PDA

View Full Version : I need money

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 09:54 PM
I have killed almost everyone in about 5 or 6 cities, stole and sold everything I could, and I still have only 1k gold. Maybe if I didnt go on those leveling sprees where I buy dozens of skills...then I might have a little cash, but I do have a grand soul gem worth 60000...too bad nobody has that much money so I can sell it...

Anyone got any tips on getting money?

Also, whenever I use the Hide spell to go invis, and then try to steal soemthing, they catch me even though they cant see me...i was lucky enough to get that sword worth 17000 in that one guard tower, but thats all ive been able to steal so far...anybody tell me whats going on or what im doing wrong or what im supposed to do to be able to steal and not get caught?

Plewis
06-13-2002, 09:56 PM
no real help here... but you dont really need money in this game... all you gotta do is kill people and steal what you want... and why do you need more money in the first place?

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Well I need money to buy skills to level up because im lazy...and better armor...but the only armorer without a guard is the Nord in Caldera...and he's a bástard with that axe or whatever he has...there's no way i'll be able to kill him.

So how do I steal while invis and not get caught?

Calve
06-13-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
i was lucky enough to get that sword worth 17000 in that one guard tower, but thats all ive been able to steal so far

what guard tower.... i went to the north west guard tower in Balmora and there is no sword worth 17 k....

Peace

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 10:32 PM
There are 3 guard towers in Balmora...i think 3...2 west and one east. Its the one by itself...the east. Go up the stairs and where theres a guard standing about 3 feet away from a dresser thing...its hard to see but its on top.

Calve
06-13-2002, 10:34 PM
thx man!!! ill try it

Peace

PS have u done the dwemer puzzle box quest???

EHWfedPres
06-13-2002, 10:36 PM
no, I have put all quests on the side for now while I get money and levels and whatnot...

So how do I steal while invis and not get caught? Can I get a little help here plz?

azmodan
06-14-2002, 02:16 PM
heres a tip for getting a bit of money goto belmora and that ra virr rat trader dude go into his shop. save . sell all your good stuff to him even for a low price then wehen he runs outta money just rest for 24 hours then kill him when u are ready he is uber easy he doesnt even attack you prolly the easiest mob in the gave easier than those crabs lol n e way he will have all the stuff uj sold him in his inv( he did atleast for me hehe) and like these 3 awesome weapons like this demonic katana worth 9k and this dagger worth 3k plus some otha stuff

EHWfedPres
06-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Yeah, did that already. sold the 3000 weapon for 3000 to the creeper in caldera. Still low on cash.

EHWfedPres
06-14-2002, 09:49 PM
And I would do the same to the pawnbroker scross the street but I need someplace to sell my stuff. Plus everything I sold her already has a weight of over 3k so i'll be there forever emptying her out and finding a place to sell it all...

silvertrace
06-14-2002, 10:07 PM
in caldora there is a character named "creeper" in the ghoran manor on the second floor

he gives u full price for your goods and he starts with 5000 gold each day

and for those items over 5000 u ask, simple, just sell him ur item and purchase more stuff from him and rest and sell it back

ex.... dwaemer sword 7000 gold

i sold to him and got 7000 credit, i purchased 2000 worth of his goods and got the 5000 gold he had, then i rested for 24 hours and sold him the items worth 2000 gold.....so it took "2 days" but i managed to get 7000 gold for my sword

i've done this with items ranging from 12000 gold to 50,000

~kinda feel like i'm cheating :(

azmodan
06-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Well I need money to buy skills to level up because im lazy...and better armor...but the only armorer without a guard is the Nord in Caldera...and he's a bástard with that axe or whatever he has...there's no way i'll be able to kill him.

well if your a mage buy the break weapon skill then find someone who will let u break spells and put the magnitude to 100-100 it should break almost any weapons just not daedric ones or enchanted i think even if your not a mage and hav atleast 60 magicka u can try it

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 12:49 PM
I know about the creeper already. I sold a piece of armor to him for 5220. Im playing as my second character now, a pure mage. I need tons of money to buy every skill and spell i can.

y2kash_14
06-15-2002, 05:00 PM
no, I have put all quests on the side for now while I get money and levels and whatnot...

