PDA

View Full Version : What’s your goal in Morrowind

FuNkY mOnK
06-14-2002, 05:42 AM
Right now I’m just a scrub scrapping for pennies and some respect. Eventually I want to rule over morrowind. Now with this in mind, imagine this online? What’s your goal?

Magnum Blast
06-14-2002, 06:51 AM
well I'm not quite sure about long term goals but I want to free those slaves in the Suran planting fields soon. Feels strange helping people though Cause I've stolen pretty much everything I own. My money, weapons, armor, etc.

StillFly
06-14-2002, 08:52 AM
Run my own "Earthly Delights" Shop and expand it all over Morrowind.

Laxeph
06-14-2002, 09:03 AM
My goal is to get the game.:D

mahalan
06-14-2002, 09:23 AM
My goal is to sell my copy of the game on Ebay for as much as possible so I don't have to look at that piece of cr@p any longer than I have to.

By the way, if you need cash try alchemy. Go to a shop and buy ingredients, mix them into potions and sell them for a profit. Repeat. Vendors don't run out of potion ingredients, just cash. Or you can try theft. It's ridiculously easy and very profitable.

If you run into any other problems in the game, there's at least a half a dozen broken skills that will let you breeze through it. Then again, you're probably learning that right now.

JJaX
06-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mahalan
so I don't have to look at that piece of cr@p any longer than I have to.

Turn away from the mirror

silvertrace
06-14-2002, 09:49 AM
i have to admit, i've been playin morrowind for a week now and i'm happy with the game:cool:

i'm a wood elf assassin (level 35/60,000gold) and i just enjoy exploring and whippin a$$, and if u got nuthin nice to say about the game, u can click that lil "x" in the top right corner;)

JJaX
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace
i have to admit, i've been playin morrowind for a week now and i'm happy with the game:cool:

i'm a wood elf assassin (level 35/60,000gold) and i just enjoy exploring and whippin a$$, and if u got nuthin nice to say about the game, u can click that lil "x" in the top right corner;)

Damn chief! Level 35 :eek:

I thought i played to much! http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Im a level 6 Dark elf, pretty much a fighter. But i cant beat the mission im on for the guild. So stored away all my armor and im running around in a shirt just robbing people (im a quick bastard when im nude). Im probaly gonna head to Balmora and get some security/sneak training. But i gotta rob caldera 1st ;)

silvertrace
06-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I thought i played to much! http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Im a level 6 Dark elf, pretty much a fighter. But i cant beat the mission im on for the guild. So i took stored away all my armor and im running around in a shirt just robbing people. Im probaly gonn ahead to Balmora and get some security/sneak training. But i gotta rob caldera 1st ;)

d00d, for the past week i've LIVED morrowind, i stopped playin halo on xbc and i missed showering sometime around mon or tues, i think.....:eek:

nonetheless, my character is kicka$$, i'll post picks of my stats page later just in case peeps think i'm lying

i walked around the perimeter of the entire island, it was 2 days of bliss

*silver runs off to play morrowind again :eek:

mahalan
06-14-2002, 11:59 AM

Im a level 6 Dark elf, pretty much a fighter. But i cant beat the mission im on for the guild. So stored away all my armor and im running around in a shirt just robbing people (im a quick bastard when im nude). Im probaly gonna head to Balmora and get some security/sneak training. But i gotta rob caldera 1st ;)

Learn how to play the game, kid.

First, there's plenty of great armor and weapons for the taking. A lot of it is just lying around with nobody guarding it. You can also taunt a blacksmith into attacking you so you can kill him with impunity and take all of his stuff. Or you can steal it. There's no reason you aren't able to complete a quest.

Ever hear of conjuring? Even if you're not a magic user, enchanted items and summoning scrolls make combat a joke.

The only people I know who consider this game challenging are the ones who can't figure it out. They usually come back with the response "Yeah, but I'm roleplaying". Yeah, right. You're roleplaying someone who's destined to save the world and has chosen to become a wandering librarian. Some game.

FuNkY mOnK
06-14-2002, 12:11 PM

First, there's plenty of great armor and weapons for the taking. A lot of it is just lying around with nobody guarding it. You can also taunt a blacksmith into attacking you so you can kill him with impunity and take all of his stuff. Or you can steal it. There's no reason you aren't able to complete a quest.

Ever hear of conjuring? Even if you're not a magic user, enchanted items and summoning scrolls make combat a joke.

