PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies Questions

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 01:24 PM
I have a qustion regarding the game "Star Wars Galaxies" (that will be out at a future date).

I checked the official website for some answers, but I still have nagging questions.

one of them is the following:

In the game, I am told that PC's (Player Characters) will be able to chose to play as a bounty hunter. Ok...that is cool. now, as a bounty hunter, you can hunt down PC's that have broken contracts, stolen, etc. My questions is 'let's say your bounty hunter has been assigned to track down "Mr. X" [example PC character name]. When you get to where "Mr. X" is, the PLAYER playing "Mr. X" is not currently playing the game online at that moment. what happens?' "Does the game replace 'Mr. X' with an NPC, or what?"

For some reason, that question is really nagging me.....

If anyone knows the answers, or has opinions/ideas on this or any other question, please post!

Dre
06-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
I have a qustion regarding the game "Star Wars Galaxies" (that will be out at a future date).

I checked the official website for some answers, but I still have nagging questions.

one of them is the following:

In the game, I am told that PC's (Player Characters) will be able to chose to play as a bounty hunter. Ok...that is cool. now, as a bounty hunter, you can hunt down PC's that have broken contracts, stolen, etc. My questions is 'let's say your bounty hunter has been assigned to track down "Mr. X" [example PC character name]. When you get to where "Mr. X" is, the PLAYER playing "Mr. X" is not currently playing the game online at that moment. what happens?' "Does the game replace 'Mr. X' with an NPC, or what?"

For some reason, that question is really nagging me.....

If anyone knows the answers, or has opinions/ideas on this or any other question, please post!

Thats a fantastic question.. you should send that in to OXM because I don't think we'll get a 100% answer here in the forums... although OXM might be able to answer ya and publish the info. I hope its not just replaced with an NPC.. It would be so much fun to be actually tracking some real dude down without him even knowing about you. And then you slip some poison or something in his drink when he's not looking or something cool like that :)

symposiumx
06-11-2002, 03:20 PM
thank you for the compliment!

Can you give me any advice on who to send this question to?

A.I. has the potential to be fun, but It is no match for actual PC's intelligence. Meaning, pitting your game wits against another human being will "always" be more enjoyable!!