So how do I steal while invis and not get caught? Can I get a little help here plz?

i highly reccomend joining the Theives Guild, you get payed for doing jobs, and there is a guy there who can take of the price on your head, but i know a cheat so you dont have to pay him anything

y2kash_14
06-15-2002, 06:20 PM
how do you get to Caldera from Balmora, i was riding the Silt Riders all over the place looking for it, whats the fastest way from Balmora?

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 07:25 PM
im in the thieves guild and i know the put the money on the ground trick. The mages guild offers teleportation to other mages guilds...one being Caldera.

ScorpionX
06-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Also, whenever I use the Hide spell to go invis, and then try to steal soemthing, they catch me even though they cant see me...i was lucky enough to get that sword worth 17000 in that one guard tower, but thats all ive been able to steal so far...anybody tell me whats going on or what im doing wrong or what im supposed to do to be able to steal and not get caught?

How did you get the sword with that guard standing right next to you? He always catches me....:confused:

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 09:38 PM
I went invis and took it. Thats the only time it worked...

Dre
06-16-2002, 09:42 PM

You can't. Read the spell description. Whenever you perform any action the Invisibility spell is broken. You should look into chameleon instead. It allows you to take things, etc.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Funny, I stole the sword of white woe while invis and didnt get caught...

Anyway, I sold alot of my stuff and got over 30k from it all, but now after buying spells and skills and stuff, Im down to 8k only...time to decorate my house...also known as Nerano manor.

Dre
06-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Funny, I stole the sword of white woe while invis and didnt get caught...

Thats just luck that the guard didn't see you, its not because you were still invisible.

CharlieHustle
06-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
how do you get to Caldera from Balmora, i was riding the Silt Riders all over the place looking for it, whats the fastest way from Balmora?

Go to the mages guild and the bottom floor way in the back, there is a lady standing next to a very small stage. Talk to her and ask about travel.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:05 PM
Yeah, perhaps your right. My luck is only 40, so maybe if I raise that a bit i'll get lucky more often, like when I stole that Dreugh Shield fromt he Armorer in Balmora and he didnt seem to care...neither did the guard, until I took the helmet also, and all hell broke loose. So after stealing the orcish armor on the floor and a few more things, recalled to the southwall cornerclub and got my bounty taken off for free, I had a nice set of loot.

Which brings up my second point...what if I killed the bounty guy in the thieves guild? Would he have a ton of cash from all my bounties or since that gold never existed, would he have none?

And I know that Sugar Lips cat person in the thieves guild has a Glass Daggar...i'd like to get that...and that weird Daedric axe in the Razor Hole build behind the locked door...

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:11 PM
For my character, the easiest way to steal without getting in legal trouble is to taunt the other until they come at me. With a personality of 110 I haven't met anyone yet I couldn't get to fight.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:20 PM
And what magical item allows you to gave 110 Personality? I know that Trebonius, the Arch Mage has an amulet that allows you to have 25% more Magicka...you can fight him in a duel to the death to become the new Arch Mage and Mages Guildmaster of Vvardenfell.

What level is your guy, dre?

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:29 PM
26 I think. If you kill a necromancer in the town of Dagon Fel, you get a mask that has a constant +30 personality pts. It looks really cool too!

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:31 PM
that ammy does alot more than 25% to magicka. It also regens 1 health/sec and gives you 25 pts to spell absorbtion and 25% resistance to normal weapons. I wear that and use Trebonius's Staff (best wizards staff for dmg I've seen so far)

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:37 PM
I know, that amulet has like 3 or 4 different spells to it, and the staff is awesome. weakness to shock and frost I believe, and then it does shock and frost damage as well, very nice weapon indeed.

Im only level 17 but Im playing 2 characters and im about to start decorating my house. My friend who has the pc version put God mode on and got some amazing loot from different places. Slaves's gauntlets, wizards ring, Trebonius' stuff, 5 Slave Skulls that look awesome, and tons of other stuff.

So where is the Necromancer that I need to kill to get this mask, and how hard is he to kill? Im park warrior with the Sword of White Woe and a Saints Shield, and also very good at magic...whats the best way of killing one?

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:41 PM
I know, that amulet has like 3 or 4 different spells to it, and the staff is awesome. weakness to shock and frost I believe, and then it does shock and frost damage as well, very nice weapon indeed.

Im only level 17 but Im playing 2 characters and im about to start decorating my house. My friend who has the pc version put God mode on and got some amazing loot from different places. Slaves's gauntlets, wizards ring, Trebonius' stuff, 5 Slave Skulls that look awesome, and tons of other stuff.

