish. you have a little extra time to do stuff but in some levels you wil finish with 3 seconds left on the clock and some u will end with like 30. The big downfall about test drive is the rubberband A.I. once u get ahead of your opponents (no matter how fast u go) they fly past u like nothing. You will have a car top speed 170 and one car ur racing againt gets ahead of you and it max is 150.Also the cars dont break up like in test drive6. This test drive is made by atari instead of pibull. Personally i think atari did a awesome job but pitbull would of made it a lot better. Atari tried to make this into a arcade game. Pitbull makes more of a action game. Even with these downfalls it a a totally awesome game. Btter than pgr in some ways better in burnout in all ways. This is a great game for a game that went to P0S2 too. There are a lot of modes like linear race, circuit race, cop chase,drag race, etc. Test drive had a lot of cars and tracks too, thats one thing all the test drives have, and all the cars are licensed unlike burnout. The sound is good in this game but i dont like the music. Most of its rap like Jarule and there isnt a lot of rock. The best song on there is click click boom by saliva but i only heard it once. And theres a lot of other crappy people like moby. i hate moby. overall test drive is a great game if you like arcadish games that have a lot of wrecking and crashing. I think this and morrowind will keep me occupied untl bruce lee and dead to rights come next month.

y2kash_14
06-24-2002, 04:10 PM
thanks for the info TKF! that decided it for me, im selling PGR and gettin Test Drive.:)

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Good choice. But you should sell it anyway and get a new game cuz whats the point of having a gae u beat and probly will never play again when u can just get a new one and when u finish it u can sell it if u want. So its kinda lik getting a free game kinda.(not really)

Liquid Gears
06-24-2002, 05:33 PM
I think Test Drive is way WAY too frustrating, and why the he!! does traffic bounce around?? I think PGR is the best.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 05:46 PM
PGR is the worst...but who am I to say, I havent played Burnout or Test Drive.

One quick question...what games has more traffic, Burnout or Test Drive? And does the answer to that question have a free roam mode?

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 05:58 PM
No free roam other than cop chase and burnout has more traffic from what i remember. but ive had some dumb moments in test drive. i got into a huge accident then i finally get out and one of the idiots starts goin in reverse messing up my race. I would want to back up and get outa there too but im just saying it really made me mad. does liquid always have to bs about something. he always takes something someone else like like morrowind, says its crap and says "go buy a cool game like kabuki warriors". I wonder when the day comes when he wont bs about sumthin.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 06:14 PM
So is there a cop chase on both games or just Test Drive? ( i know its on test drive)

I enjoy racing, but I enjoy smashing cars up more. :cool:

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 06:24 PM
In this new test drive your car doesnt get literalt dented up. U get hit, no leave mark. Only test drive has cop chase. done tell me you never played any other test drives? the are classics! personally i think pitbull could of done a better job than atari. atari just wanted a arcadish game that seemed old but was new.
Pitbull was the people who made test drive(origional) thru test drive 6. Atari restarted the series and added a storyline and little car tvs where people can repeat the same annoying thing every time the pass by u or u pass by them. now test drive means street race, its a nickname to keep away from cops. but this test drive doesnt have a money system like the old ones where u can upgrade your cars and get new parts. but you can choose from a couple color cars and design paint your car and choose how shiny it is and the color of the tires and stripes and stuff.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 07:41 PM
I played a test drive game a while back i think...i forget. So what about burnout...can u gimme a low down on that game?

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 11:28 AM
burnout.rent it. u can beat it in a day or 2. theres only like 10 levels and there is not even 10 cars. the game is crap. its fun but short. its easier than test drive. test drive has bettter gaphics. all or burnouts levels are circuits and when u crash into somthing it shows a replay 3 times and it tells you how much damage u did. after the 3 replays play your already way behind all the other cars. and all the cars are unlicensed. burnout is a multiplatform game. when you get near a car without running into it or you go into ongoing traffic you get burnout points. after you get so man burnout points everything goes super fast and if you never let go of the gas u get "burnout" and u get half your burnoit points up. its hard to explain really. overall i think rallysport,pgr,and test drive are the best xbox car racing games. and if you like nascar theres nascar thunder but i personally think its really boring.

