PDA

View Full Version : dvdin'

hchytd
06-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone else had the "color/tint fade in and out (dark to light to dark to light) problem when playing dvds in their xbox. This has happened in 2 dvds so far (have only played 5) and it is highly distractive. Should I return mine for a new one...or is this problem to be expected with some dvds in the xbox. Know also that the dvds that did this problem were new recent releases (so they are not generation 1 dvds either).

Thanx all for your time and input

Spaztic
06-12-2002, 05:32 PM
it is called macrovision protection. You can't have the xbox hooked up into a vcr or you will have this problem. If you have no other choice but to hook it up to the vcr you have 2 options, go to radio shack and they have a deal that will turn it off, or get a xbox mod chip~!

Scarlet Spider
06-12-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
go to radio shack and they have a deal that will turn it off
really? whats it called? it works on the xbox? how do you use it? how much is it? can you give me a link to it? product number?

LynxFX
06-12-2002, 05:45 PM
It is called an RF modulator, $30 and works with anything with composite video cables.

Snoopy7548
06-12-2002, 05:59 PM
my dvd player sucks. its a hitachi (god i regret that purchase). my mom told me to pick out a dvd player, cause we were gonna buy one for my dad for christmas. and i narrowed it down to either the hitachi, or a pioneer one. so my mom bought the hitachi cause it had more features. god, the pioneer one was so much better, it had dual laser pickup and other stuff. anyway, the hitachi sucks ass, the video like skips at least 5 times in a movie. i have no idea why. and it does this with every movie i own, even the ones that arent dual layered. i cant bring it back cause we got it like 2 years ago. anyone know any solutions or anything? its soooo annoying:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kraft
06-12-2002, 06:13 PM
wow, your mom picked a hitachi over a pioneer dvd player? People should read up on stuff before going out and buying it lest they say "ooh, its all shiny!" or "oooh! look at all the buttons!" and have it crap out on them in a week.

LynxFX
06-12-2002, 08:30 PM
You can pick yourself up an Apex player for $65 this week at Circuit City. Probably would work out better than your Hitachi.

Apex, the little company that could.

DBXNY
06-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
wow, your mom picked a hitachi over a pioneer dvd player? People should read up on stuff before going out and buying it lest they say "ooh, its all shiny!" or "oooh! look at all the buttons!" and have it crap out on them in a week.

Actually, Pioneer players aren't that much better. Well, maybe in terms of reliability, but as far as quality goes, they're pretty much towards the bottom in my book.

Snoopy, I'd say screw it and go get yourself a nice Panasonic RV31/32 player. I'd be cautious of the Apex as they may die faster than that Hitachi. Although, in my opinion, the Apex does deliver a better picture than Pioneer.

BCan
06-13-2002, 05:29 AM
Stop playing your XBOX through your video, and it will work fine. As they have said, it is deliberate interference to stop people taping DVD's onto video.
Connect your XBOX directly to your TV.

MOrgE
06-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
You can pick yourself up an Apex player for $65 this week at Circuit City. Probably would work out better than your Hitachi.

Apex, the little company that could.

i've had my Apex-600A for over a year and a half now and truly love it.... hahahhahaha....
i guess i've become a little too attached to the hidden menus i guess :)

i couldn't agree more with your quote on, "Apex, the little company that could" ;)