The only people I know who consider this game challenging are the ones who can't figure it out. They usually come back with the response "Yeah, but I'm roleplaying". Yeah, right. You're roleplaying someone who's destined to save the world and has chosen to become a wandering librarian. Some game.
Why don’t you start a thread with your own negative feedback? Something like {why I hate morrowind} or whatever, this thread is for positive conversation on a game lots of people here like, we didn’t ask for your opinion, if you don’t like the game fine, go take a leak on your own parade.

EHWfedPres
06-14-2002, 12:21 PM
My goal is to kill off an entire town. I dont know why, but im more than half way there with Balmora and Ald-rhun (spelling?)

And I just hit level 10 yesterday. goin to play now. i'll be back when im level 15.

mahalan
06-14-2002, 12:21 PM
That's odd. I thought this was a forum and this thread was for discussion on Morrowind. I didn't realize that it was intended for mindless drivel about how wonderful the game is written by people who've barely played it.

Maybe the topic of the thread should be changed to:

"Let's talk about how wonderful the first 10 hours of Morrowind are."

Veno
06-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Dude, it doesn't say anywhere this thread is for positive feedback. Some of us don't have the game, it's nice to know that the game has a **** load of flaws.

JJaX
06-14-2002, 12:26 PM

Its not that i dont know what im doing KID
Its that i went to VAS unprepared. My long blade is in 8/900 condition and i had no potions with me. I was foolish. Im just deciding to take advantage of the free realm and i wanna get trained to be a good thief too. I know if i really wanted to i could go back to vas all geared up and bust some heads open. But i want to do what i want to do. Thats the whole point of the game No?

CRAIG123
06-14-2002, 12:28 PM
my goal is to wait 2 months for this game to come out in the uk:mad: :mad: :mad:

JJaX
06-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Dude, it doesn't say anywhere this thread is for positive feedback. Some of us don't have the game, it's nice to know that the game has a **** load of flaws.

Just cause one person sees it as a flaw doesnt really mean its a flaw.

But whatever, Think what you want. If you like it you like it. If you hate it you hate it. Its as simple as that

FuNkY mOnK
06-14-2002, 06:16 PM
That's odd. I thought this was a forum and this thread was for discussion on Morrowind. I didn't realize that it was intended for mindless drivel about how wonderful the game is written by people who've barely played it.

Maybe the topic of the thread should be changed to:

"Let's talk about how wonderful the first 10 hours of Morrowind are."
Ok, if this game is so unconstructive and very easy, what kind of game are you playing that’s challenging? And btw the thread says what’s your goal, not what do you think of the game morrowind. There are plenty of threads that that give reviews.
here's one. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15580)

Nas
06-14-2002, 06:26 PM
My goal? To figure out what the hell I'm doing so far:D ( i just got this game yesterday). I am a level one Redgaurd w/barely any items lol. I just LOVE to explore though. I was exploring, and i found this Tomb, I saw some scrolls, and i was about to take them, and this ghost attacked and killed me! My goal is to find out whats in that tomb!

hollaaa:cool:

OppiumNitrates
06-14-2002, 06:26 PM

try playing as the monk type and dont just pick the character play like a monk would . . . i.e. no stealing . . .kill only when forced too . . .

then coem back in a few days and tell me how easy the game is numb nuts . . .

the only reason y this game may seem easy is cauz any number of characters could get through it not just a fighter or wizard . . . .

FuNkY mOnK
06-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
my goal is to wait 2 months for this game to come out in the uk:mad: :mad: :mad:

I couldn’t wait five minutes let alone 2 months, but if you like rpg type games, morrowind will not disappoint. Hang in there.

FuNkY mOnK
06-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Nas
My goal? To figure out what the hell I'm doing so far:D ( i just got this game yesterday). I am a level one Redgaurd w/barely any items lol. I just LOVE to explore though. I was exploring, and i found this Tomb, I saw some scrolls, and i was about to take them, and this ghost attacked and killed me! My goal is to find out whats in that tomb!

The way I see it so far, you take orders from the very start and follow them through as they are given to you, you can basically do whatever you want but if you take on too much on your own it might get chaotic. I’m staying with the orders from my superiors so I can get closer to the core of the story and possibly alter it later according to my ego.

Nas
06-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

The way I see it so far, you take orders from the very start and follow them through as they are given to you, you can basically do whatever you want but if you take on too much on your own it might get chaotic. I’m staying with the orders from my superiors so I can get closer to the core of the story and possibly alter it later according to my ego.

sounds cool man...I am going to do this one mission that says i gotta find out where this one guy is stashing his Gold because he isn't payin taxes or somethin lol.

Hugh_Jass
06-14-2002, 09:04 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'm just following orders until I get more powerful.

Alien
06-15-2002, 11:02 AM

If you like it you like it. If you hate it you hate it. It's just like Vanilla Coke. :D

Plewis
06-15-2002, 01:18 PM
i dont like vanilla coke:(... my goal is to be the head of the fighters guild:cool:... although I am doing my first mission now.. it would be cool:D I also would like to steal absolutely everything from Balmora... except for fellow bladers and fighter guilders..:D

NonFanboy
06-15-2002, 05:15 PM
To be the only humonoid in the entire game. I would say last living thing, but enemies always come back in a day.

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:27 PM
I just felt I'd point out to anyone thats read through the replies so far, that Mahalan has no idea what he's talking about. There is no way possible that he experienced everything in 20 hours.

The only people I know who consider this game challenging are the ones who can't figure it out. They usually come back with the response "Yeah, but I'm roleplaying".

LOL, pssst... its called a roleplaying game for a reason. What exactly do you mean by "figuring" the game out anyway?

Yes, its easy to steal some stuff, etc.. but thats how it would typically be in a town. Walk into my house and all my crap is lying around.. it ain't under lock & key in a safe. The thing with this game is that the developers really did leave almost everything up to the gamer in the way they want to play. If you want to create a spell that costs 1 pt in magicka to cast, recast it over and over to level up.. then do it! If you are a character that doesn't steal but have some cash problems, go ahead and steal if thats what you want to do. If you want to play an awesome game and roleplay a character you can do that as well (obviously)!

That said, I'd recommend this game to anyone that likes RPG's. This game has a way of captivating you for hours on end. Its dangerous!

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:32 PM
So I guess im not the only person who made an "I use this spell to gain intelligence" spell...

Dre
06-16-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
So I guess im not the only person who made an "I use this spell to gain intelligence" spell...

Merely pointing out that you could. I'm trying to play this game the way it was intended and not take too many liberties to maximize my enjoyment. However, when I got the levitation skill I couldn't cast it successfully and didn't have money for training so I cheaped it with the 1pt spell to bring myself up a few levels in the alteration school.

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah, Levatation is great for getting out of trouble with guards, or basically anything that dosent cast magic...or just walking back and fourth between those dámn huge Vivec canton buildings...or you can just use the walk on the air trick and not sustain any falling damage...

NonFanboy
06-17-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I just felt I'd point out to anyone thats read through the replies so far, that Mahalan has no idea what he's talking about. There is no way possible that he experienced everything in 20 hours.

LOL, pssst... its called a roleplaying game for a reason. What exactly do you mean by "figuring" the game out anyway?

Yes, its easy to steal some stuff, etc.. but thats how it would typically be in a town. Walk into my house and all my crap is lying around.. it ain't under lock & key in a safe. The thing with this game is that the developers really did leave almost everything up to the gamer in the way they want to play. If you want to create a spell that costs 1 pt in magicka to cast, recast it over and over to level up.. then do it! If you are a character that doesn't steal but have some cash problems, go ahead and steal if thats what you want to do. If you want to play an awesome game and roleplay a character you can do that as well (obviously)!

That said, I'd recommend this game to anyone that likes RPG's. This game has a way of captivating you for hours on end. Its dangerous!

"If you want to create a spell that costs 1 pt in magicka to cast, recast it over and over to level up.." I cant believe I never thought of that.... You smart :D

CharlieHustle
06-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Goal is to bust every head of everyone who dishragged my first character Redguard (healer). Now im an Assasin and i cant be touched, and i just got to level 2. Im also gonna finish the fighter guild, then im gonna find the mora tong guild and sign up with them(somewhere in vivec).
Well, this morning, i met with that naked dude who sits outside of caldera, you know, *****in about his axe. Well, i escourted him to that hoe and i sided with her, he got mad and put his naked ass set up, so i served him a two peice with biscuit combo. After he died i talked to the hoe, and she thanked me for killin him, and gave me everything but the axe(potions and stuff). So, you know what i did next, served her the same combo and took everything with the clothes(lol) i didnt even dispose of her body, i just left it there. One thing i just realize is that THUGS FINISH FIRST IN THIS GAME .

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Wow, not many people know about the Detect Key one point spell that costs 1 point of magicka and costs about 117 gold...im surprised.

Alien
06-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Wow, not many people know about the Detect Key one point spell that costs 1 point of magicka and costs about 117 gold...im surprised. I've used it before. Not over and over..but what it's ment to be used for. :o

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 11:21 AM
I used it a few times to get my Mysticism up because I bought all skills that all the mages know...