PDA

View Full Version : Why should I get an Xbox?

Gaseoussnake
06-12-2002, 11:35 AM
I wanna get an Xbox but im not really sure about it.What are the benefits that i will gain if i were to get one?

P.S I dont like online gaming

Hugh_Jass
06-12-2002, 12:17 PM
If you have to ask you don't deserve one.

Kraft
06-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey gaseous :) Welcome to the forums! If you are actually looking for a decent debate as to which console to buy if you can only get one, you might want to post this in the console debate forum. You will encounter a lot of biased opinion here. Oh, and just offhand here are some things you will get from the xbox that you won't from any other system

Built in hard-drive
Built in ethernet
in game dolby 5.1 coding capable sound
3 billion dollar gaming network courtesy of MS
tight exclusives such as Halo, Hunter and more
tighter exclusives yet to come (*cough*project ego*cough*)
Ability to rip music to HD for soudntracks to certain games
Free online play now for certain games via XBConnect

CodeMonkey
06-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Well if you have done any research on the console, then u know what its capable of. I personally think it’s a great console with many unique features. There’s some great games coming out for the Xbox, plus the Xboxonline experience, which I’m sure will be amazing, with its voice communicator and voice manipulating feature…

So if you like the look, and what you have heard then get the X. If not try looking at other consoles. It should be what u think will provide you with the most gaming pleasure….

Hope this helps
:D

Xbox Owner
06-12-2002, 12:43 PM
Yeah, pretty much what those guys said. Here are some stats, though.

http://www.gamecubicle.com/system-gamecube-comparison.htm

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 02:29 PM
get the xbox!
and what do u mean u dont like online gaming?!?!?!

peace

Gaseoussnake
06-12-2002, 02:45 PM
Im not all that okay with online gaming cuz i dont have the privilage of Broadband where i live(and we all know that the xbox is the only console that seems to be ready).

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake
Im not all that okay with online gaming cuz i dont have the privilage of Broadband where i live(and we all know that the xbox is the only console that seems to be ready).
oh ..
well xbox live is gonna be amazing!

peace

Gaseoussnake
06-12-2002, 03:04 PM
But i still think that I am gonna get it cuz i played Halo and Max payne over at my cousins house and i was more than impressed.

BTW what titles should i get for the Xbox.

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 03:09 PM
But i still think that I am gonna get it cuz i played Halo and Max payne over at my cousins house and i was more than impressed.

BTW what titles should i get for the Xbox.
halo..
morrowind...

rallisport..
pgr..

thps3...
amped..

peace

Kraft
06-12-2002, 03:09 PM
i wouldn't bother with max payne, that game takes all of 5 hours to beat. Check out Hunter, morrowing (if you have to have rpgs), and... umm... what type of games do you like?

tamim
06-12-2002, 03:18 PM
for a better comparism list, click http://www.planetxbox.com/about/compare/

and abt games....Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Hunter, Jet Set Radio Future, Amped, NBA inside drive 2002 , Blood Omen 2, Spiderman (sweet) and a heck lot of others

Gaseoussnake
06-12-2002, 03:21 PM
I like RPGS,Survival Heroes,Soccer,Racing,Action Adventure etc.I like all the categories(genre)

wweomaniac
06-12-2002, 03:23 PM
cuz playing games on the computer makes you a nerd.
xbox is a scoial thing.
xbox (and ps2 for that matter) is for cooler people. But if you play too much, youre still considered a nerd.
Halo is a wicked game.
get it now!!

FuNkY mOnK
06-12-2002, 03:27 PM
This is the best time to buy an xbox a lot more games came out and the price dropped to 199.00. xbox future titles are spectacular. There’s no better time to be an xbox owner, I know the feeling since nov 15th.

:)

Gaseoussnake
06-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Thats why i wanna get one the line up is gonna be SO HUGE.

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 03:42 PM
I like RPGS,Survival Heroes,Soccer,Racing,Action Adventure etc.I like all the categories(genre)
rpgs: definately morrowind..
one of the best rpgs ever..

racing: rallisport or pgr

peace

FuNkY mOnK
06-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Thats why i wanna get one the line up is gonna be SO HUGE.
You aint seen nothing yet, wait till the green pill kicks in, my advice to you, hang on son this ride is going to get wicked.

Laxeph
06-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Really, all you have to do is look at what kind of games you like. Then pick the consol that has a plethera of those games.