PDA

View Full Version : Why you will like Xbox Live better than Sony's or Nintendo's Online

noodleboy
06-13-2002, 07:52 AM
After reading a bunch of posts on a PSO board, it seems that the biggest drawback to online gaming is cheaters. I have never played Sega's online network, but from what I read the users would devote so much time to their characters or what-not and in an instant someone would come in with a gameshark or code-breaker and totally demolish them. Of course this resulted in less and less gamers playing PSO. Well since there is already cheat machines(Gameshark and Code-breaker) for PS2 and they are coming out for the GC soon, this process will repeat. However, I have yet to see an Xbox version of these systems so cheating will be stemmed. Now that is not all, as far as I know, Xbox is the only service that is going to match gamers up depending on skill level. So what that means is all us gamers will be monitored depending on performance, so if people so find a way to cheat, one of two things will happen. Either the Xbox Live team will find them out and somehow 'discourage' this activity or they will just all be lumped together since their performance will be similar. Also in contests and tournaments, I am sure these people will be singled out and not allowed to participate. This should keep the cheaters at bay while on the other systems they will run rampant and pretty much ruin the online experience for a lot of people.

MOrgE
06-13-2002, 08:03 AM
kinda....

the reason i think i will like XboX-Live over the PS2 Online service because i have faith that the Microsoft network will actually work... hehehehe... i'm sure that you've read the horror stories that Sony is going through with the release of Final Fantasy Online....

in all honestly, i think both networks will be vulnerable to hackers/cheaters... its just a matter of which network handles them best...

Chaotic
06-13-2002, 09:01 AM
It's microsoft thats why!!!

They know how to do it!

Think about it you dont see any Sony or Nintendo server hardware or software in the network world do you? Microsoft knows whats up when it comes to this!

Plus they have all the money in the world to make it happen.

noodleboy
06-13-2002, 09:07 AM
I'm not saying that there won't be cheaters/hackers, just saying that the matching players up based on skill level will single the cheaters out. I'm sure when the 'moderators' see that a particular gamer is getting perfect scores all the time or crushing people in a few seconds all the time, they will be able to do something about it. The worst case scenario is that these cheats will just be lumped together due to the matching of gamers that are similar in skill. Therefore it won't ruin it for the people that want to play legit.

techie
06-13-2002, 09:09 AM
One word....BROADBAND

Give me cable modem speeds over
a 56k dialup anyday.

Although part of what you said is correct,
from what I've read the LIVE service will
try to match you up with others in your skill
level, but will not stop you from playing
with others in a higher skill level or on a
buddy list.

As for cheating, MS has stated that if you
are caught cheating on Xbox Live, that you
will be suspended or removed from playing
online.

I believe I've also read that Gameshark is
working on a unit for the Xbox now. While
I would probably buy one to help me with
some of the games I have trouble with now,
I don't think I would use it online. That would
take too much of the fun out of playing with
someone else online.

Rusted Gundam
06-13-2002, 09:10 AM
Anyone who plays any FPS online will agree with me on this::

NO GHEY 56K LAGGERS!!!

MOrgE
06-13-2002, 09:13 AM
i think the support for 56K is gonna be the downfall of Playstation Online...

too much lag...
too slow...
too long of a wait...
NO THANKS!!!

dave_m123
06-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Well my opinion is this :D With the 56k lag adaptors for the GC and PoS2 you will have plenty of chances to make a cup of tea while u wait for your shot to be fired :D

techie
06-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Playstation Online doesn't call it lag,
they call it bullet time!

:)

DZNUTZ
06-13-2002, 10:40 AM
y will i like xboxlive over ps2 or gc's service...hmmmm a few reasons

1. i'll get xboxlive and i won't waste my $$ on the others (even tho i have those sytems)

2. much faster

3. more secure

4. i'll bet its way cheaper

5. more options

6. ms voice communicator for every title ( w/ ability to alter voice)

i can't wait for xboxlive to roll out..it will demolish the competition!!!

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
It's microsoft thats why!!!

They know how to do it!

Think about it you dont see any Sony or Nintendo server hardware or software in the network world do you? Microsoft knows whats up when it comes to this!

Plus they have all the money in the world to make it happen.
exactly.
i trust m$
and plus..they have more money then n e one..hehe
and....xbox live is cheap...

peace

Hugh_Jass
06-13-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by techie

Nice one. :)

dave_m123
06-13-2002, 12:08 PM

LMAO good one :D. I'm guessing this variant of bullet time is were everyone moves at normal sped while you move slow :D.

CodeMonkey
06-13-2002, 01:35 PM
Come on guys be fair, and say it like the PS fan boys would..
It’s Not Lag, its a highly advanced online feature from Sony. Also imagine, playing on there server would be fantastic like a good game of chess, in that u would have DAYS to plan your next move
:D

But umm yeah back to the topic..
I think MS will for sure be the better. I mean from what I have read, its going to be very stable, with LOADS of bandwidth and unique with its voice communicator and manipulation. The ranking tables are going to be fun also. I also like the idea of how it’s going to sort the high pingers and the low pinger’s onto the according server

dave_m123
06-13-2002, 01:37 PM
HEHE yeah its a new innovative device that turns all real time games into turn based games :D

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 02:01 PM

lmao!
that was good..
i must admit to that..
hehe

peace

The Dragon AKA
06-13-2002, 02:42 PM

lollll

that is funny.

I say the xbox service will be the best, coz the Xbox was the only console that was CREATED with an online future in mind. Besides, 3 BILLION dollars won't do any hard :)

Xbox Owner
06-13-2002, 02:57 PM
I trust M$ because they have more experience..

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
I trust M$ because they have more experience..
and the $$$$$!

peace

Shorezy
06-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
y will i like xboxlive over ps2 or gc's service...hmmmm a few reasons

1. i'll get xboxlive and i won't waste my $$ on the others (even tho i have those sytems)

2. much faster

3. more secure

4. i'll bet its way cheaper

5. more options

6. ms voice communicator for every title ( w/ ability to alter voice)

i can't wait for xboxlive to roll out..it will demolish the competition!!!

Just read this. Nice call DZNUTZ.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Well like most peeps said, its pretty simple. It Microsoft and if anybody know online Broadband usage, it will have to be them. Another reason is that Microsoft more user friendly from what they've said they will be doing.

Also Sony is planing on charging you each time you log on to play a game. Now that alone turns me off totally. I hate paying for sh** over and over! And its on Narroband, its not like i'm getting something top-of-the-line.

Untill next time...:mad: