PDA

View Full Version : replayability ?'s/issues & hunter afterthoughts

DZNUTZ
06-13-2002, 11:38 AM
k...i dont' know about u guys....but the following applys to myself.

wether u have 1,2 or all 3 nextgen systems...game purchases these dayz are important decisions. for some its a money issue...for me its a time issue. with so many good games comming out now-a-dz-dayz...its esstianal for me (at least) to only buy and hang on to must-have single player games (ei..RE, GTA3,MGS,MW) and very good/fun multiplayer games that give u replability.

i simply don't have the time ( and i'm sho many others don't have the $) to hang on to so-so games.

with that being said i'd like to hear ya'll opinion on this, and also give me your opinion on my lil dilema.

i currently have wrestlemainia x8 for the gc which i'm 99% sho returning. ( i think the game sux and my raw is much better/p.s. ninja...are u returning it as well and do u think its better or worse then raw?)

and then comes hunter. this is what i want ya'll opinion on...while the game is good...i have not had the time between my recently hella hetic schedule and my other games, to beat. time is running out..and i wanna return it for money back...i have to do it soon.
so those of u that have it, and have beat it....do u really see this as the time of game you'll be playing occasionly for the next year or years to come?

should i keep it w/ my night of living dead dvd ( that i already on on vhs)

or should i return it...save the money for future xbox titles...and try to finish games i haven't played ( or beat) like MGS,GTA3,Morrowind, RE..and other brand new multiplayer games?

Duke
06-13-2002, 11:54 AM
As far as Hunter goes, I agree it's a good game. If you're not set on beating it though, I say return it.

While I have had a good time replaying it on multi-player, I'm pretty sure I'll be trading it for another game today.

Right now, after beating it with all 4 characters, the only time I see myself really playing it again is if a friend has that specific game in mind.

Actually I was kind of torn on trading it or not, but after answering this question I think I'm definitely going to get a different game that I think might have more replay value.

JMO

Ninja Scroll
06-13-2002, 12:15 PM
D@mn DZnutz, you have like 5 topics rolled into one!:eek:

Where for a Ninja to start?
Okay playa, how about we get the WMX8 thing out da way.
It official, im not returning it. Im disappionted in the game for several reasons as I have meantioned in other thread in the GC forum, but the game is 10 times better than RAW on Xbox. Outside of the weak ass graphics is WMX8 I would say it destroys RAW in every other aspect of the word.
Hey DZ, you can return your homie, but your role model is not.
You play Hell in a Cell yet? You cant honesty tell me that gimmick match is not tight yo! I used Taker to Super Power Bomb Austins ass right through the top of the cage yo! Nothing but satifaction.

AS for Hunter, I have said all along this game was nothing more than a beat'em up and collected dust after the first two days I owned it.
I'll run another game on it once I gets some fools over to run a consistent game,...ala beat it and not play for an hour or so and quit!:rolleyes:

What else? ... does that cover everything junior?:confused:

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Hunter is great. Just take it easy and go slow. Play as all 4 people and use all different kinds of weapons, etc. Whenever I beat a level, I save it as a new game so that I can play any level at any time... :cool:

Laxeph
06-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Even after you beat Hunter it is fun to replay it with friends.

TEA
06-14-2002, 02:49 AM
FRENZ If you got 'em keep Hunter if you don't then take it back after first time beating it.

DZNUTZ
06-14-2002, 10:53 AM
do my imaginary freinds count?:(

nah seriously...multiplayer games are my fav. i always buy the max amount of controllers possible just to get some good drunk gaming on.

thing is though...i have so many multiplayer games that i'm thinking hunter would get pushed to the back and never played.

i'll proabably try and beat it this weekend then ship it back on monday along with that steaming terd they titled wrestlemania x8 for the kiddycube.:mad:

btw ninja....i tryed to play somemore last night...a HIC to be specific...that game blows yo...i popped in raw right afterwards to compare.....and raw kicks the living chit out of x8...murders it's family and burns its house to the ground.

Casper
06-14-2002, 11:11 AM
I played the game pretty hardcore the first week I had it, and now am totally bored with it. I just got Outlaw and that won't be coming out of the Box for a lil while now :eek: , but I just got totally bored with it after I beat it. I have kids that come over and play, but they'd rather play sports games or do 2 plyr story mode in Halo (it's alot more interesting than Hunter was). I think that I just might bring this one back this weekend, totally upset with all the hype :(

HarryParatestes
06-14-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have all three systems, and have little time to play all these games coming out. You should be able to plow through hunter pretty fast though. I think I spent around 10-15 hours beating it the first time. I had about 25 continues going into the last boss fight, so the game is pretty easy also.

I also agree about raw, I've always liked it. Wrestlemania is going back tonight, because I think it sucks. I'll take better graphics, sound, grappling system, animation, presentation, and control over some gimmick matches anyday.