PDA

View Full Version : Got Xbox!!

Nas
06-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I finally got an Xbox from my friend today!! :cool: :cool:
i was the person formally known as lightsout on these boards, the one who first asked everyone about whether or not i should buy an Xbox. Well today i finally picked it up from my friend! it was a long and stressful wait, but the wait is over! AS soon as im' finished with this post and my bowl of cocoa puffs, i'm gonna hook that sh*t up and pop in halo :D :D :D i rented two games for the price of one (oddworld and tony hawk 3) just for some more games to play for a while, until i get morrowind this saturday :D well fellow xboxers, my cereal is done, The Lakers just won the NBA Championship for the 3rd straight time, aewsome:cool: ....now its time to enjoy some Halo..peace:)

Slacker
06-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Welcome to to the glory that is Xbox....may the X be with you

Highlite23
06-12-2002, 11:16 PM
Enjoy!!!:)

Rochey69r
06-12-2002, 11:59 PM
great mate. enjoy the xbox.

a word of warning is that oddworld sucks big time.

hire if you dont already own:

pgr

rallisport

thps3

halo

nba inside drive 2002

amped snowboarding

Nas
06-13-2002, 02:10 AM
damn... so far i played Oddworld, Tony hawk 3 and halo. Man, these games are SOOOOO much better than ps2 or gamecube! The graphics kick so much asssssss. I can't wait until i get morrowind! Oh and btw, i find Oddworld very fun so far! I played that for a while before i put halo in. But before i played halo, i played some tony hawk. that game is tight. i have played it for ps2, but the graphics and load time and frame rate is much tighter on xbox. then i finally put in halo....wow! :eek: i mean i've played this game before like for 2 seconds at a time only in multiplayer. but once you get to sit down and play this game, its really awesome. I put the difficulty on Heroic (i think its the 2 hardest) and i keep getting my butt kicked in the 2nd level by those guys who stand up and are your size. the scream and then beat me down :mad: i also very often walk into frags lol. but i'm not gonna change the difficulty level, because i love the challenge. but so far this system has really impressed me. graphics, gameplay, and just total fun factor. I like the feature that you can make your own soundtrack in tony hawk by burning songs on your system. i'm gonna do that tonight before i go to bed (3:05 AM right now lol) Well so far, i definately think xbox is a better system than ps2 or gc. gtg now, good night! see you on the boards tomorrow probably :)

Kraft
06-13-2002, 02:15 AM
Nice to see another person enter into the xbox community. I remenisce back to the day I was excited as you are about the power and finesse of the xbox.. then I realized that I get excited everytime I turn the dang thing on! God I love my box!

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 10:53 AM
congrats man..
i remember the day i got my xbox..
the first game i played....was halo..
WOW!

peace

Snake Eyez
06-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Nas,

Don't forget that you can play halo online and put your skills to the test against other newbies.

The Dragon AKA
06-13-2002, 02:46 PM
eyo NAS, how'd you get such a good screen name? they're usually taken!

[jealous bastard]:([/jealous bastard]

Xbox Owner
06-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Congrats on the purchase!!

Shorezy
06-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
Nas,

Don't forget that you can play halo online and put your skills to the test against other newbies.

That's for sure man. Don't forget to practise against those better players too. Anyway congrats on the Xbox. Your gunna love it.

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
That's for sure man. Don't forget to practise against those better players too. Anyway congrats on the Xbox. Your gunna love it.
lol!
practice against the better players..
hehe

peace

Kev Van Dam
06-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Im still w/o a xbox but the wait will finally be over hopefullly the end of the month...im gettin xbox and buyin halo & rallisport or morrowind...

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Kev Van Dam
Im still w/o a xbox but the wait will finally be over hopefullly the end of the month...im gettin xbox and buyin halo & rallisport or morrowind...

how come the long wait to get one?

peace

Kev Van Dam
06-13-2002, 04:18 PM
well...my grandma died soooooooo i wasnt really into xbox during those moments and mymom use most of her $$ for the stuff for her death and now im sellin my playstation 1 system w/ all tis game and assc. and im sellin my basketall hoop in the newspaper(Local newspaper) and im gonna use that $$ plus what my mommy gives me :-D and get the xbox........or when i get my job ill use some o fthat $$ to buy it...

