PDA

View Full Version : Was the delay worth it?

Plewis
06-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Ok, Im getting Morrowind tommorow... but if I remember right we initially expected this title in March... would you have rather started the game a few months ago and have a few bugs and framerate problems or are you glad they delayed it

JimmieDoogan
06-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Not in the sense that I'm disappointed in the game, but rather because I doubt it did them any good. I think they are heavy and lazy coders. If a NON PC company had ported this game it would look better. For instance, if SEGA had done it, it would run faster and look better (not than the PC version but than it does now on Xbox). For instance (though he is a known PC developer) Peter Molenux is doing AMAZING things. Have you seen those PROJECT EGO pics. OMG! You can see very far and there are LOTS of things on screen, and if the trailer is any indication, it should move (frame rate and animation) smoothly. Bethesda is just lazy. Blue Box (Molenux's sattelite studio) looks to have things going right. Not to mention PHANTAGRAM. They are doing ASTOUNDING things, such as DUALITY and STRIDENT. These look so graphically intense that it boggles the mind. Bethesda makes a fun game, but it just doesn't look the way a next gen game should. Thats My .70 cents.

NonFanboy
06-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
Ok, Im getting Morrowind tommorow... but if I remember right we initially expected this title in March... would you have rather started the game a few months ago and have a few bugs and framerate problems or are you glad they delayed it

I think that every delay is a good one, if a company decides to delay a product it is for good reason. The game, despite the delay has some framerate issue's and a few bugs. I am not sure of the exact framerate but my guess is 15 fps, but it doesnt bother me too much. The visuals are decent, but not up to the PC's, although Xbox's hardware is similer to a PC's it doesnt have the same resources. I think that if Bestheda (or whatever its name is) had reworked Morrowind for the Xbox then it might have been up to par with the PC version, but this whould have taken awhile.

zfBRAT
06-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Within the first hour of playing Morrowind, I turned myself in for stealing a cane...lol

Dre
06-12-2002, 08:33 AM
I am hooked on this game. It has become my new drug of choice. Well.. along with others.. This game rocks. I love it, there are not many games that have ever had me this hooked. Yes the wait was worth it. If it fixed just one bug it was worth it, because it brought this game one step closer to gaming perfection! Oh.. and yes.. I do like this game :)

zfBRAT
06-15-2002, 06:19 AM
Morrowind was well worth the wait. I'm not even close to halfway throught. I know I won't be buying any games for quite awhile. I love Hunter, but it's been pushed aside. My roommate doesn't even know if it's safe to play SSX Tricky, while I'm involved in Morrowind. I stick the cd in for her, so she can't mess up my saves on Morrowind :p