PDA

View Full Version : dont u think that pistol is too Good??

Infadead
06-13-2002, 02:23 AM
they made it too fuken good man

Xbox Owner
06-13-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Infadead
they made it too fuken good man

No, it's really good in real life.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Well IMO its not that special, you just have to find ways to get around peeps who love it to death, and thats exactly what i give them...death, on swift wings.

Untill next time...:mad:

animo47
06-24-2002, 03:32 PM
u can just tell that this guy has never played on legendary, plus there is no bes all-powerful or best weapon all weapons have their advantages and disadvantages

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 05:04 PM
the pistol is good in halo, but its not too good. i mean, like in CS, the deagle is a really good weapon, its even better than a couple of automatic weapons, but its not too good.:D

RedFastShadow
06-24-2002, 09:09 PM
You can really lay some damage with a pistol. Especially to an unsuspecting enemy. The ability to make marked shots at a medium distance is what really makes the pistol shine. The poor man's sniper. If you respawn in the middle of hell and all you have is a pistol, you can certainly cover your tail as you bolt for cover and bigger weapons. Basically like the Assualt Rifle, in the hands of the right person, the under-appreciated weapons can successfully get the job done.

cityson
06-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by animo47
u can just tell that this guy has never played on legendary

True....Legendary sure will make you suffer. I've tried it once on a level...and I never get to kill ONE monster.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 10:11 PM
the automatic assault rifle in red faction is too good...the pistol in halo is fine.

Sniper
06-25-2002, 05:58 PM
In my opinion, the pistol isn't extraordinarily good in legendary. I beat halo on legendary in about a week on and off, and I found that I used a combination of the Needler (for elites, sentinels, and the occasional grunts) and the Shotgun (for anything else that gets in my way). Of course, it varies depending on the level. I think I killed a total of 2 grunts with the pistol... in my entire Legendary Campaign career!

E-Vader
06-25-2002, 08:58 PM
Hehe I've never actually used the pistol at all in Halo.

I have found the shotgun to be perfect whan facing the Flood.

JJaX
06-26-2002, 08:55 AM
In multiplayer the pistol is the best other than a sniper rifle.
With the pistol you can take someone out with 3-4 head shots. Its very effective at a meduim/far range. You can knock most snipers out of zoom to buy you time from great distances. If someone charges you with a assualt rifle(noobs) the pistol will win too, easily.

If you dont got your pistol on you, Your as good as dead out in the open if someone else has got a pistol.

Also in teamplay, if you roll around in packs packing pistols people will start dropiing like flies.

I dont go no where with out my pistol pistol. :D

The only thing i dont like about the pistol is the melee attack takes to long.

OppiumNitrates
06-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
In multiplayer the pistol is the best other than a sniper rifle.

Nope its better . . .

If someone charges you with a assualt rifle(noobs) the pistol will win too, easily.

i love when they do that. . . . LoL . . .

The only thing i dont like about the pistol is the melee attack takes to long.

its got to have a disadvantage somewhere . . .

the pistol is deffinatly my fave wepon. . . and about not using it on legendary??? WTF killed every alien on the beach in the begining of silent cortographer with my pistol and nades. . . and i will still play the first par of that level cauz storming that beach head is mad fun . . .

JJaX
06-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

Nope its better . . .

iTS BETTER for most situations, but out in the open with about 200 yards yards between you and the enemy, Ill take my Sniper rifle anyday ;)

You can dump your whole clip at me and you Might knock me out of zoom once before i squeeze the trigger. Bang you dead :cool:

UltimateAg
06-26-2002, 01:49 PM
It's not that the pistol is too good, it's that the players using it are that good! The pistol in the skilled hands of a Halo expert can cause mass destruction. But the pistol in the hands of a n00b.......well, he might as well be holding his pecker.

JJaX
06-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
It's not that the pistol is too good, it's that the players using it are that good! The pistol in the skilled hands of a Halo expert can cause mass destruction. But the pistol in the hands of a n00b.......well, he might as well be holding his pecker.

Agreed :)

I have a noob that plays halo with me sometimes, And its quite frustrating. Im like "Hit the portal, Back me up, use the pistol"

And he just stands there..............

OppiumNitrates
06-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
But the pistol in the hands of a n00b.......well, he might as well be holding his pecker.

BWAHA hahahhahhaha thats funny as hell

and JJax u might be right about the 200 yards but thats IF u can get me in the head with that one shot. . . .while im dippin', strifein' and duckin' yo punk ass

Crazygamer
06-27-2002, 06:04 PM
the pistol aim at long distance shots is a little too good! But usually i can take them out with grenades and sniper rifles!

Young_Fledgling
06-27-2002, 10:32 PM
ya i can like destroy all my friends and cousins with the pistol ... haha they made a rule saying i am not allowed to use it because i am too good with it.

Reclaimer
06-30-2002, 08:22 PM
The pistol can do some serious harm. But really only on Multiplayer. Try getting anywhere with just a pistol on legendary mode and see what happens. You couldn't last 3 seconds against the Flood plinking away with the pistol. But it's pretty neat on the Halo level when the Covenant Troop Transports arrive. You can drop the first couple of grunts right as the loading door opens and they are still attached to the ship. Their bodies just roll off the deck. It'll make do until you get the sniper rifle way down the road. Sometimes if I can help it, I try to keep the pistol in my arsenal for lack of the proper sniper rifle. On death match though you can kill a MC pretty quick. Especially on Blood Gulch with more than 2 players. If you're not playing teams, 2 opposing players will always start out within range of each other beside the bases. One will be slightly further out. You can kill the closer guy before he makes it up the "UP" ramp with just a pistol. RIght within the first 5 seconds of the game.

Lock and Load

The Reverend
07-01-2002, 08:33 AM
The psitol IS the ultimate weapon in multiplayer. The Sniper rifle works but only if your other teammates keep the pressure on and keeps the other team at bay. If I had a choice between the sniper and the pistol, it would be the pistol easily. And we have actually got kills with 2 shots with the pistol. Several of us.