PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Test Drive?????

Chaotic
06-13-2002, 09:03 AM
Impressions????

Im really considering getting this game!! Finally a game with some old muscle cars and the graphics and gameplay looks awesome!!!

Laxeph
06-13-2002, 08:11 PM
I think that this game looks sweet. I was looking for it at Walmart, but they didn't have it. I would pick it up if i were you.

Liquid Gears
06-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Test Drive is no doubt a buyer in my mind. The neat thing I found out about it today was that during its loading times you can play Pong. Since it is made by Atari. I am diing to buy Test Drive. So far everyday this week I've been calling Future Shop for it and so far everday it's never in. I don't care I'm gonna keep calling until it's in. :cool:

Xbox Owner
06-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Test Drive is no doubt a buyer in my mind. The neat thing I found out about it today was that during its loading times you can play Pong. Since it is made by Atari. I am diing to buy Test Drive. So far everyday this week I've been calling Future Shop for it and so far everday it's never in. I don't care I'm gonna keep calling until it's in. :cool:

Yeah, the pong thing is badass. I played it yesterday at a store. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. Did you ever play those racing things in a acarde? You know, where you sit in them and push the gas and steer, and that? Well, those games kick ass, IMO, and it's just like those, with better graphics. I would recomend it, or atleast rent it, I know I am.:D

Laxeph
06-13-2002, 09:41 PM
This is a definate rental for me. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

joenofb
06-14-2002, 12:55 AM
I played it today withmy girl at the XBox kiosk at Electronics boutique, it was ok. a little bit more realism and it'd be perfect, it really bothered me that there was no damage, all that detail and no damage? blah.

NOFB

Skyfinch
06-14-2002, 01:40 AM
LOL...I bought it today. Trust me...the AI will make you want to hang yourself. I WARN YOU...do not buy this game if you have a short temper, and for god's sake, don't buy this game if you have a pacemaker. If the Rubberband AI in this game was a real person, I would tie him up and then beat him with a metal pipe.
Again, this is a WARNING...the rubberband AI will make you go crazy. WARNING, WARING, WARNING.....

TEA
06-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the warning Skyfinch.It may be a rental for me but the commercial nearly made me pee in my pants(Haven't done that since 9 or 10:D ).

Chaotic
06-14-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Skyfinch
LOL...I bought it today. Trust me...the AI will make you want to hang yourself. I WARN YOU...do not buy this game if you have a short temper, and for god's sake, don't buy this game if you have a pacemaker. If the Rubberband AI in this game was a real person, I would tie him up and then beat him with a metal pipe.
Again, this is a WARNING...the rubberband AI will make you go crazy. WARNING, WARING, WARNING.....

So in your mind this game isnt a buy?

Woocifer
06-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Has any Test Drive ever been a buy? They are always a racer that has no realism and always JUST miss the mark...I wish they would at least come up to the level of the NFS series...which has kinda suffered as well.

Blah.

Laxeph
06-14-2002, 09:05 AM
I though Test Drive 6 for Dreamcast was sweet. I think that this one will dominate too.

Spaztic
06-14-2002, 10:01 AM
I heard the gameplay is like crusing usa, which also had rubberband AI, it was kinda annoying but if you don't suck it wasn't a problem! Does this game have the hit the gas twice to get a turbo boost like crusing usa? And can you mod you cars?

studepaber
06-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by joenofb
a little bit more realism and it'd be perfect, it really bothered me that there was no damage, all that detail and no damage? blah.

No damage?!?!? What fun is flying into a wall at 150 mph then? :mad:

This game seems like a rental at best unless you are one of those elite few that thoroughly enjoy Test Drive games.

Skyfinch
06-14-2002, 02:44 PM
THE RUBBERBAND AI IS UNBELIEVABLE. Please, rent this game first. I cannot enjoy this game at all becuase of the rubberband AI.

wulff
06-15-2002, 12:51 AM
The game suxxx.IMO....ahw man it just plain sux......it's bland and boring.Nothing new to see here.
Rent it first .......
The rubber banding AI didnt bother me 2 badly....it's just the rest of the game.I guess i have been spoiled by RSC and pgr.
And once again the drag racing element is cheeze,i guess i have done the real thing for 2 long up on the local hill.