PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Trailer

faceoff508
06-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Barbarian is a hybrid title coupling action/adventure, fighting, and role-playing elements. Choose your warrior from the Mighty Dagan, Princess Keela or one of 8 other playable characters. Travel through the world of Barbaria battling against the wrath of Zaugg, as you navigate your way on a majestic journey. Sure there are head to head battles, but that is merely where the game begins. Barbarian is completely redefining a new genre of gaming. Barbarian is not your average fighter, nor is it your average RPG. With a rich storyline and detailed quest mode you discover your characters true motives. With multiple story branches, Barbarian offers plenty of depth. While your Barbarian is armed with unique weapons, you will find that there is more than one way to bash an opponent. Not only can you uproot trees and toss coffins at your enemy, but also you can actually pick up the AI thugs and swing them around as a weapon!
Features:
10 different characters each with their own massive storyline and quest.
10 huge multi-level figthing arenas.
300 different story branches.
RPG Character upgrade system depending on experience earned.
Upgradable attacks and magic combos.
Interactive environment :Almost every object appearing on screen can be picked up (depending on your lifting ability), thrown or used as a weapon (including other characters).
Additional mini-quests with new fighting rules.
Sophisticated tutorial.
Multi-Player Combat Mode :
1-4 players fighting simultaneously.
2-8 characters can fight on screen at the same time.

--Teamxbox

Trailler: http://www.teamxbox.com/showmedia.php?mid=232

mahalan
06-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Looks like it could be a great game.

How in the world can the graphics be that good, though? It's coming out on the PS2 as well and I doubt the PS2 can come anywhere close to that.

faceoff508
06-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
Looks like it could be a great game.

How in the world can the graphics be that good, though? It's coming out on the PS2 as well and I doubt the PS2 can come anywhere close to that.

I dont know, I think they add some new things to it!

Spaztic
06-14-2002, 02:56 PM
this game looks sweet. Kinda like gauntlet done right!

DIGITAL
06-14-2002, 05:07 PM
the game looks cool,but its funny how most of the fighters look like they were taken from killer instinct

l Maximus l
06-14-2002, 05:47 PM
The game looks cool, but, it seems to me that the best scenes in that streaming video were cut scenes in the game, not the actual game itself. I guess we'll see...

FuNkY mOnK
06-15-2002, 05:36 AM
i'm sticking with hunter, ports have been pi ssing me off lately.

Shorezy
06-15-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
this game looks sweet. Kinda like gauntlet done right!

That's exactly what i was thinking. This looks like a sweet game. Lookin' foward to giving it a try.

Hugh_Jass
06-15-2002, 09:49 AM
The barbarian seems to have a little swish in his hips. I think he's in touch with his feminine side.