PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live and Surround Sound

EggsBox
06-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know if Xbox Live supports dolby digital surround sound? When I'm sneaking up on my victims from behind on Unreal Championship, will they hear my footsteps behind them?

MOrgE
06-11-2002, 07:09 AM
i'm sure that since Halo supported Dolby Digital, Unreal Tournament shouldn't be too far behind...

i think it will support it as i dont see any reasons why it wouldn't...

Hugh_Jass
06-11-2002, 07:46 AM
XBOX Live is not the determining factor for sound. Either the game supports Dolby Digital 5.1 or it doesn't. Being online or not is irrelevant.

Frostberg
06-11-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by EggsBox
Does anyone know if Xbox Live supports dolby digital surround sound? When I'm sneaking up on my victims from behind on Unreal Championship, will they hear my footsteps behind them?
Well, dont expect every gamer to have surround sound...but they should!

OppiumNitrates
06-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by EggsBox

this is why when i play Halo online on XBConnect i jack the volume on my TV and sterio up(especially the rear speakers). . . . and the sound of foot steps behind me or someone changing a wepon has saved my life many-a-time . . . .

i agree with huge_ass on this one . . . the games will be made with or without the 5.1 option

JJaX
06-11-2002, 11:50 AM
No offense but this is the dumbest question ive heard since i was like 6.

Casper
06-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
No offense but this is the dumbest question ive heard since i was like 6.

Therefore it gets the pic of the day:
http://www.fazed.net/humor/images/actstupid.jpg

Welcome to XBA eggs....enjoy the humor kid...or it will be a hard ride for ya ;)

BCan
06-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

this is why when i play Halo online on XBConnect i jack the volume on my TV and sterio up(especially the rear speakers). . . . and the sound of foot steps behind me or someone changing a wepon has saved my life many-a-time . . . .

i agree with huge_ass on this one . . . the games will be made with or without the 5.1 option

Are you "cheating" by tweaking your speaker levels so that the rears are unusually loud compared to what you have them on when you usually use your Dolby Digital system?!

l Maximus l
06-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Ah, man...I saw this sweet surround sound box set at the electronics store that I still work part-time at (I work there two days per week only 4 hours each time). It is made by Pioneer and comes with a 600 watt Dolby Digital and DTS receiver! It's silver in color (which is nice, I think). It costs $339.99 on sale. The only downfall of the Receiver is that it only has one Optical input. But, hey...if I ever wanted to upgrade the Receiver down the road, of course, that would be easy. Now, I just need to convince the wife! :confused:

Frostberg
06-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Maxy, she let you buy that big ass TV...what are you worried about, lol...