PDA

View Full Version : User reviews on gamers.com and ign...

yall
06-11-2002, 02:57 PM
I was just checking out some of the user reviews for different games on some of these game sites (mostly gamers.com) and was surspised by some of the low average scores on some xbox games. So out of curiosity (well, ok boredom) i dug a little deeper to find out why. What I found really p****d me off. Most of the reviews were legit ones, by people that obviously played the games, and the scores for these reviews were usually pretty high. But for every few good reviews there would be a review from someone who scored the game a '1' and just posted rants like "bill gates must die" and "xbox sux, ps2 rulez". I like to get together on forums to discuss games I like, but I cant imagine being such a loser with that much time on my hands. The worst part is when someone goes to look at the user reviews of a game and sees that it only got a 7, they might not rent or purchase it. Even though it may really have been an 8 or 9. How annoying.
Oh and for those of you wondering whether morrowind is a good purchase? trust me it is. just go check out any xbox or pc forum, and you'll see there are 10 positive reviews for every negative one. Just remember there were people that didnt like halo also....

faceoff508
06-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Same here at XBA some people come here and score a game a one, because they THINK its *** or its a bad game with out trying it out!

yall
06-11-2002, 03:05 PM
some of these idiots have even scored games that arent out yet. the sites shouldnt allow a user review of a game to be have a score until it has been released. some idiot gave project ego a 1 for cryin out loud. obviously he is bored with his gc or ps2.

faceoff508
06-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Heres an example, look what I found a t game spot: for Halo:

Only play this game if you don't own another system or don't own a computer. May I remind you that this is coming out for the computer? Having internet play? I had more fun playing Star Fox 64. Even Perfect Dark, over a year old, has never been bested. Buy a Playstation 2. It has Metal Gear Solid 2,GTAIII, Tony Hawk 3, Tekken, Soul Calibur 2, Dynasty Warriors 3, Gran Turismo 3, Ace of Combat 4, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X, XI, XII, Half Life, Blood Omen 2, Max Payne, Deus Ex, RPG Maker, Remakes of old Final Fantasies, Timesplitters, Dead or Alive 2, Age of Empires, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia, Onimusha Warlords 1&2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Silent Hill 2, Kessen, Red Faction, Baldur's Gate, Capcom vs. SNK, Dark Cloud, Armored Core, Madden, Xenosaga, Wipeout Fusion, Twisted Metal: Black, Tribes 2, Devil May Cry, Tenchu 3, Suikoden 3, SSX, SOCOM Navy Seals, Ridge Racer, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Project Eden, Parappa the Rapper 2, Medal of Honor, Klonoa 2, Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Guilty Gear X, Extreme-G3, Commandos 2, Ape Escape, did I mention that it has backwards compatibility? Try and beat that on any system. I'll type this up again if I don't get posted. Take that Halo, you stink!!!!

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 03:35 PM
fanboys fanboys fanboys..:rolleyes:

E-Xbox
06-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
fanboys fanboys fanboys..:rolleyes:

yea..
when will they every learn!

peace

spliffdUP
06-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Well if the only system you own is PS2 you have to be a fanboy. They know they have a crappier system and the only thing they have to brag about is a few games(which will be forgotten in a few months when all the newer Xbox games come out and totally blow those away) It seems like Xbox owners are more mature so we dont have to do fanboyish type crap cause we KNOW we got the better system.

aronx
06-11-2002, 06:54 PM
I only read/write user reviews for entertainment purposes only. I'm usually serious if I write a review and have spent some time playing the game. When deciding to buy a game, I usually read the reviews of people who get paid to write the review (gamespot, IGN, etc..). I think most of the people who write reviews only have an adequate grasp of the english language or their just retarded.