PDA

View Full Version : Will MechAssault be a Halo Killer?

mahalan
06-14-2002, 01:40 PM
It's one thing to have a nifty suit of armor with some electronic shielding, it's another to have 50 tons of hardware and weapons at your fingertips.

The graphics and action in this game look amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it and get some serious multiplayer action going. Now, if I could only become part of the beta.

faceoff508
06-14-2002, 01:47 PM
not a Halo killer but it will be a great game! It will be awsome online!

Liquid Gears
06-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Nah, it won't even come close to Halo. I have Mechwarrior 4: Vengance on PC and I haven't played this game in years. The replay value on it was so bad. I'm guessing the same will be for the MechAssault. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not looking forward to this game.

mahalan
06-14-2002, 01:51 PM
All of the replay value is in multiplayer. Anyone ever replay Halo in story mode???

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather go multiplayer in a customizable mech than running around looking for equipment.

Hugh_Jass
06-14-2002, 04:54 PM
I don't think it has the same broad appeal, but I do think Mech Assault will be a great game.

Shoua
06-14-2002, 06:15 PM
i think mech assualt will be a sweet game, it won't have a good story like Halo though

Shorezy
06-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Looks like an amasing game and i can't wait to play it. But it won't even come close to Halo.

hook-worm J
06-15-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Shoua
i think mech assualt will be a sweet game, it won't have a good story like Halo though

Your sig is cool, but it should say "buy an Xbox" not "buy a Xbox"

GRAVEDIGGER
06-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Well although i can say that Mechassault is well worth my 50 bucks, i cant seem to agree that it is a Halo killer. Dont get me wrong, i simply must have Mechassault, cause i'm a big fan of Micrsofts "Mechwarrior" series. And i'll probably be playing it more almost as much as Unreal, when XBOX Live lands.

Untill next time...:mad:

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 10:14 PM
Mech Assault will be much different from the Mech Warrior PC games. I'll buy it and play it, possibly online, but mech games dont have a big enough fanbase.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
...but mech games dont have a big enough fanbase.

Though i dont deny that you have a point there, but i think with the rise of the XBOX and this mech game being an XBOX Live Title, it should in itself create a good amount of hype, which should lead to a bigger fan base than the PC Version.

Untill next time...:mad:

EHWfedPres
06-16-2002, 10:06 PM
And dont forget about Steel Battalion...with that and Mech Assault, mech games might get a little more popular.

E-Vader
06-25-2002, 08:46 PM
What about Gun Metal is that out in the states yet??? it gets released in a couple of weeks in Australia.

Any good???

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 10:59 AM
E-Vader, that sig u got there kicks áss.

Anyway, why does everything have to be a Halo-killer? Morrowind is better than Halo.

Deathtohunters
07-10-2002, 12:35 PM
MechAssult looks okay, but nothing could even come close to hurting Halo. If something did get Halo, it should at least be something good, not something Girlie.

The Source
07-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Halo Killer? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha