PDA

View Full Version : xbox hookup

hchytd
06-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Hey all,

For starters..thanx to shaggy for the info on the macrovision protector. You guessed correctly, I have indeed been running my xbox thru my vcr (but ONLY b/c that is how I can listen to it thru my stereo (and not just my tv). I would like to find another way around this before I be an RF. I have the 3 rca jacks in the back of my tv so i can definitley plug xbox directly into my tv. BUT then how can I listen to it via my stereo? In other words, how can I have my "tv" hooked up to my "stereo" (it is a 5 year old tv) without going thru my vcr. Any suggestions?

Thanx again all for your help!

Seth

MOrgE
06-13-2002, 08:31 AM
ummmmmmmmmmm....

first thing that comes to mind is to hookup the XBoX to the TV using the Coaxial cable... and then hookup the stereo to the TV using the RCA's...

the coaxial cable does lose signal quality compared to the RCAs though...

Hugh_Jass
06-13-2002, 11:09 AM
You can always use an RCA Y-Adapter to split the audio to the TV and the stereo. Or you could use RCA extension cables to your stereo if you don't care about the sound coming out of your TV.

Laxeph
06-13-2002, 11:20 AM
AHAH! I had the same problem. What you need to do is buy and extension for you video cable. Run the two audio (red and white) through the stereo. Then, use the extention to lug the video (yellow) into the TV. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

hchytd
06-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Okay, so if i want to hear my xbox dvd thru my tv and my stereo speakers, and also hear all 56 cable channels thru my tv and stereo speakers after I turn off my xbox and just watcht tv, then I can buy a y adapter, right? If so, how do i hook up the 3 rca cables coming out of xbox into the y adapter along with the 2 rca cables coming out of my stereo tv?

And should I merely buy a "RCA y adapter" to achieve this? How many plug-ins does it come with?

Thanx again

E-Xbox
06-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
AHAH! I had the same problem. What you need to do is buy and extension for you video cable. Run the two audio (red and white) through the stereo. Then, use the extention to lug the video (yellow) into the TV. Worked for me. Hope this helps. yep..
thats what i do when i get to play my xbox on the good tv..
i hooked the yellow one to the tv..
and the red and white to the tv..in a diff spot..
then this cable goes from the tv to the back of the stereo..

peace