Zion
06-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
burnout.rent it. u can beat it in a day or 2. theres only like 10 levels and there is not even 10 cars. the game is crap. its fun but short. its easier than test drive. test drive has bettter gaphics. all or burnouts levels are circuits and when u crash into somthing it shows a replay 3 times and it tells you how much damage u did. after the 3 replays play your already way behind all the other cars. and all the cars are unlicensed. burnout is a multiplatform game. when you get near a car without running into it or you go into ongoing traffic you get burnout points. after you get so man burnout points everything goes super fast and if you never let go of the gas u get "burnout" and u get half your burnoit points up. its hard to explain really. overall i think rallysport,pgr,and test drive are the best xbox car racing games. and if you like nascar theres nascar thunder but i personally think its really boring.

What you said about Burnout's replays is not true. You do not fall behind becuase of the replays, you only fall behind because you wrecked. In fact, if you notice when you start back after a wreck, most of the other cars are pretty much where they were when you wrecked, so you really only slow down if you think about it. The replays don't cost you any time.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:29 PM
Who in their right mind would buy a game JUST for the sole purpose of completion? A retard, thats who. I buy games to have fun, not to beat it and then disregard it...

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:42 PM
I know. Butthat game u will get tired of fast. Theres only a couple ars and levels, test drive on the other hand will last a longer time bacause of some things like all the modes and multiplayr stuff its cool and u will have more fun with it, at least i think u will. why dont u rent it them and see?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:47 PM
I dont rent games. its a waste of money...but i was planning on getting test drive for a little while now...so ill pick it up

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:05 PM
i dont rent games mutch i just do when i dont got the money to buy one at that second. and i rent them cuz out of all 16 games i have 2 aint beat. well one u dont beat morrowind,and i havent beat test drive.

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 08:12 PM
i dont rent games mutch i just do when i dont got the money to buy one at that second. and i rent them cuz out of all 16 games i have 2 aint beat. well one u dont beat morrowind,and i havent beat test drive.

I dont try to beat games, I try to have fun with them. Thats the point of having a game in the first place.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:22 AM
i no but some games u dont replay like u said in the max payne help forum. U said take it back to the store after u beat it cuz u wont play it again. Why do u always do that? U try to be someone else in each thread.

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 11:12 AM
i no but some games u dont replay like u said in the max payne help forum. U said take it back to the store after u beat it cuz u wont play it again. Why do u always do that? U try to be someone else in each thread.

If you actually read what I said, you would know that I told him to take it back because there's nothing else to do after you beat it. Max Payne has little to no replay value at all, and god-aweful controls IMO.

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Yea so your playing to beat it.

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 06:37 PM
The purpose of having a game is to have fun with it...not just to beat it.

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 08:48 AM
are u dumb? u just said take max payne back after u beat it. its no fun. some people think it is that dont mean u go take it back after u beat it.

EHWfedPres
06-28-2002, 10:48 AM
are u dumb? u just said take max payne back after u beat it. its no fun. some people think it is that dont mean u go take it back after u beat it.

I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are, so stop crying about it.

Tkf5000
06-28-2002, 03:07 PM
omg. i no but u just said buy games for fun not beating them. dang! u must have the smaller attention span than a squirrel. u say the dumbest things. a whole thread gets a glitch to work and u say uhh....it dont work im dumb.and then u say id belive my dog before id belive OXM. well what do u read?PSM? ive heard u say some dumb stuff. and how would u no im crying? are u some kind of freak who looks in peoples windows all the time?

cityson
06-28-2002, 04:39 PM
omg. i no but u just said buy games for fun not beating them.

Yea, that's what you say to my Wreckless. You say that playin Wreckless is for fun, not to beat it.

EHWfedPres
06-29-2002, 10:00 AM
omg. i no but u just said buy games for fun not beating them. dang! u must have the smaller attention span than a squirrel. u say the dumbest things. a whole thread gets a glitch to work and u say uhh....it dont work im dumb.and then u say id belive my dog before id belive OXM. well what do u read?PSM? ive heard u say some dumb stuff. and how would u no im crying? are u some kind of freak who looks in peoples windows all the time?

You should cut the crap already because your not making any friends. You have to change the subject to get your point across, what a little baby. You mommy has your bottle, little prick. You have to realize that just because your opinion differs from mine dosent mean either one of us is right. Just cool down and post something logical for once. Im sick and tired of hearing you cry about everything around here. Grow up already.

Tkf5000
06-30-2002, 03:56 PM

You should cut the crap already because your not making any friends. You have to change the subject to get your point across, what a little baby. You mommy has your bottle, little prick. You have to realize that just because your opinion differs from mine dosent mean either one of us is right. Just cool down and post something logical for once. Im sick and tired of hearing you cry about everything around here. Grow up already.
U say something that dont have to do with everthing and u dont listen to anything anyone says. one second you say sumthins *** and the next u say its awesome. And like jaxx and that one dood said u ride the "short bus". "Daweelsondabusgowoundandwound" remeber lol? and talk about friends, name 1 person that DOESNT hate you and think your *** and annoyin and u BS about everything.

