PDA

View Full Version : WWF RAW IS WAR one step closer to delay...

Maxthndr
10-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Just a few months ago, both WWF fans and Xbox fans heard that Raw is War was arriving to Xbox at launch. Now, just 26 days before launch, those fans are sitting on the edge of their seats, hoping they catch a few announcements by THQ about this game. To date, the last update was in August, and that wasn't even an update! As we're nearing launch, though, RIW is moving farther and farther from expected launch dates. Due to the terrorist acts of September 11th, the WWF show, previously titled "RAW IS WAR" has been renamed to just "RAW". Of course, WWF had to fix this in their game, and therefore, a delay has been caused. But nobody knew about it, release dates just changed to random dates in November and December. But now, it is almost certain that RAW will be delayed. How do I know this? Well, all the arrows point that way. Earlier this month, Gamestop, Babbages (Same site), and EBWORLD had changed release dates to mid-December. People were surprised, but I think they just ignored them. Earlier tonight, though, I recieved an e-mail from CompUSA (from whom I preordered my Xbox, w/ raw, halo, and fever) saying that raw is war will be shipped seperately from the rest of my order, and I will receive it in December. Here is the e-mail:

Dear CompUSA web Customer;

We have been notified by the vendor that the game, Raw is War, that
you chose as part of your XBox bundle will not be available when the
product launches November 15th. You will receive the rest of your
order as scheduled and we will ship/bill Raw is War when it does
arrive in December. Please note that you may not change your bundle
at this time, to do so will result in the cancellation of the entire
order. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you'd like to
cancel your pre-order at any time, please e-mail us at
sales_support@compusa.com.

Regards,

The CompUSA.com Staff

Stephen, Jeremy, sum1, please make a post about this on the front page, this could be first seen here.

rivalius13
10-20-2001, 06:00 AM
i hope it makes the euro launch...

Majin-Vegeta
10-20-2001, 07:06 AM
dam this sucks, but i guess 1 month aint that bad. i can wait that long

DaysofthunderXB
10-20-2001, 09:29 AM
It has been delayed to DEC 26th, But according to my local EB they said that DEC 3rd was its release. The web site says

Ships on 12/26/2001

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=209965

Its no biggy there are still plenty of quality titles to get befire RIW! I'll just get it for christmas!

rivalius13
10-20-2001, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DaysofthunderXB
It has been delayed to DEC 26th, But according to my local EB they said that DEC 3rd was its release. The web site says

Ships on 12/26/2001

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=209965

Its no biggy there are still plenty of quality titles to get befire RIW! I'll just get it for christmas! if it isnt released till the 26th of december how will you get it for christmas?

DaysofthunderXB
10-20-2001, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by rivalius13
if it isnt released till the 26th of december how will you get it for christmas?

I'll get money and I'll buy it for my self. Hence its a christmas gift from me to me:D:D:D