PDA

View Full Version : Defective Outlaw Golf Disks!

FpS_PhReeK
06-14-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey all,

I am really pi$$ed off now and am developing a love hat relationship with Outlaw Golf. I love this game,,,, I hate the fact that I keep getting "defective disk" messages. It happened on the first copy I picked up... I returned it to EB and got another one today,,, I pop it in and not more than 15 minutes into play I get a "defective disk" message.

You say ---------> return it to EB and get another. WELL damn right I will!!!!!! but the closest EB is more than an hour away,,, this trip to the mall to exchange defective disks is getting time consuming and expensive (gasoline and the fact that I cannot go anywhere in my car without stoping at atleast on fastfood place and a Dunkin Donuts). I think that I will return it to a different EB, maybe the EB I am going to got a bunch of baddies.... funny thing is, I asked the clerk at the EB and he said he had not ever heard of an Xbox game getting the "defective disk" message, he suggested that I have my Xbox looked at......... :::::idiot::::: ALL MY OTHER GAMES WORK PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! God those people can be SOOOOOO wrong sometimes I want to beat them with an out dated console... like a PoS2 right upside the head.... anyhoo I am done venting.

Anyone else experiencing "defective disk" messages on Outlaw Golf?

PhReeK out!

jdub12
06-15-2002, 04:54 AM
same problem here bro....i rented from blockbuster 4 times, and i had disc errors. I finally got it tp play a round of golf, but then it did it again. I love the game, but the problems wont stop. Sux badly......its like i have to worry about hitting a good shot, then making sure it doesnt crash out. Maybe they will recall or there will be a fix. Good Luck

Tkf5000
06-15-2002, 09:46 AM
This happened to me on morrowind. It only happened twice and tha was when i first started the game. Never happened again. Now i think i will wait to rent\buy this game.

FpS_PhReeK
06-15-2002, 07:28 PM
I returned the first copy and picked up a new one... you would think that this would be the end but oh no there is more. The second disk also brought with it more vibrant red "defective disk" messages.... so I returned that one about an hour ago... it is an hour drive home... I popped it in about 15 minutes ago and after no more than 10 minutes of hittin' balls on the driving range,,,, the red box,,, "defective disk".

Now, let me breath.

Okay I am better.

I have played the he|| out of THPS3, RalliSport, PGR, and World Series BB and I have not had this problem... I have played DVD after DVD and never seen my Xbox bat an eye.... but this Outlaw Golf has my Laser Reader inside the DVD drive workin like a mad man.. it is clicking and moving and then ;;; the red box, defective disk. So I think my Xbox is just finiky... it doesn't like something in the programing of this title... or my DVD laser needs adjusting... I guess I will call the publisher Simon and Schuester and Xbox Technical Support on Monday, I have to get this worked ouot I love this game.

Peace out, wish you all good gaming.

PhReeK out!

GRAVEDIGGER
06-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your outlow guld prblems guy. i Know that sh** must really suck! Hope you find a dics that works.

Untill next time...:mad:

FpS_PhReeK
06-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Spoke with MS tech support,,, they feel it is not a hardware problem.... they say that because all my other games are working and dvd movies are working I should contact the publisher,,, I will do so on Monday and give you all an update after my conversation with them. Laters.

PhReeK out!

Young_Fledgling
06-16-2002, 01:57 PM
ya my rental has done that 2 times... once right when i was for sure gonna win a tour event.

Tkf5000
06-16-2002, 06:50 PM
I rented it and me and my friend played it like all day, not one problem...

D-Dubbs
06-20-2002, 11:08 AM
had it happen once with Hunter after extensive play. Don't know how dependable this advice is, but after a little bit, save and shut it off.......I suggest turning on the auto shut off also, just so you don't accidently leave it on pause. As with PC and other consols....Xbox also has more chance of malfunction with overheated components.