EHWfedPres
07-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Do you always have to change the subject and curse alot to get your point across? I'd have to say you are 10 or 11, judging on your actions.

Tkf5000
07-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Do you always have to change the subject and curse alot to get your point across? I'd have to say you are 10 or 11, judging on your actions.
Hmm did i change the subject...no? And like i said before u must be some kind of freak who looks in peoples windows because u think im 10 or 11. U should shuttup because everybody hates u and u complain about everything.

SMARTGAMER69
07-03-2002, 01:14 AM
If you are not sure about buying the game I suggest renting it. I tried both with Maddgames.com and was happy I didn’t buy either game.

EHWfedPres
07-03-2002, 02:12 AM
Everyone hates me and I complain about everything. :rolleyes:

Please just drop it already, nobody, including myself, wants to hear you carry on about how you think im juvenile, ok?

Tkf5000
07-03-2002, 08:22 AM
Everyone hates me and I complain about everything. :rolleyes:

Please just drop it already, nobody, including myself, wants to hear you carry on about how you think im juvenile, ok?
I just looked and saw that u responded to the thread and i was about to say the same thing. we ain getting anywhere just sittin here saying crap.

EHWfedPres
07-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I agree...lets just both shut the hell up and make amends, ok?

Tkf5000
07-03-2002, 07:13 PM
yea.

EHWfedPres
07-04-2002, 01:29 PM
ok. :)

Spaztic
07-05-2002, 11:56 AM
I owned pgr, and currently own test drive! I would take test drive hands down! Pgr has better graphics, but the control, sound, and ai is crap! I hate PGR and wouldn't **** on it to put out a fire!

Test drive is off the hook! I haven't been able to put down this game! Now this is a warning this game is like crusing usa, it is an arcade style game! The speed is awsome, the tracks are very nice, the graphics eventhough they aren't nice as pgr they look good. The sdtk on this game is awsome! The cars are sweet, the sounds or the car's rule! Zipping in and out of trafic gives you a huge rush!....now to the bad, the AI is pretty cheep, they will speed up and pass you like you are standing still sometimes, if you crash they will stop and wait, now it is kinda annoying because it really comes down to the last 30 sec of the race every race, but then again it really makes some white nuckle races, which I enjoy! Other then the AI this game kicks serious ass

I give it a 8.5/10 due to AI and Graphics being somewhat below par!

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Your kidding me right? PGR is way better, Test Drive is only a lousy port. Did you even read any reviews!! And the lines are so ****ing annoying!!

Spaztic
07-05-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Your kidding me right? PGR is way better, Test Drive is only a lousy port. Did you even read any reviews!! And the lines are so ****ing annoying!!

I don't give a **** about anyone elses reviews. I like the game, port or not! I think PGR sucks, there is nothing to convince me otherwise, did you read my review on PGR? The lines in some of the races do suck! That is for sure, especially the night tracks, it can get a little disorienting! But all in all I love this game!

ScorpionX
07-05-2002, 06:25 PM
I think Test Drive is a better game. Drag racing is very fun and so is cop chase and has a great soundtrack. Sure the graphics aren't that great but the gameplay makes up for it. I didn't like PGR that much because it was too turn oriented and gets old pretty quick.

cityson
07-06-2002, 04:01 AM
What are you talking about????? Test Drive's good? Well, I don't mean it's a bad game, but it is when compared to PGR. Test Drive was bad since Playstation and Dreamcast.....And I can't believe Infogrames made 6 of them....BTW, the best one was Test Drive: Le Mans!

http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/testdrive6/bg15.jpg

Dreamcast's Test Drive 6...

ScorpionX
07-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Test Drive 6 was awesome! Me and my friend used to have pink slip races and played that game for endless hours. I liked that you could buy your car and earn money in carrer mode.

cityson
07-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Yea, but you see the graphics.....They are cut and paste.

EHWfedPres
07-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Yea, but you see the graphics.....They are cut and paste.

Who gives a shìt. If the game is good, it;s good no matter what it looks like. SFPWXP is probably the greatest wrestling game ever made but it looks horrible. Then again it was on SNES, but it is still a great damn game. animations are actually smooth unlike the 3 frame crap in other snes games...