PDA

View Full Version : Is this true??

facadeface
06-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Hello all fellow addicts,

Its been awile sine I've posted here and I feel bad, But on to the question, a good friend at work told me today that alot of companies are backing out of the XBOX. I don't know if he ment game companies or shareholders, but he said the end is near. He said he heard it on the news. Now my friend hasn't been known to BS me before, but he is a PS2 fanboy. If anyone knows anything about this could you please inlighten me. Plus, can anyone plase tell me how the XBOX is doing on the market in terms of sales and all that jazz?? Hope I don't get flamed for this post, it is just what I heard.

P.S. XBOX RULES!!!!!!!!!!!! (Just had to throw that in).

Kooster
06-14-2002, 06:09 PM
thats not true. xbox is doing great now. microsoft's stocks have been increasing. i have no idea what ur friend is talking about.

techie
06-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Dude, I've been hearing some of the same crap
from other people. I was down at a game place
near my home and was talking with one of the
employees about different games and platforms.

He was pretty cool about everything we were
talking about, then another employee who was
listening in on our conversation piped in with,

"I've heard that the Xbox is doing so bad that
they are going to pull it from the shelf by the
end of the year!"

I proceeded to set his a$$ straight and let him
know that the Xbox was doing fine and was only
going to get better.

There is too much money to be made from games
and Bill Gates knows this. He can afford to lose money
for a couple of years on the Xbox and take the tax
write off until the Xbox is better established. Once
the major developers see that it isn't going anywhere,
you'll see all kinds of games coming out in support
of the Xbox.

The PS2 was slow getting started, and there were
not that many games for it at the beginning. It's
amazing how the PS2 owners seem to forget that
particular fact when they talk about the Xbox.

Master Gracey
06-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by techie
The PS2 was slow getting started, and there were not that many games for it at the beginning. It's amazing how the PS2 owners seem to forget that particular fact when they talk about the Xbox.

It's twue! It's twue!!

They seem to forget that Sony entered a market that was dominated wholly by Sega and Nintendo, yet Sony prevailed. And history has a tendency to repeat itself, so... :D

EggsBox
06-15-2002, 12:00 AM
Hunter and Morrowind have been selling really well; developers will not back out on a system that sells their software.

Adema
06-15-2002, 01:35 AM
That total bs from that guy who said that they were going to pull it by the end of the year. Look at the disaster that we call the Dreamcast, it was on the shelves for more time than what he predicted the Xbox would stay alive. Also if the Xbox is going down the Gamecube is going way before it.

Gaseoussnake
06-15-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Adema
That total bs from that guy who said that they were going to pull it by the end of the year. Look at the disaster that we call the Dreamcast, it was on the shelves for more time than what he predicted the Xbox would stay alive. Also if the Xbox is going down the Gamecube is going way before it.

Why should the GC be going down way b4 the Xbox?after all the GC has more units sold than the xbox has.

yall
06-15-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake

Why should the GC be going down way b4 the Xbox?after all the GC has more units sold than the xbox has.

not in america it hasnt. the xbox has done better in console and software sales in this country.

Alien
06-15-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by facadeface
Hello all fellow addicts,

Its been awile sine I've posted here and I feel bad, But on to the question, a good friend at work told me today that alot of companies are backing out of the XBOX. You should attack your friend next time you see him.

Gaseoussnake
06-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by yall

not in america it hasnt. the xbox has done better in console and software sales in this country.

Who cares if it sells more in America?GC has a larger userbase than the Xbox(globally).

MethodZ
06-15-2002, 09:32 PM
xbox is doing awesome they beat out gamecube in japan and maybe ps2 so obviously not why mess with a good thing microsoft and video games a bond that should never be broken

wweomaniac
06-15-2002, 09:40 PM
I have never heard about this in my life. I bet its a lie. Look at the list of games in my sig. XBOX hasn't even been put through the real test... the second christmas sales! Until then, developers would rather just sign. The sales of xbox may be last globally but they aint far behind at all. They are in second place in USa and each xbox sells with the largest average # of games bundled with it. So developer prolly love xbox since it receives so many game sales per console.

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 09:45 PM
It's 100% bullshyt. Thats what PoS2 panboys resort to when the realize that the Xbox is superior and they have nothing to support their system. Oh well. It's a sad sad world out there...

faceoff508
06-15-2002, 10:00 PM
He is lying!

yall
06-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake

Who cares if it sells more in America?GC has a larger userbase than the Xbox(globally).

Well, where do you live? Japan? Are you familiar with the concepts of 'markets'? obviously not. if the xbox sells better in america, then developers who want to cater to the american game market will not abandon the xbox. im sure developers making game cube games will focus on the japanese game market if the sales trends stay the same. so in short, everyone cares.

Young_Fledgling
06-16-2002, 01:50 PM
ur friend is a *** cube fanboy isn't he? I think you should kick him in the nuts then keep beating him until he promises to walk down the street carrying his *** cube like a little purple purse.

Veno
06-16-2002, 02:06 PM
Guys, from my reading i seem to see that you guys are saying that the xbox is doing badly now, but in a couple years it will be doing very well. Well in 2 years rumor has it xbox 2 and ps3 will be coming out, best chances they will both have equal technology, and equal amount of games. Alright, correct me if i'm wrong here.
Units sold:
PS2: Over 30 million
Xbox: Almost 4 million
Gamecube: A little bit over 4 million

So most gamers out there are using the ps2, so if xbox 2 and ps3 come out at the same time. Which one do you think they will choose(btw, i'm one of them as well, i have a ps2, gc, and xbox)? Yes, they will choose the system they have defended for so many years and the company that builds them.

Just my 2 cents. If any of the facts in this post are wrong, PLEASE correct me immediately. Thank you.

mrmp3
06-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Your friend is wrong. Microsoft has waaaaaay too much money to be pulling out by years end. Besides, Ghost Recon (Xbox) UC and other Xbox Live titles look better than most PC games. That's when software sales will soar. GC is worthless. It had like 6 Nintendo franchise games coming out later this year. It won't have online gaming and has no system link support like PS2 and Xbox. Although PS2 only has it for a couple games like GT3 and UT, it still has it. System Link however is still king on Xbox. Here's a little story I do with fan boys:

I met this kid bout 3 months ago. We became friends. I found out he has a ton of cash, showed him Halo. Told him how we could do 8 way. In my town, most people are PS2 fan boys and one of my friends sadly is a GC fan boy. True he has WMX8, but that's about it. Anywayz, my new friend buys an Xbox. We get 6 of our friend to come over. 1 PS2 fan boy refused to stop being one and is sticking with PS2 (I think he's just jealous my version of Madden 2002 is better looking than his :cool: ). My GC fan boy friend still sticks with GC. My other PS2 fan boy friends bought Xboxes after the 8 way system link. Now I got to buy a switch for my cable modem (runs at 1360 kbps or so said DSLreports.com) Anyone have any good ones?

So you see, once you show the power of the Xbox, combined with the HUGE potential this Oct. with Xbox Live and all those blockbuster titles, everyone wants Xbox now. Those friend of mine who bought Xboxes showed sys. link to their friends and now a ton of people got Xbox (and Halo of course). I can't wait for Xbox Live! Signing off...