PDA

View Full Version : Projact Gotham/Rallisport/or Moto GP?

Nas
06-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Alright, i have some store credit left over at EB, and i'm looking to pick up a decent racing game for Xbox. Which do you prefer out of Projact Gotham Racing, Rallisport Challenge, or Moto GP? I am a fan of Gran Turismo, but I've already played it out to death. Also I am willing to not expect the customization and stuff like that that Gran Turismo 3 had. Any suggestions? I can only pick one. :)

hollaaa:cool:

Ninja Scroll
06-14-2002, 01:16 PM
DAYTONA USA!

Oh,...my bad,...it's not a choice!:o

mahalan
06-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Personally, I'd choose PGR.

Then again, I prefer games that provide substantially more challenge than most console gamers. PGR will require you to hone your skills, become familiar with both the cars and the courses and really test you before you're able to earn golds across the board. You'll easily log more than 100 hours with this game if you're not frustrated easily. My only complaint about PGR is that the cars in the game respond nothing like they do in real life (in real life, they're generally easier and more forgiving).

On the same note, I'd highly recommend Amped.

Xbox Owner
06-14-2002, 01:27 PM
I would get Test Drive, actually.

Liquid Gears
06-14-2002, 01:29 PM
Same here. Go with Test Drive and if not that, Rallisport Challenge.

Msterrrr
06-14-2002, 02:18 PM
MotoGP no doubt
it has features the others dont i.e system link!!
plus stunning graphics
20 bikes racing at once
training mode
tons of unlockables
best racer out there for xbox and i own all 3 :D

faceoff508
06-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Motogp looks good!

mother
06-14-2002, 02:28 PM
rally sport or pgr, im a huge fan of motogp but its not that fun to me. i love rally sport bercause its got the most balanced play in my opinion. i was really dissapointed in motogp, anyway no one ver plays anything online but halo, so dont let that sysl ink crap fool you. later

Spaztic
06-14-2002, 02:30 PM
PGR imo is the worst out of the choices you gave. If you have gt3 you really don't need pgr. Pgr is the kind of game that will **** you off to the point of hating the game! I would suggest RalliSport! That game kicks some serious ass!

Nas
06-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your choices everyone! I think though after watching this video of Rallisport Challenge, it pretty much convinced me to get it. Also i've heard very good things about it. But thanks for your advice...i'll let you know what i get! peace

Snoopy7548
06-14-2002, 06:26 PM
id say pgr. i also have rallisport, and its really awesome, but i think that pgr is better. i had more fun with it, and i played it for a longer time. the cars are also awesome in pgr. but rallisport is also an awesome choice, theyre both pretty equal

Nas
06-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
id say pgr. i also have rallisport, and its really awesome, but i think that pgr is better. i had more fun with it, and i played it for a longer time. the cars are also awesome in pgr. but rallisport is also an awesome choice, theyre both pretty equal

well if money permits, then i might get both of em used from EB :cool: PGR did look pretty cool when i saw my friend playing it, but Rallisport (to me) looks like it'd be more fun because of the different terrains and stuff. But i'll see if i can get both....if not, i'll go with Rallisport Challenge.

p.s. Snoopy, your sig. is tight.

Hugh_Jass
06-14-2002, 09:05 PM
I love PGR but Rallisport is incredibly fun. I would choose RSC.

stang46
06-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Get Moto GP. Its my favorite racer out of all 3. Currently I'm a league at Gamespy with races every Thursday. Can I do this with RSC or PGr?? Nope...I think the online aspect of Moto GP makes it a best buy plus the fact that is seems much more like a real racing game as opposed to an arcade game...

Snoopy7548
06-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Nas
p.s. Snoopy, your sig. is tight.

cool, thanks. i made it myself:D

GRAVEDIGGER
06-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Well IMO, you definately cant go wrong with MOTO GP
Its a very fun game, and its 20 times better than its demo on the OXM Demo disc!

Untill next time...:mad:

mrmp3
06-16-2002, 10:19 AM
I didn't care for PGR that much and I loved Rallisport. Haven't played Moto GP yet though. Anyone who has it, how are the crashes in it? I heard they were pretty good but could someone describe the crashes in it or ones they've had? Thanx. Signing off...

Zion
06-16-2002, 09:18 PM
It would be a choice between Rallisport and Moto GP, Project Gotham, while fun at first, just becomes too frustrating to be fun.

Rallisport is a much better car racing game, but Moto GP is better overall becuase you're always racing against lots of other riders. Rallisport gets a bit tedious becasue you're on the track all by yourself.

Both are great, but I would give the edge to Moto GP. However, you really should just get both. Project Gotham would be much more attractive if it were priced at $19.

Zion
06-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by mrmp3
I didn't care for PGR that much and I loved Rallisport. Haven't played Moto GP yet though. Anyone who has it, how are the crashes in it? I heard they were pretty good but could someone describe the crashes in it or ones they've had? Thanx. Signing off...

Man, the crashes are pretty brutal!! You will normally go flying, sometimes slamming into a wall in mid air. If you and your bike both stay on the track, there will usually be at least 5-6 bikes and riders piled up! :cool: