PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do???

WZERGeek
06-12-2002, 01:24 PM
My xbox is broke. Should i Send it away for $130 and get it replaced or repaired or should i just buy a new one for $200. If i got it repaired, that means i would pay $430 for my xbox. if i bought a new one, it would be like having 2 xbox's, (one broken). but something might happen with the broken one (sell it, Fix it?, smash it with a hammer). What do you think i should do? thanks

I bought mine from circuit city around launch, does any one know of some policy they have that would help?

BTW my xbox is out of warranty.

JJaX
06-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Bring that s4it in back in the box and say you wanna return it. Try going to walmart, they will ask for a recipet but say it was a present. Then they will say "we can only give you store credit". Take the store credit and buy a new one. Be sure to wipe out your HD 1st too

Kraft
06-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Bring that s4it in back in the box and say you wanna return it. Try going to walmart, they will ask for a recipet but say it was a present. Then they will say "we can only give you store credit". Take the store credit and buy a new one. Be sure to wipe out your HD 1st too

hey J, how is he gonna erase the HD when the thing is broke? Actually it depends on how it is broke, I guess. WZER, what is wrong with it? Depending on the problem. you might be able to fix it yourself..

Casper
06-12-2002, 01:55 PM
He could always take a strong magnet to it...

...then again that would wipe out the ENTIRE thing ;)

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by casper
He could always take a strong magnet to it...

...then again that would wipe out the ENTIRE thing ;)
lol!
thats what we did to the computer monitor at school!
hehe

peace

tennyson
06-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Buy one of these:

http://www.origamiboulder.com

JimmieDoogan
06-12-2002, 04:18 PM
You could easily buy a new one and put the broken one back in the box, take it back and say its broken then you'll have two... Wassup!!

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
You could easily buy a new one and put the broken one back in the box, take it back and say its broken then you'll have two... Wassup!!
u cant do that..
hehe.
well if they are smart..
they check the code thing..
and then once it doesnt match..
ur screwed..

peace

JimmieDoogan
06-12-2002, 04:42 PM
And if you STILL Have the original box to your FIRST Xbox your set. I still have mine... hell I still have my SNES box from when I'd first bought that.

Spaztic
06-12-2002, 05:30 PM
dude go to walmart and return it! I could return used toilet paper to that place w/ no questions asked, and they don't check the numbers that would require to much logic, which most walmart employees don't possess! I love that store!

WZERGeek
06-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Shaggy (or anyone else)

i didn't buy my xbox at walmart. i got it at circuit city and that was in november.

E-Xbox
06-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by WZERGeek
Shaggy (or anyone else)

i didn't buy my xbox at walmart. i got it at circuit city and that was in november.
they know that..
but people have done that trick when they bought there xbox from like best buy ..

peace