So where is the Necromancer that I need to kill to get this mask, and how hard is he to kill? Im park warrior with the Sword of White Woe and a Saints Shield, and also very good at magic...whats the best way of killing one?

He's on the outer edge of Dagon Fel in a tower (doesn't look like a tower though). Talk to a guard in the town and he should be able to point you in the right direction. The way to the necromancer is full of summoned creatures so you can either fight your way through, or invisible. The summonings weren't too hard though bonelords and skeletons. The guy himself wasn't hard for me, but thats all relative to character. I used Trebonius staff combined with some fortify potions, shield spell and I kicked his ass in no time.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:43 PM
So does magic work on him at all or do you have to resort to melee attacks?

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Magic works. My staff does crap melee damage, its the added elemental dmg that hurts.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Then I guess a Kiss of Death (one of my custom spells) should do the trick...or ill have to use my friend's Shock Field, which does 15-25 points of damage for 10 seconds in 30 feet...very nice spell.

By the way, check the custom spells thread for my Kiss of death, its a one hit kill on nearly any commoner.

Plewis
06-17-2002, 12:02 AM
still need money? Well I was at the Guild of Mages today at Balmora and there is a lady on the top floor I believe and she has a Grand Soul Gem with a soul and a bunch of other ones including a Great Soul Gem... the Grand Soul Gem was like worth 600,000 or 60,000 and the great soul gem was worth like 60,000 or 6,000 I cant remember... but Im a good theif and stole some common and other souls too... all worth at least 100... you should check it out... and the armorer at Balmora has a couple great peices of armor right beside him.... you have to be real sly and make sure him and the guard arent facing you then grab it while invisible... I love being born under the sign of the shadow!:)

mother
06-17-2002, 02:33 AM
well at least its my way,

someone mentioned that the invisibllity breaks when you perform an action, thats right , but while your invisible just click into sneak mode and then steal what you want, you can only take one thing though beacuase you will success fully take what you want but youwill appear the instant that you boost your loot.

later

Dre
06-17-2002, 07:59 AM
Then I guess a Kiss of Death (one of my custom spells) should do the trick...or ill have to use my friend's Shock Field, which does 15-25 points of damage for 10 seconds in 30 feet...very nice spell.

By the way, check the custom spells thread for my Kiss of death, its a one hit kill on nearly any commoner.

Ya, I've had one of those spells for a while. Called it Deaths Hand. It paralyzes for 5 secs, fire, poison and frost dmg over 5 sec and absorb health over 5 secs. Its pretty cool. I haven't seen a single person NOT die from it yet. But I only use it when I really have to.

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
still need money? Well I was at the Guild of Mages today at Balmora and there is a lady on the top floor I believe and she has a Grand Soul Gem with a soul and a bunch of other ones including a Great Soul Gem... the Grand Soul Gem was like worth 600,000 or 60,000 and the great soul gem was worth like 60,000 or 6,000 I cant remember... but Im a good theif and stole some common and other souls too... all worth at least 100... you should check it out... and the armorer at Balmora has a couple great peices of armor right beside him.... you have to be real sly and make sure him and the guard arent facing you then grab it while invisible... I love being born under the sign of the shadow!:)

The Grand Soul Gem is 60,000 and the purple one is 6000, and I already did that a long time ago. Ajira gives you a quest to plant a fake soul gem in that lady's desk while she's not there...so of course I robbed her blind while there was nobody around to notice. :cool:

John002
06-17-2002, 11:44 AM
I get ripped off everytime I try to barter. I'm not getting near the correct value. I even went to the "creeper" and he wasn't going to give me a good price.:confused:

Dre
06-17-2002, 12:20 PM
If the creeper isn't giving you full price, sell him a couple of things BELOW the suggested price. Afterwards, he'll buy things at full again. If you ask for a price thats too high, he'll again lower his purchasing prices.

John002
06-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Dre
If the creeper isn't giving you full price, sell him a couple of things BELOW the suggested price. Afterwards, he'll buy things at full again. If you ask for a price thats too high, he'll again lower his purchasing prices.
I'll give it a try. Thanks

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I sold him a piece of armor worth 5220 and I thought 5k was good enough.

Also, make sure your weapons and armor are in good condition before you sell them or you will not get full price.