PDA

View Full Version : PSO bundled with xbox live?!?!

Kraft
06-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Hey all, just read the front page that says MS is bundling phantasy star with the XBoxLive starter kit... Does that mean they are dropping that racing game? or is MS going to offer a selection of starter kits? Thought maybe someone had some more news on it..

Plewis
06-11-2002, 07:48 PM
i interpreted it the same way at first... but PSO is a sega game... so i very much doubt it

wweomaniac
06-11-2002, 07:53 PM
I don't see it anywhere.. what r u talking about?

wweomaniac
06-11-2002, 07:55 PM
oh... frontpage of xboxaddict.com
i thought it was xbox.com

anyways... i think this is only in japan. I do believe its happening. MS need to pull a big stunt like this in order tog et more sales.

CodeMonkey
06-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Yeah i was reading this, its only for japan and the get its for 56 yen is it. and correct me if im wrong, u get revolt:D

Also this page seemed to take forever to load

Highlite23
06-12-2002, 12:05 AM
It sounds like that's exactlly what they are planning. If so this will catapolt XBOX forward in Japan.

Phantasy Star Online was an amazing game and an even more amazing on-line experience that Japan loved.

In my opinion, if not for Sega Net being defunct basically, PSO was reason enough to buy a DC.

My only wish would be that they do the same thing in the states. We can only hope.

Kraft
06-12-2002, 12:08 AM
oh my god, highlite... your sig is 5 times longer than your message... and your message is double spaced!

Frink
06-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
oh my god, highlite... your sig is 5 times longer than your message... and your message is double spaced! lol. No one can complain about my sig, it is very small in size, and has a quote that will lighten your gloomy day everytime you read it.

Anyway, back to the topic. I have never played PSO so I have no real opinion on it. But, I have heard it is a great game. As most have said, it will most likely be PSO in Japan, and Revolt in the USA, though I would like to see PSO in America. I also think a great idea would be to have a selection of starter kits (like Plewis said) so that a fan of every genre (racing, action, RPG, etc.) has a game to start with, so people won't be turned off by the packaged game.

Also, is there any confirmed figures on the price yet? Is it $50 a year, or $10 a month?

Crazy Joe
06-12-2002, 12:15 AM
i would much rather have PSO than some racing game, but it would probably be way more popular in Japan than here.

Kraft
06-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
i would much rather have PSO than some racing game, but it would probably be way more popular in Japan than here.

I'd go for PSO too. Even if I could run a 30 car indy heat... I wouldn't care. Racing isn't my thing and I would rather have some other game bundled with my set.

l Maximus l
06-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by professor_frink
Also, is there any confirmed figures on the price yet? Is it $50 a year, or $10 a month?

Hey, buddy....for a single payment of $49.99 you get: 1. The XBox Communicator, 2. The game: Revolt, and 3. A total of 12 months of unlimited access to XBox Live! As for what happens after the first year is yet to be known, yet determined even by Microsoft.

This deal will even make the most skeptical PC gamers that are used to playing on-line for free smile with glee!!! :D

sinizuh
06-12-2002, 12:47 AM
who knows... we might get PSO AND Revolt ;) because they said the starter pack would come with a bunch of games... but the only one annouced was revolt... and revolt is a fun game.

Crazy Joe
06-12-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
who knows... we might get PSO AND Revolt ;) because they said the starter pack would come with a bunch of games... but the only one annouced was revolt... and revolt is a fun game.

that is a good point sinizuh, they never finalized and said "this is what the package is"

l Maximus l
06-12-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh

Good point....I guess we'll see what happens...and, I totally agree that Revolt is a fun game! I was a fan of the game the very moment I realized I was driving my RC car through a neighborhood with curbs and all :D

X-Factor
06-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Good point....I guess we'll see what happens...and, I totally agree that Revolt is a fun game! I was a fan of the game the very moment I realized I was driving my RC car through a neighborhood with curbs and all :D Revolt...a fun game? I have never played it...what console is it for? :confused:

SpartanSniper
06-12-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
It sounds like that's exactlly what they are planning. If so this will catapolt XBOX forward in Japan.

Phantasy Star Online was an amazing game and an even more amazing on-line experience that Japan loved.

In my opinion, if not for Sega Net being defunct basically, PSO was reason enough to buy a DC.

My only wish would be that they do the same thing in the states. We can only hope.

PSO was an awesome game

mosaicOFdelrium
06-12-2002, 07:03 AM
this is bs. just cuz the Xbox ain't doing so good in japan but is doing even better in America, they should release PSO in japan only and leave America with a retarded game that never even came out? doesn't make no sense, ****.

Hugh_Jass
06-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by mosaicOFdelrium
this is bs. just cuz the Xbox ain't doing so good in japan but is doing even better in America, they should release PSO in japan only and leave America with a retarded game that never even came out? doesn't make no sense, ****.

Japan loves RPGs. MS knows this and sees a weakness in Sony and Nintendo's online strategies. If they can provide the ultimate online experience and a kick-@ss game in Japan it will sell a lot of consoles.

RPGs don't have as broad of an appeal in North America. Racing games appease the masses. Personally, I would rather have PSO, too, but I'm also willing to buy it later. I don't think we're being ripped-off at $50 for a year of service plus the starter bundle.

Laxeph
06-12-2002, 08:43 AM
I know that there is a form of Revolt for Dreamcast. I also think that there might be some form on the PSONE.

Highlite23
06-12-2002, 08:50 AM
oh my god, highlite... your sig is 5 times longer than your message... and your message is double spaced!

Just trying to be informative Kraft, If a mod tells me to shorten it i will.
Nice sig by the way...Notice no double spacings were harmed in this message.

:rolleyes:

Crazy Joe
06-12-2002, 11:43 AM
here's the main thing, I don't think PSO will be available when XboxLive launches in North America, would you rather wait until it goes live in Japan or get to go online months before?

Kraft
06-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

Just trying to be informative Kraft, If a mod tells me to shorten it i will.
Nice sig by the way...Notice no double spacings were harmed in this message.

:rolleyes:

Sorry about complaining highlite, as you can see I am a big ASS... well, actually I am a member of the Association for Short Sigs (ASS).

xboxmaster2002
06-12-2002, 12:18 PM
id much rather have PSOv.2 in my starter kit than revolt i hope they put PSOv.2 in the US starter kits

xboxmaster2002
06-12-2002, 12:59 PM
I was thinking that its not in our starter kit because its coming out like the same time as the xbox live service launches... because i doubt that they are going to release PSOv.2 when PSO2 is coming out

Kraft
06-12-2002, 01:02 PM
I thought that PSOv.2 was another name for PSO2...

xboxmaster2002
06-12-2002, 01:09 PM
no there 2 different games

Dre
06-12-2002, 01:11 PM
PSO... I think it would be really cool if they actually just gave us a coupon or something and we could send it in with our choice of game (PSO or Revolt)! But, I'm all about the RPG so I'd definitely go with PSO... I've never played a MMORPG (don't want to pay monthly for a game), so I'd love trying this out.

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Hey all, just read the front page that says MS is bundling phantasy star with the XBoxLive starter kit... Does that mean they are dropping that racing game? or is MS going to offer a selection of starter kits? Thought maybe someone had some more news on it..
i hope u get to pick one launch title to come with it..
ill pick unreal championship for sure!

peace