PDA

View Full Version : Hunters going strong

Leon_1985
06-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Interplay Entertainment Corporation announced today strong sales for their Hunter: The Reckoning® game for the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft. Due to the high retail demand for Hunter: The Reckoning, the initial production has sold out and the game is now in its 3rd production.

Electronics Boutique noted today that for its first three weeks in release, Hunter: The Reckoning was the retail chain's #1 selling Xbox title. Moreover, management noted they are very pleased with Hunter's sales results.

Set in White Wolf Publishing's World of Darkness, Hunter: The Reckoning has received strong editorial acclaim from both gaming and mainstream press.

"Hunter: The Reckoning's strong debut at retail accelerates the turnaround of Interplay," said Interplay Chief Executive Officer Herve Caen. "It delivers a high-quality gaming experience that is being well received by consumers and retailers alike. Hunter has already earned a spot as a strong brand in our product lineup for the future."

GRAVEDIGGER
06-14-2002, 10:06 PM
Interesting, but i doubt that this will come as a surprise to many Addicts, simplly because we've been heralding this games greatness months before its release. But its good to have written assurance that the XBOX continues to press on.

Untill next time...:mad:

RadRider
06-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Frankly, I'm surprised. Well, maybe not. There was a lot of hype for this game from day one. I was never really impressed with what I saw or heard about it, but I did get slightly sucked into the hype.
After renting it, I must say that I should have never rented it. I simply haven't had any fun playing it, and it's got its little quirks that just really eat at me. I can see how some people would like it, but the game is just so highly unplayable to me that I'd never consider renting it again, let alone buying it.

EHWfedPres
06-15-2002, 11:00 PM
I like the game alot, but it seems a bit shallow...and I was expecting a REAL multiplayer mode, not co-op...still better than anything PoS2 has going now. :)

borka105
06-16-2002, 07:25 AM
I think it's the best xbox game out. It has everything that Halo never had and more.

-Borka105

Tkf5000
06-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by borka105
I think it's the best xbox game out. It has everything that Halo never had and more.

-Borka105
But it didnt have aliens or vehicles did it? Thats one thing hunter doesnt have. Hunter and Halo are both great games but still how can u dis halo like that?

borka105
06-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Sup, my friend from Maryland. I am in no way dissing halo. Infact I play Halo more than I play any game. It's just that to me hunter is better. THe places you go in hunter make sense. While in halo it seems that one level is on the beach the next is in the snow.....that really doesn't make sense. Plus Halo doesn't have all the weapons or enemies hunter has. In addition it's wierd that in halo your character has just been programmed to fight right away. Like his skills or anything don't increase. While in hunter the better you fight and react the better you character becomes.

Both games are great, but I like hunter better.

-Borka105

Dre
06-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by borka105
Sup, my friend from Maryland. I am in no way dissing halo. Infact I play Halo more than I play any game. It's just that to me hunter is better. THe places you go in hunter make sense. While in halo it seems that one level is on the beach the next is in the snow.....that really doesn't make sense. Plus Halo doesn't have all the weapons or enemies hunter has. In addition it's wierd that in halo your character has just been programmed to fight right away. Like his skills or anything don't increase. While in hunter the better you fight and react the better you character becomes.

Both games are great, but I like hunter better.

-Borka105

I believe Hunter is a great game as well. You just need to get used to using both analogs to control your hunter and then you're set. I think Halo is a great game as well. However, I must disagree with you on the enemy thing. I find that Hunter's enemies get just as repetitive as Halo's. There are zombies and vampires with different guns. Halo.. covenant and flood with different guns. About the same in enemy diversity to me :D

Morrowind IMO is better than Halo :) But then again, I am a diehard RPG fan!

Tkf5000
06-18-2002, 01:52 PM
If we went back a to the day xbox came out and huner and halo came out on the same day, you would get a whole fifferent reaction. i understand halo IS getting kinda old. But its still a ton of fun on multiplayer.

borka105
06-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Yes, definitely, if you add in the whole mutliplayer package, Halo is the better game. I am talking about the single player experience. I think hunter's is a lot more realistic, and more entertaining.

Dre- to follow up on your comment. I never in Halo saw where you can at one moment be fighting aligator's, the next mutated rats, the next vampires, the next monsters hanging by chains, and then all these differnt boses. I think in Halo you can use one gun to kill all the enemies. But in hunter, to kill the vampires you have to use the flame thrower. To kill the wild dogs you have to use the ax........

-Borka105

*Both are great games, and that further proves my point that the XBOX is the next generation system to own.

The Mexican
06-18-2002, 09:58 PM
I just beat Hunter last night, and I have to say, this game is probably one of the better games I have played in a long time.

Everything just seemed right as far as the meshing of all the elements are concerned; gamplay, controls, camera, graphics, monster design, amount of monsters...very well done.

I have been playing this with my friends/family off and on the last week, just getting down and having some kick a$$ fun.

I hope they make a Hunter2, I have a lot of ideas on how to improve and just evolve this game into an even better game, can't wait...

No reason to compare Hunter to Halo though, it really never makes sense to me as why people compare 2 different games to each other...hey, what did you like better, Star Wars or Spiderman, dude, SHUT UP< DONT COMPARE.....grrrrrrr...

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 01:42 AM
Hunter's zombies are stupid, Halo's covenant are smarter. Either way, Morrowind is better.

Tkf5000
06-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Hunter's zombies are stupid, Halo's covenant are smarter. Either way, Morrowind is better.
Yea true. Morrowind lasts longer too. Hunter is short 2-3 day game depending on how long u play each day.

The Mexican
06-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Hunter's zombies are suppose to be 'dumb', they are ZOMBIES. Halo's AI needs to be really intelligent, it's a tactical FPS game, if Halo had zombies in it, i'm sure they would be just as 'dumb' as in Hunter.

It really is pointless to compare titles that are non-similiar in genre. It's like me saying, damn, Halo sucks cause I didn't have the edges like I did in Hunter and I could have needed them so many times :)

Throwing Morrowind in the comparison, I won't even go there, let each game be, if Hunter was a tactical FPS than you can compare to Halo, or vice versa......

Felon
06-21-2002, 01:23 AM
The comparison of games it seems is based on which one has a longer play time. Hunter: 16 hours, Halo: 23 hours, Morrowind: 32 hours and still goin.

jccip20
06-21-2002, 10:40 AM
I agree morrowind has a nice amount of play time, Hunter is pretty quick and fun if you get a lot of friends together and just go at it, the bosses are pretty hard too but it still has a pretty good replay value, and Halo is just in a field of it's own as far as gameplay and structure Halo and Hunter are two seperate games that are both great in there own ways, I like them both and I don't favor either one.

Tkf5000
06-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Why do we compare xbox games.Xbox is superior. Why dont we compare consoles? :confused:

BlindSniper
06-23-2002, 01:16 PM
thney shud have strong sales, its such agreat game