PDA

View Full Version : IGN previews Splinter Cell

hook-worm J
06-14-2002, 09:36 PM
WOW! This game sounds(and looks) bad@ss! Here is a paragraph from the preview:

The environment is completely interactive. You can shoot anything, jostle things, and use objects for cover. You can shoot a bottle with such precision that you only shatter the lip. Sam was able to shoot the bottle three times before it was completely shattered. In one room there were two bad guys. Sam snuck up on one and grabbed him, using him as a shield. The other baddie was near a barrel full of gasoline. One shot to the barrel started the flow. The flow actually slowed down to a trickle as the barrel emptied. Then another shot at the puddle of gas caused an explosion and set the baddie on fire. Burn baby, burn. Along with using baddies as human shields, you can coerce them into telling you information and performing actions for you.

Cool! is all I can say!

Check out IGN's full preview HERE! (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/357/357741p1.html)

E-Xbox
06-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
WOW! This game sounds(and looks) bad@ss! Here is a paragraph from the preview:

The environment is completely interactive. You can shoot anything, jostle things, and use objects for cover. You can shoot a bottle with such precision that you only shatter the lip. Sam was able to shoot the bottle three times before it was completely shattered. In one room there were two bad guys. Sam snuck up on one and grabbed him, using him as a shield. The other baddie was near a barrel full of gasoline. One shot to the barrel started the flow. The flow actually slowed down to a trickle as the barrel emptied. Then another shot at the puddle of gas caused an explosion and set the baddie on fire. Burn baby, burn. Along with using baddies as human shields, you can coerce them into telling you information and performing actions for you.

Cool! is all I can say!

Check out IGN's full preview HERE! (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/357/357741p1.html)

sweet man!
u see the preview on extended play?!
DEEEEYAM!!
this game is gonna be sooo sick!

peace

hook-worm J
06-15-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

sweet man!
u see the preview on extended play?!
DEEEEYAM!!
this game is gonna be sooo sick!

peace

I sure did! but during the whole preview on EP, it never showed him shoot anyone! hehe, I know the game is all about stealth, but that was just something I wanted to see. But no doubt, it looks amazing!

dave_m123
06-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Cool info. Sounds very realistic.

E-Xbox
06-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
I sure did! but during the whole preview on EP, it never showed him shoot anyone! hehe, I know the game is all about stealth, but that was just something I wanted to see. But no doubt, it looks amazing!

i know..
but they did show him choke someone..
and fireman carry another..
hehe

peace