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Kev Van Dam
well...my grandma died soooooooo i wasnt really into xbox during those moments and mymom use most of her $$ for the stuff for her death and now im sellin my playstation 1 system w/ all tis game and assc. and im sellin my basketall hoop in the newspaper(Local newspaper) and im gonna use that $$ plus what my mommy gives me :-D and get the xbox........or when i get my job ill use some o fthat $$ to buy it...
oh thats too bad..
hopefully ull get one soon..

peace

faceoff508
06-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Nas
I finally got an Xbox from my friend today!! :cool: :cool:
i was the person formally known as lightsout on these boards, the one who first asked everyone about whether or not i should buy an Xbox. Well today i finally picked it up from my friend! it was a long and stressful wait, but the wait is over! AS soon as im' finished with this post and my bowl of cocoa puffs, i'm gonna hook that sh*t up and pop in halo :D :D :D i rented two games for the price of one (oddworld and tony hawk 3) just for some more games to play for a while, until i get morrowind this saturday :D well fellow xboxers, my cereal is done, The Lakers just won the NBA Championship for the 3rd straight time, aewsome:cool: ....now its time to enjoy some Halo..peace:)

You will not be dissapointed!!! The Xbox will make you very happy!!

Nas
06-13-2002, 06:01 PM
The Dragon AKA, I duno, i figured the screen name would be taken too! I just got lucky i guess :cool: Could you see that the pic is a drawn pic of nas? hehe

btw...I about morrowind today, but i've only played it for about 2 minutes. I traded in alot of ps2 and ps1, games for it, and still got some credit left over. i'm burning alotta songs on my xbox today lol...some fabolous, ludacris, nas..etc. that is SOOO awesome how you can listen to them while playing tony hawk! Can't you do that also in Rallisport Challenge because I still have about 39 dollars left of store credit from EB and some cash, and I plan on buying it Saturday. Thanks! :)

p.s. sorry ken van damn about your grandma :(

The Dragon AKA
06-15-2002, 12:23 PM
yo nas, i don't think you can, coz i went an' i checked the features **** thing on like 3 dif sites and nothing waz written about using your own tracks...

peace

Nas
06-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by The Dragon AKA
yo nas, i don't think you can, coz i went an' i checked the features **** thing on like 3 dif sites and nothing waz written about using your own tracks...

peace

Yep, you can use your own tracks! It says it in like the features part on the game on websites. Because i kept hearing about how the original soundtrack sucked, but then they kept saying about how fortunate you were to put your own tracks on there. Now i'm gonna be bumpin some ludacris or nas or fabolous while i'm racing :)

hollaaa:cool:

E-Xbox
06-15-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Nas
Yep, you can use your own tracks! It says it in like the features part on the game on websites. Because i kept hearing about how the original soundtrack sucked, but then they kept saying about how fortunate you were to put your own tracks on there. Now i'm gonna be bumpin some ludacris or nas or fabolous while i'm racing :)

hollaaa:cool:
YEA MAN!
i always play fabolous while playing xbox!
he da stuff!

peace

Nas
06-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

YEA MAN!
i always play fabolous while playing xbox!
he da stuff!

peace

hell yeah, fabolous and nas are my favorite rappers

holla back young'n:)

E-Xbox
06-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Nas
hell yeah, fabolous and nas are my favorite rappers

holla back young'n:)
yea man!
i love fab's cd..
its the 2nd sickest cd..
next to em's..

peace

RadRider
06-16-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
great mate. enjoy the xbox.

a word of warning is that oddworld sucks big time.

I like Oddworld quite a bit. It's a wholly different kind of game; it requires you to analyse the environment and think up strategies for beating the level. It requires an amount of cerebral involvement that I think most console gamers won't appreciate, which is unfortunate. It's not a "game of the year" game, and mindless action games have their moments too, but Oddworld is a very good game.