PDA

View Full Version : The New MOD Chip

dmasini
06-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Anyone hear anything about how well the MOD chip works? And how would you go about making "backups" of your games on a DVD-R??

mosaicOFdelrium
06-11-2002, 09:25 AM
all i would like to know is where i can get one, do you know?

Scarlet Spider
06-11-2002, 10:03 AM
http://www.ps2modchip.com/flash/xbox_mods.htm
you can get one there, and if you search the web you can find some, but i wouldnt buy one right now, 29-49!!! thats to many chances to mess up my xbox for me, im waiting till they get down to 9 or 10, like psx, or an external one.

Frostberg
06-11-2002, 10:16 AM
I still would be too worried I would mess up my Xbox sodering in those 29 wires...plus I would be worried about downl;oading a virus encoded game disc...easier to pay the $50

dmasini
06-11-2002, 11:55 AM
There is actually a MOD coming out soon with 17 wires from what I read. But I agree, I don't particularly want to mess with my XBox. But I am still curious if someone has found a way to copy a game to a DVD-R...

Spaztic
06-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Well I know all about the xbox modding scene. There is a enigmah-x chip that is going to have 12 wires...it hasn't come out yet.

I modded my xbox, not to pirate games but to enjoy some of the benefits of my mods. Yes I could burn games, but I don't have one or own one. I cannot honestly say that I will never burn a game but I making enough money, and the handful of games that I want I can afford! I mainly modded my box to turn off macrovision protection, and I can also play vcd/avi/mp3 formats. I can also save movies on my drive! Its pretty cool!

I will never tell anyone were to get pirated games! No one here will either! This is a xbox fan site not a xbox pirate site! If you want that info look someplace else. Just look on a search engine. Most info to find stuff can be found in forums.
(not xbox fan sites!)

To mod you xbox it takes some expertise, it is something a normal Joe can do. First off I want to warn some people thinking about this. Mods require you to open up your xbox, once that is done you warrenty is void, and if you mess up you are screwed.
The mod also requires sodering, which is easy to mess up if you don't know what you are doing.

I didn't buy any of the mod chips, I got ahold of the xtenders bios dump and burnt a eprom chip and created my own chip...it cost about $10. This again is something more advanced, don't try it unless you know what you are doing.

Snoopy7548
06-11-2002, 02:24 PM
id only do it if there was a place that soldered stuff in my town or something. i wouldnt do it myself, id probly break my xbox

Scarlet Spider
06-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

I will never tell anyone were to get pirated games! No one here will either! now, i dont wanna get on your bad side but, if you want pirated games, and you have a cd burner, all you have to do Snoop, is go to block buster, rent the game, burn it and you have it!

Originally posted by Shaggy
Mods require you to open up your xbox, once that is done you warrenty is void, and if you mess up you are screwed.
a little hint to get around that, if you mess up your xbox, go to the store, buy another one, open that one up take out the insides put them in your old xbox, take out your old insides put them in the new xbox and take that one back to the store

i have a little bird that used to mod/pirate PSX.

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
I still would be too worried I would mess up my Xbox sodering in those 29 wires...plus I would be worried about downl;oading a virus encoded game disc...easier to pay the $50

yeah..i agree

E-Xbox
06-11-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
id only do it if there was a place that soldered stuff in my town or something. i wouldnt do it myself, id probly break my xbox

yea...
i would like an external one!

peace

tmo
06-11-2002, 04:44 PM
I have a friend that has fitted the chip and it works a treat. Also has other plans..........

MethodZ
06-11-2002, 05:12 PM
also lik-sang.com sells them and got a little info on them too

Snoopy7548
06-11-2002, 05:16 PM
if there was an external one, id be all up in that hizzy fo sheezy, lol. id buy it soooo fast though. id copy my own games from blockbuster or somethin. lol, i aways used to copy ps1 games from blockbuster, i probly copied about 100 games from them, lol:D

Spaztic
06-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
now, i dont wanna get on your bad side but, if you want pirated games, and you have a cd burner, all you have to do Snoop, is go to block buster, rent the game, burn it and you have it!

a little hint to get around that, if you mess up your xbox, go to the store, buy another one, open that one up take out the insides put them in your old xbox, take out your old insides put them in the new xbox and take that one back to the store

i have a little bird that used to mod/pirate PSX.

hate to break it to you but if you put a xbox game in your cdrom on your computer it will not recgonize it! Go try! So renting a game from blockbuster and trying to burn it will not work.......go to isonews.com (this is a iso site (iso=format pirated xbox games come in) that microsoft owns....kinda ironic if I don't say so myself!) and look under their xbox forums....you might have some luck finding what you need there, or at least a good way to get started!

Snoopy7548
06-11-2002, 05:30 PM
they have like 1 or 2 programs out on IRC that can read the cd, or the iso

Spaztic
06-11-2002, 05:40 PM
I got winrar to uncompress the files and nero to burn them. Is that what you are talking about or is there an actual progam that you can put the xbox game into you cd rom extract it and burn it to a dvd? If so what is this program called?! PM me if you don't want to post this mess!

Snoopy7548
06-11-2002, 06:02 PM
lol, i heard of one on IRC, it can like read the cd when u put it in your drive. and i also think it can extract the iso, i forget. try asking around in some xbox channels:D

Spaztic
06-11-2002, 06:03 PM
yeah I don't think something like that is out....if that was the case riot and project-x release would be worthless!

Scarlet Spider
06-11-2002, 06:29 PM
oh yeah thats right, i was thinkin psx, DUH! what a lamo i am, but im sure if i hunt i can find some sites to get games from

Rusted Gundam
06-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Yea,one of the reasons I bought a Xbox is cause I hoped some garage hacker makes a emulator for the Xbox to play PS2 or Gamecube games, I know this probably wont happen..A person can dream cant they ;) Then I own all 3 systems in one box haha./

E-Xbox
06-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mad Dasher
Yea,one of the reasons I bought a Xbox is cause I hoped some garage hacker makes a emulator for the Xbox to play PS2 or Gamecube games, I know this probably wont happen..A person can dream cant they ;) Then I own all 3 systems in one box haha./
the solution..
yoshiis box..
that thing is amazing!

peace

Frostberg
06-11-2002, 09:48 PM
but expensive though...and amazingly heavy...but it looks cool!

E-Xbox
06-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
but expensive though...and amazingly heavy...but it looks cool!
yea!
i still think he shouldve added some other stuff..
like dc...
and stuff..

peace

Hermes
06-12-2002, 07:46 AM
I just wanted to say to everybody thinking of modding your xbox ,and this is especially true for anyone planning on playing backups. It is very impotant to have good solid solder points so always use at least a 200 watt or higher gun type iron and acid core flux. This is very important. This is coming from someone with a background in Electronics. :)

MethodZ
06-12-2002, 01:07 PM
yoshis box?

Dre
06-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Paul86
yoshis box?

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html

MethodZ
06-12-2002, 01:24 PM
that must of costed him 1500$ i would of just bought ever thing seperate