PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else gettin' BAD DISK error on Outlaw Golf?

FpS_PhReeK
06-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey all,

I am just curious how wide spread this problem is. Please post if you have experienced "Damaged Disk" errors on Outlaw Golf.

PhReeK out!

xboxmaster2002
06-15-2002, 12:46 PM
no mine works perfectly fine i would take it back and get a new one if i were you

FpS_PhReeK
06-15-2002, 12:55 PM
no mine works perfectly fine i would take it back and get a new one if i were you

I did return my first copy to EB and now the second copy is doing this also.... I plan on getting another copy today at a different location... but this seems to be a wide spread problem here in Central New York... the guys at EB have stated that they had more than 10 copies returned since its release.

I think I was clear the first time... but I will try to make it clearer.

I am just curious how wide spread this problem is. Please post if you HAVE experienced "Damaged Disk" errors on Outlaw Golf.

PhReeK out!

xboxmaster2002
06-15-2002, 12:59 PM
oh i didnt catch that HAVE this time you were CLEAR enough maybe its your xbox

FpS_PhReeK
06-15-2002, 07:29 PM
I returned the first copy and picked up a new one... you would think that this would be the end but oh no there is more. The second disk also brought with it more vibrant red "defective disk" messages.... so I returned that one about an hour ago... it is an hour drive home... I popped it in about 15 minutes ago and after no more than 10 minutes of hittin' balls on the driving range,,,, the red box,,, "defective disk".

Now, let me breath.

Okay I am better.

I have played the he|| out of THPS3, RalliSport, PGR, and World Series BB and I have not had this problem... I have played DVD after DVD and never seen my Xbox bat an eye.... but this Outlaw Golf has my Laser Reader inside the DVD drive workin like a mad man.. it is clicking and moving and then ;;; the red box, defective disk. So I think my Xbox is just finiky... it doesn't like something in the programing of this title... or my DVD laser needs adjusting... I guess I will call the publisher Simon and Schuester and Xbox Technical Support on Monday, I have to get this worked out I love this game.

Peace out, wish you all good gaming.

PhReeK out!

darianX
06-16-2002, 06:41 PM
It's not only in NY...south central PA has a load of crappers too. Mine was displaying the dirty disc error right after hole 15 on the NJ Turnpike course, first match. So I returned it to Funcoland and got another one and it does the EXACT same thing in the EXACT same spot. The other courses are just fine (so is Summer..heh).

The guys at Funcoland said they've gotten back about 50% of the copies they sold so far with the same problems. Sounds like they have a bad batch of disks....maybe if we raise enough hell to Simon & Schuster they will give us free stuff.

No Fear 23
06-16-2002, 06:59 PM
i have no problem with mine

FpS_PhReeK
06-17-2002, 12:13 AM
Well I am on my third disk and I still get the red "defective disk" messages at the driving range and on the first tourney between hole 15 and 16 just as 'darianX' has stated... man I was like 5 under par and the damn thing froze.

I love this game I am having a blast with it... I cannot wait to unlock Trixie and Mistress Suki... but god this freezing stuff has to stop.

I will be calling Simon and Shuester tomorrow morning and making them well aware of this. I suggest anyone else do the same.

PhReeK out!

UnitedKingdom
06-17-2002, 05:55 AM
Project gotham used to do this to me, but it turned out the console was duff not the game.

noodleboy
06-17-2002, 07:15 AM
Get your system checked out. You already made 3 trips to get new discs, why not take your Xbox in. Hope you got the service plan.

mahalan
06-17-2002, 09:05 AM
No problems with my disc here either. It's looking like it could be your console.

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 10:34 AM
no prob with mine....at least so far

-DZNUTZ knocks on wood-

FpS_PhReeK
06-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by mahalan
No problems with my disc here either. It's looking like it could be your console.

I doubt that it is my Xbox if it only happens on this game and it happens at the percise location that "darianX" has stated. There must have been a batch of defectives.... I dunno I just want it to stop so I can put club to ball.

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
06-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey all,

I contacted the publisher via phone today, they refered me to an email technical support. I explained the problems and I refered them to this thread at Xboxaddict.com, so if you are experiencing problems submit a thread. To check if your disk is okay, play the Jersey Turnpike first tourney in single player, see if it freezes between 15 and 16. Sometimes it will also freeze on the driving range when switching between game modes or restarting the mode.

PhReeK out!

Kilik
06-17-2002, 12:45 PM
No problems with mine, and yes summer is fine!

DIGITAL
06-17-2002, 03:59 PM
i plan on getting this game an im allso from NY an i hope i dont get this problem,i think i might just rent it first an see i get that problem,im glad everyone likes the game,i hate golf ,especially since everyone in NY been talking about the U.S open,but this game keeps sounding bettet an better.besides from the disc error

darianX
06-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Got the disc error in a different spot yesterday....on the El Diablo course. Can't remember where exactly it was, but it was real similar to the Turnpike one, where it freezes between holes. Grrrrrrr....I LOVE this game but I'd really like to not worry about freezing......

Casper
06-18-2002, 01:39 PM
I live in the Hudson Valley in NY (about an hour from the city) and me and one of my boys both bought the game and (thank god) haven't had a problem with it yet.

Well, Ok, I won't thank god, but I will thank someone better than him....the XBOX ;)

FpS_PhReeK
06-18-2002, 04:10 PM
I recieved a email from the publisher.... basically they claim it is a dirty lens on the Xbox,,, I do not see how, I mean all of my other 7 games work perfect and all of my other 30+ DVD's play perfect,,, yeah it is my lens; NOT!

Here is their forum,,, LINK! (http://www.hypnotix.com/code/forum.htm) scroll halfway down to find the thread on OLG "GAME CRASHES"... oh BTW I am "Christian from Syracuse" posted on the 18th.

These guys should really just appologize and get me a copy that works or try to make a patch that does not require me to delete all of my saved games and Mp3's.

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
06-18-2002, 08:37 PM
bump