PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind or other game hmm...?

Kev Van Dam
06-11-2002, 10:52 AM
what is the game MOrrowind about how good is that game im gettin 2nd thoughts now between Rallisports challenge, hunter: the reckoning, and Morrowind but its a more likely a hunter & ralisport head 2 head not much morrowind sine its 1 player im not to intersted in single playing for xbox YET...I will be though usually when i first buy a new system i usually go for mutliplaying sine its hot the new ssystem and my friends & I usually would play it together fo ra while once it gets not so hot between my friends & I then ya its single playin games time...

Soooo what game besides halo should i get?

Tkf5000
06-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Morrowind. It takes halo throws it off its thrown and breaks its neck. Morrowind seems like a mmorpg kinda because the amount of interaction with characters. u can pk like on a mmorpg and u can just talk to people and steal stuff. the game is so huge it will scare the crap outa u. i was lvl 2 trying to egt to balmora and i got lost and eneded up in all these big places and i kept looking on the map and i barely went anywhere and i was lost like 3+ hours!

FuNkY mOnK
06-11-2002, 08:13 PM
Morrowind is the escape from realty to the reality of the fantasy that’s the bottom line.

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 11:19 AM
This game is too good for words. If you liked gta3 youll probly like this. if you liked everquest or baldurs gate ull probly like this. if you like the great graphics of doa3 youll like this. this game has everything that could possibly be in a game except runnin people over with cars.

Woocifer
06-12-2002, 12:59 PM
umm...I didn't think it was that great...and I like a lot of the other things you said tfk....

Actually I kinda found the graphics in this game to be pretty bland, the animation to be pretty ticky, the effects to be engrossing but buggy...the talking to be repetative and pointless....the quests don't make too much difference, if they do it is VERY subtle...

This game is not the be all end all, and saying it crushes Halo is really...well pretty damn harsh.

I say rent it and try it first to anyone who asks just because really...this game actually disappointed me personally and furthermore this steadfast support it is getting is really getting on my nerves :)

I haven't heard anyone actually explain why picking up a spoon or reading the same responses over and over again is fun. Or how the water looks so real when the reflections change quite drastically and abruptly(like one minute its a mirror, next its kinda clear) when the weather or time changes...or maybe its sitting there pressing the trigger constantly trying to hit another creature basically hitting once every 15 swings...or how the textures of the ground and rocks look like crappy bitmaps(where as Halo there is pure detail when you look at the grass).

I dunno man...this is not the game to beat...

FuNkY mOnK
06-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Unless you love this game you cannot imagine what this world has to offer, for anyone just jumping in because of the hype surrounding it? Will not gain access to morrowind’s core.

Tkf5000
06-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Well this game gets better as u go on. at first your a lvl 1 nobody. you can barely kill a rat if you life depends on it.once you get around lvl 10 you hit about every 2 times average. right now i am lvl 7 and without any magic or anything i manage to hit about 5 times in a row a few times. You may be weak at the begining but i was lvl 6 and because i worked so hard on getting armor and getting my weapons i beat the guys in the sewers of the first vivic building (the orc guard,the mage orc, andsome really really hard japanese-like armor longname orc). soon when you progress to higher levels youll always hit people with your bow and youll always strike someone with your katana.woocifer , actually the people in this game arent very great looking but at least this game has a lot of detail. and the weather affects are great. its not like gta3 where the rain just starts. in morrowind itll slowly start and the clouds will change. and woocifer i actually did overegzagerate. in another post i changed it and said instead of knoking halo of the thrown, it pulled up a chair next to it.another thing is spell my name right. i hate that. everybody always says tfk